12th June 2018, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA while pursuing Engineering degree course?

My name is V. Jeganath. I have completed my SSLC and HSC with above 90 percent. And I have joined engineering course. If I apply and selected in NDA. Then what can I do. I want to discontinue my engineering? Please advise.

14th June 2018, 09:19 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA while pursuing Engineering degree course?

Yes, you can apply for NDA examination while pursuing Engineering course. But, you have to satisfy the Eligibility criteria like age limit, physical standards, etc.,. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board and unmarried male candidates those who are in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years are eligible to appear in NDA examination.
14th June 2018, 08:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

NDA examination is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission for selection of candidates to different wings of Defence. The age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

If you are within age limit then you can apply for NDA II of 2018. If you are selected then you can leave your engineering course and join NDA otherwise continue the ongoing course.
14th June 2018, 10:38 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same you need to qualify NDA entrance examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The minimum education required for appearing in NDA entrance examination, is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education.

So, being a engineering student you are eligible for appearing in NDA entrance examination.

Further, in case you qualify NDA entrance examination then there will be no problem in discontinuing your engineering course and joining NDA.

For details and regarding NDA entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2018, 09:10 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

NDA exams are conducted by UPSC twice every year.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

1. 12th passed from a recognized board. PCM subjects necessary in 12th for Navy and Air Force.

2. Age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

3. Only unmarried male candidates can apply for exam.

You can apply for the exam if you meet above criteria. When you are selected in NDA, you can leave engineering course.
15th June 2018, 03:50 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

If your age is under 19 years then you can apply for NDA examination. But if your age is above 19 years then you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination.
15th June 2018, 06:03 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

You must have passed 12th from a recognized board. PCM subjects in 12th are necessary for Navy and Air Force.

The age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

If you are selected in NDA then without any hesitation leave engineering and join Armed force.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?