6th May 2011, 02:03 PM
Baljinder074

Subjects to choose in BA after 12th standard with Arts stream to become an IPS officer?

Sir I want to become IPS officer and I have done +2 in arts (economic,geography,history,english,hindi)and which subject i choose in BA

8th May 2011, 09:45 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Subjects to choose in BA after 12th standard with Arts stream to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baljinder074 View Post
Sir I want to become IPS officer and I have done +2 in arts (economic,geography,history,english,hindi)and which subject i choose in BA
No problem you can take any subject of your choice this doesn't matter at all

to clarify this you should know the basic eligibility criteria of CSE (Civil service Examination )

this is the examination which is common for all the Services like IAS/IPS and all

IPS is an central service and also deeply regarded as The most prestigious job..

Like this service there are other 24 services for which a common entrance test is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)

The main basic eligibility criteria for Civils Service Examination

->Candidate must have 21 years of age

->Candidate must complete at least degree from a recognized Indian University

this is all about the basic eligibility criteria of CSE

As per your qualification if you have completed Degree then definitely you are eligible for the exam..

You can go through the examination code for Civil Service Examination in the official website of UPSC

i.e.

www.upsc.gov.in

regards

~AdityA~
8th May 2011, 11:43 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Subjects to choose in BA after 12th standard with Arts stream to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baljinder074 View Post
To be an IPS Minimum education criteria = Graduate
With any subject in graduate make you eligible for exam but you need to be atleast graduate and always choose a subject of your own choice and interest...

for IPS you need to write CSAT exam..

CSAT consits of two paper and each paper of Two hrs..

(Paper 1) (200 marks) consists of
  • Current events.
  • History
  • Geography
  • Indian Polity and governance
  • Economic and social development
  • and General science.

It is of purely objective type and qualifying exam...

(Paper II) (200 marks)
  • Comprehension
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision making and problem solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy(Class X level)
  • English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

It is of purely subjective type and followed by interview....
9th May 2011, 12:35 AM
Roysons

Default Re: Subjects to choose in BA after 12th standard with Arts stream to become an IPS officer?

Dear,
In order to become an IPS officer you need not worry about the subjects you choose.
The minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate.
Firstly you need to clear the CSAT exam conducted by UPSC in order to appear for the IPS exam.
Age limitation is between 21-30 years with 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates and 3 years relaxation for OBC category.
General awareness is very important in this.
Thanks.
14th May 2011, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Subjects to choose in BA after 12th standard with Arts stream to become an IPS officer?

I've done 2 in arts stream without math. Can I join with Air Force
30th May 2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

how can i prepare civil exam
3rd June 2011, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

i want to do B.A in govt.mohindra college,patiala.can i appear for I.A.S.
17th June 2011, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

IPS KE LIYE 10TH KE BAAD KAUNSI BEST SITE MAI JANAA CAHIYE
21st June 2011, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12th in 2006 with 83% in commerce
. today in2011 i want to continue my studies in arts subject please tell me what r the subjects are there in arts & which subjects to choose in tutorials
25th July 2011, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

I am now in class 11.My dream is IPS officer.BUT I am fat is this create any problem?
30th August 2011, 05:08 PM
dhruv007

in BA you can choose any your subject which you want. it does not matter.
for appearing in this exam you should have complete your graduation from any recognized university. .also there is no minimum percentage require for apply for this exam. you can apply for this exam under the age limit of 21-30 .
31st August 2011, 12:36 AM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
You can choose any subjects,there are no bound for subjects,but if I were in your place I would must choose Geography and Mathematics,because these subjects are very important.
Lots of questions are come from Indian geography in G.K. part so you will be advantageous if your subject is Geography,and with math it is always helpful.
Criterion for IPS are:

1>You have to be a graduate from any recognized university by Govt. of India.
2>Your age should be between 21-30(5 years relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years relaxation for OBC)
3>You should be an Indian
All the best
2nd September 2011, 11:43 PM
kuljas

what is the eligibility to become sdm
3rd September 2011, 12:15 AM
Sehwag6

eligibility criteria for ips:-

**ips stands for Indian police service

**educational qualification is graduation in any stream

**age limit is 21 to 30years

**then apply union public service commission exams

**some physical requirements are required

you do any subjects and any graduation degree

for further details www.upsc.gov.in

all the best
6th October 2011, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

what are the physical requirements required to become be a ips officer.
21st December 2011, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

i want become an ips but i didn't taken math in 12
18th February 2012, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

is criminology and police administration authorised subject for IPS examination as a prelimineri and main exam.
5th April 2012, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

ips and pcs defrance and rank i perepar why in books and which sub
16th April 2012, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

IF WE STUDY B.A HISTORY WITH 55 PERCENTAGE WE CAN APPLY FOR IAS
31st May 2012, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

how many subjects are needed for B.A HONOURS????????????
13th June 2012, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Sir i want to ips officer. I have done 2 in commerce please give me advice
18th March 2013, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

i want to complete detail for IPS.like-
periods of exams.
type of exam.
syllabus.
27th April 2013, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

my self ajay and i study in 12 class in arts stream i became an ips officer my subject is english,hindi,geography,history,political so u hlp me which subject i select for ba
27th April 2013, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

my self ajay and i study in 12 class in arts stream i became an ips officer my subject is english,hindi,geography,history,political so u hlp me which subject i select for ba
31st May 2013, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

my self shreeya n i study in 12th class wid humanities (arts) stream n i want 2 bcum an IAS officer so which course i shud do after 12th?
13th June 2013, 08:46 AM
lipusahoo141
Senior Member+

dear friend.....

Subjects to choose in BA after 12th standard with Arts stream to become an IPS officer
---------------------------------

1.Economic and social development
2.Basic numeracy
3.Indian Polity and governance
4.Current events.
5.English language comprehension skills
6.Comprehension
7.General science
8.Geography
9.Current events.
10.Economic and social development
11.Logical reasoning and analytical ability
12.General mental ability
13.General mental ability
14.Economic and social development
15.Indian Polity and governance
14th March 2014, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

i am planning to do B.arch after 2 but it is 4years degree course.can i'll be 21 after 3 years. can i apply for ips while doing b.arch?
28th April 2014, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

hlo Sir.i m in 11th standared student in non med stream i would like to become an IPS officer?
7th August 2014, 02:14 AM
Unregistered

Sir my name is ujjal N m from meghalaya , sir in 12th I don't take modern Indian language so shall I appear for upsc exam or any civil service Plz say.......
5th March 2015, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

I I'm neha ,.... want to become an IPS officer ....I will done 2 in arts stream in march 2015 ... my study subjects are philosophy, phcycology, sociology, English, gujrati, sanskrit, computer ...After 12th which subject I take in B.A ...which subject I have to choose as my main subject...which books r I need to read for IPS ...how can I prepare for upsc exams ??? ....Please reply me as soon as possible ....
11th July 2016, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
My question is that I have taken English literature, sociology, and geography subjects in ba first year will it be eligible for ips .especially English. ....
Aisha Khan
6th July 2018, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

My question is that what subjects is best for arts students in ba to become IPS officer? please give me suggestion
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?