27th June 2011, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

can I apply for NET exam while doing MSc IT?

i am m.sc. branch I. T. student , i can apply in net exam. i8n mathematics branch , pls tell me...

3rd November 2011, 12:31 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: can I apply for NET exam while doing MSc IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am m.sc. branch I. T. student , i can apply in net exam. i8n mathematics branch , pls tell me...
M.sc is the 2 Year Post graduate degree course and If you are Pursuing your Final year M.sc Degree course, then you are eligible to apply for NET Examination.

NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test and this examination is conducted by UGC Twice in a year, The examination will be conducted in June and December every year, For this year June NET Examination was already completed and The last date of apply for December NET Examination was already Over.

Those who have missed both the NET Examination, then please apply for NET Examination Next year i.e on 2012.

Eligiblity Criteria for NET Examination :

To apply for NET Examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course form a recognised University.

Final year Post graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for NET Examination.

To apply for NET Examination, you have to scored minimum 55% marks in your Post graduation, Those who have not scored minimum 55% marks in Post graduation, then he/she will not be eligible to apply for NET Examination.

The examination fees of NET Examination is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through challan form in SBI Bank and then you are eligible to fill the Online NET Application form. NET Examination was Objective as well as Descriptive.

You have to choose the subjects in NET Examination as per your Post Graduation and if your Subjects are not availiable in NET List, then you can Opt any related subjects in NET Examination, So If you are Pursuing your Final year M.sc degree course then you are eligible for NET Examination because only Final year Post graduate candidates are eligible for NET Examination.

And for More Information about NET, Then please check the official website :

http://ugcnetonline.in

3rd November 2011, 09:03 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
UGC NET exam is conducted to mainly to recruit Research assistant and lectures in various stream,If you get good score in NET exam then you can able to teach good college from any place in INDIA.

Eligibility criteria for NET exam:-

* Candidate pass Master degree or related subject
*Candidate Must secure 55% in Master degree(54.99% is not eligible)
*Final year student can also eligible to apply
*Age- 21 to 28 years
age relaxation based on govt. rules

Exemption and Eligibility for Lectureship

The NET will be compulsory even for the candidates with Ph.D. The NET is must for the post of lecturer. There will be some exemptions for the M.Phil candidates. Those who have submitted their Ph.D thesis to the University before 31 December 2002 are avoided from this exam. Also those who have pursued M.Phil by 31 December 1993 are exempted from this.

So you are eligible for NET exam...............

Good Luck..................

3rd November 2011, 10:36 AM
tejesh_09

NET- NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST is conducted by UGC two times every year.

You are eligible for NET exam as you are pursing your study in M.SC. I.T.

The qualification for NET exam is Post Graduation degree from a recognized Institution with 55% marks in any subject.

For more information you can visit official web site i.e. ugcnetonline.in

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?