14th June 2017, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NDA exam while doing 11th standard?

Hlw Sir/Maam, I want to know that can I give the entrance exam of NDA while studying in class 11th? Please provide me the minimum criteria which they will look for? It will be really helpful if I get to know the details soon as possible on the same. Thank you!

15th June 2017, 08:55 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NDA exam while doing 11th standard?

No, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination while pursuing your 11th standard. Only candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for NDA examination. The age criteria required to apply for NDA examination is 16.5 to 19.5 years. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination while pursuing 11th standard.
15th June 2017, 09:51 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and UPSC conducts this examination for recruitment in defence service.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

So, you will be not eligible to appear for examination while pursuing in 11th std.

The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in both stages of examination for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 10:31 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA entrance examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year for selection of candidates into different wings of Defence.

The minimum academic qualification required for NDA exam is that candidate must have done 10+2 or appearing for board examinations. For Navy and Air Force, Mathematics and Physics in 12th is necessary.

You can not apply for NDA exam while studying in 11th standard.
15th June 2017, 11:02 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA is:

1. Only 12th passed or appearing for board examination candidates can apply for NDA examination.

2. Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

You can not apply for NDA exam while doing 11th standard.
15th June 2017, 12:54 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence services. To appear for examination minimum required eligibility is candidate must have either passed or pursuing in 12th.

Only male candidates between 16.5-19.5 years are eligible for examination.

So, now you are not eligible to appear for examination but you can start prepare for examination to qualify in it. The examination is conducted in written and SSB stages.
15th June 2017, 02:43 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

No, you can't apply for NDA exams while studying in 11th. First you have to complete your intermediate in PCM from a recognized board. Only after that you will be eligible for this exam. Thanks
15th June 2017, 03:36 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

You can not appear for National Defence Academy entrance examination while studying in 11th standard.

Only those candidates who have done 10+2 or appearing for board exams can apply for NDA examination. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Female candidates can not apply for NDA examination.
15th June 2017, 04:22 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

For NDA examination conducted by UPSC required minimum qualification to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from a recognised board.

The examination is conducted in two stages as :-

Written.

SSB.

The age limit to appear for examination is 16.5-19.5 years and only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you will be eligible to appear for examination in next year.
15th June 2017, 04:42 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and NDA entrance examination is held twice every year by UPSC for selection of students for joining NDA.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in NDA entrance examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have either completed your Class 12th or must be pursuing Class 12th with any stream from a recognized board. Further to join Indian Navy and Indian Air force wings of NDA you must have studies Physics and Mathematics in your Class 12th.

* You must hold the physical and mental fitness as specified in the notification released for the same examination.

So as far as you are concerned about your possibility for appearing in NDA entrance examination while studying in Class 11th then it is not possible as for appearing NDA entrance examination you need to be studying in Class 12th at least.

For more details about NDA entrance examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 06:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and same is a defense academy that provides necessary training and education to those manages to qualify NDA entrance examination with an aim to become a commissioned officer in Indian defense sector.

NDA entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in NDA entrance examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have either completed your higher secondary school degree or must be in the final year of same degree with any stream from a recognized board of education.

* You must satisfy the required physical fitness norm as per the service requirement.

So it is clear from above mentioned eligibility criteria that for appearing in NDA entrance examination you are required to be a student of Class 12th at least and hence being a student of Class 11th you cannot apply for NDA entrance examination.

For details regarding NDA entrance examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 08:57 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for NDA exam right now. You can appear for the NDA exam after appearing your 12th exam.

UPSC conducts NDA exam twice a year with the name;NDA I and NDA II.The candidate who wishes to join Indian Army has to clear the entrance exam conducted by UPSC.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

The criteria which has to be fulfilled to get admission in NDA are following:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 in any stream from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-The selection process involves of

* Written Examination,and

* Personal Interview by Service Selection Board(SSB).
15th June 2017, 09:41 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, candidates pursuing in 11th std are not eligible to appear for NDA entrance examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The minimum qualification to appear for examination is 12th or pursuing in it from a recognised board.

Age limit : 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you will become eligible to appear for examination next year, if you are a male candidate only.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB. Candidates after qualifying in written will be eligible for SSB and only after qualifying in SSB will become eligible for final recruitment in job.
15th June 2017, 10:30 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot apply for NDA examination being a student of 11th standard. The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year for the candidates who are interested to join in Indian Army, Navy and Airforce wings.

A candidate must be citizen of India.

You must be in between 16.5 to 19 years of age.

You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent to be eligible to appear in NDA examination.

You must be an unmarried male candidate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?