14th June 2017, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a genetic engineer after clearing medicine entrance exam?

Is entrance is necessary to become a genetic engineer? If I take entrance for medicine can I become a genetic engineer? Can you please give me the complete details soon? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon. Thank you for this.

Related Questions:
  1. How to become a genetic engineer after choosing Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Biotechnology
  2. How to become a Genetic Engineer?
  3. How to become a genetic engineer? Procedure to apply in colleges to do genetic engineering
  4. Which are the courses after passing 12th biology? I want to be a genetic engineer
  5. How can I take admission in MSc in human genetics? I have completed BSc in Agriculture
  6. What is minimum salary offered for a Genetic Engineer? What will be the career scope for Genetic Engineer in India?
  7. Which are the colleges in Pune which offer Genetic Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to be a genetic engineer if I am studying 12th science
  9. Can I join genetic engineering after taking BIPC in 12th?
  10. Is it possible to study Medicine after completion of B.Tech?
  11. Best college in Tamil Nadu for Genetic Engineering? Scope of Genetic Engineering in India?
  12. Which is the best stream after B.E? I am final year student
  13. Percentage needed in 12th board exam to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology course? Entrance exam which I need to answer?
  14. Is Maths compulsory for Genetic engineering? What is Modus Operandi?
  15. How is it possible to study Genetic Engineering in Ahmedabad?
  16. Which entrance exam is conducted for admission in Genetic Engineering? How can I apply for the exam?
  17. Percentage required in 12th to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology courses? Main subjects in both the courses? Entrance exams required to be answered for Genetic Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Is there any scholarship or entrance exam for Genetic engineering?
15th June 2017, 04:55 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a genetic engineer after clearing medicine entrance exam?

=> B.Tech. Genetic Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Genetic Engineering is an undergraduate Genetic Engineering course.

=> The duration of this course is four years.

=> Candidate must have passed 12th with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.

=> In government college the admission of candidate will be done on the basis of entrance examination.

=> As per my knowledge, you are eligible to become a genetic engineer after clearing medicine entrance exam.
15th June 2017, 05:44 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a genetic engineer after clearing medicine entrance exam?

Admission to Genetic engineering is carried out based on merit i.e the marks secured in the final exams of 10+2 and through entrance exams conducted at state and national level or through the entrance exams conducted by the concerned institution. Admission in IIT's for this course is made through JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) performance.

Eligibility criteria required to do Genetic engineering is 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology or bachelors degree in Science or Molecular Biology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?