4th January 2014, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

NDA entrance exam after qualifying Diploma engineering?

Respected sir,

Now i m a Third Year student of diploma my age is now 18 year old.

should i qualified for entrance exam of NDA after completing my diploma in Information Technology(IT)?

13th January 2014, 11:40 AM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: NDA entrance exam after qualifying Diploma engineering?

No, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination.

NDA i.e National Defence Academy Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission two times in a year. The examination will be conducted in the month of February and August.

Basic required qualification to apply for NDA examination is that candidate should have a completed Intermediate from a recognized School or equivalent qualification. Only Intermediate candidates are eligible to apply for NDA Examination. Diploma candidates are not eligible and it is not equivalent to Intermediate qualification. Those who have appeared or passed intermediate eligible to apply for National Defence Academy Examination.

NDA Examination is conducted for recruitment of Army wings, Navy wings and Air Force wings and Naval Academy Cadet Entry Scheme Examination. The candidate age should between 16.5 years to 19 years and only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA Examination.
14th January 2014, 08:05 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: NDA entrance exam after qualifying Diploma engineering?

I am sorry , You are not eligible to appear for the N.D.A exam . Before applying for N.D.A exam you must first meet the Eligibility criteria .

Since your qualification is “ Diploma “ , you are not eligible to apply for N.D.A . Because the “ MINIMUM QUALIFICATION IS INTERMEDIATE “ .
The qualification is either of 12th class / equivalent for army and with Physics and Maths for Air force / Navy.

Only unmarried male candidates are allowed to appear for the exam . So Girls are not eligible to attend for the written test . The minimum age could be with 16 ½ years .
The maximum age is allowed up to 19 yrs as of the first day of the month in which course is due to commence . This N.D.A exam is denoted by Union Public Service Commission.
The SSB date likely may be from September to October and January to April .

DURATION OF TRAINING :
> 3 yrs at NDA and 1 yrs at IMA ( For Army Cadets )
> 3 yrs at NDA and 1 yrs at Naval Academy ( For Naval Cadets )
> 3 yrs at NDA and 1 & ½ yrs at AFA Hyderabad ( For AF cadets )

The candidates selected for the Service Selection Board will have to go through the medical examination as it is an important basis for the candidates to fall in the Eligibility Criteria .

The candidates applying for Army Wing of National Defence Academy should be with 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school Education or equivalent examination conducted by State Education Board or university.

You must be an Indian Citizen . As you are willing to get into Army , Navy field you are not eligible for NDA exam . So I recommend you to go for C.D.S exam
So there Graduation is the minimum qualification to be eligible . So Soon after the completion of your Diploma you try to complete your Graduation . Then surely your dream will come true .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?