5th September 2012, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a IPS officer after completing my graduation by Arts stream

Can i become ips officer after completed my graduation by arts stream

12th November 2012, 05:20 PM
MNandhakumar

Default Re: Can I become a IPS officer after completing my graduation by Arts stream

yes, u can achieve the ips officer in future ....anybody to get ips officer and some qualifications are need for this position...i first complete one degree course then will be clear the primary exams some age group of people only apply for this job...
15th November 2012, 03:12 PM
srikanth0438

Default Re: Can I become a IPS officer after completing my graduation by Arts stream

Hi my dear friend...........

Yes.It's good dissection my friend..........

you want became a IPS officer....

you should be completed degree with 60%

then after you can prepare very carefully your written exam

preliminary exam
main exam

interview

training period...

Thank you.............
4th January 2013, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

I have score 2nd division in graduation by arts can I apply for ips
19th January 2013, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanth0438 View Post
Hi my dear friend...........

Yes.It's good dissection my friend..........

you want became a IPS officer....

you should be completed degree with 60%

then after you can prepare very carefully your written exam

preliminary exam
main exam

interview

training period...

Thank you.............
i have 56% of marks.., am i eligible...?
19th January 2013, 04:28 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Yes, you can become an IPS officer being a Arts Graduate provided you have required qualification.

IPS - Indian Police Service, to become an IPS officer, one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IPS must be an Indian national having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream frm a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate. The candidate should have possessed good Physical and Mental Fitness.

In addition the candidate should have possessed a minimum physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT: - General Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-84cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service main Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th January 2013, 08:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Any Graduate from a recognised university can apply for IPS examination . So you must not worry if you are a Arts Graduates and should start preparing for this examination if you have the required age .

The age limit for IPS examination for different categories is given below:

General Category- 21 to 30 years

OBC Category- 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category - 21 to 35 years

To become IPS officer you have to crack the Civil Services Examination which is conducted by UPSC.

To become IPS officer you have to perform well in CSAT, Mains and Interview .

For IPS there is medical examination and you must have the required physical fitness to become an IPS officer.

Please note that in Mains you have to opt for an optional subject . In your case you can opt for an Arts subject.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th May 2013, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

My name is huma, Can i become IPS Officer? I have done BA exams in arts and waiting of result plz tell me which subject is better in MA for me kindly help me plzzzz
31st October 2013, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

If i pass in arts in ba then when i appear on ips exam main exam ,how many subject i attain and which subjects
21st April 2014, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects is better for me as I am an arts student. Graduate (eng. Hons) will I b able to take History as my main subjects
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?