2nd September 2011, 10:54 PM
kuljas

After 12th Arts which subjects to take to become an IPS officer?

i hve pased 12th from arts stream this year. Which subjects should i take to become ips officer

3rd September 2011, 06:14 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: After 12th Arts which subjects to take to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuljas View Post
i hve pased 12th from arts stream this year. Which subjects should i take to become ips officer

Information Regarding IPS Examination.

IPS officer job is consider as the one of the best job of India. IPS examination is also known as the civil services examination. If you are interested in the IPS officer job then to appear in the IPS examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation student are also eligible to apply for the IPS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

As per your question if you have pass 12th exam with arts stream then you need to graduation in any stream to appear in the IPS examination. So, first complete your graduation degree then you can apply for the IPS examination.

For any more information Regarding IPS examination please visit the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
3rd September 2011, 06:18 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: After 12th Arts which subjects to take to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
you can take any subject as you wish after 12th in arts stream..
the minimum qualification required for a person to appear for the civil service exams is that he should be a graduate from a recognized college of India and should be within the age limit of 21-30 years..you have a maximum of 4 attempts..so utilize them properly..

hope this helps..
3rd September 2011, 03:20 PM
sandeepsonipoly

Post Re: After 12th Arts which subjects to take to become an IPS officer?

after 12th arts u will take a soicology .political and history in
B.A. that subject help to IPS
3rd September 2011, 03:51 PM
sandeepsonipoly

U r student of 12th arts so u can choose in b.a. Art with history political and public administration for ips exam. This subject is better.
3rd September 2011, 04:13 PM
ajay s yadav

Smile Re: After 12th Arts which subjects to take to become an IPS officer?

frnd for ips ,ias a bachelor degree is required as you did your 12 with arts you better do ba or law or hotel management then after completion of your graduation you can sit in ips exam it would be good for you if you take history or civics,or anything in which you are very comfortable and go for the exam simple...
25th January 2012, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

SIR NOW I STUDYING CIVIL 3RD YEAR. AND I WANT TO TRY BECOME A IPS . SO HOW TO PREPARE THAT
25th January 2012, 04:46 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

You can take any course in your graduation, that means you can do your graduation in any stream.

Look here-->

Eligibility Criteria for IPS:

Educational qualification:
You should have completed your graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.

Age limit:
Should have crossed 21 years. But should not have crossed 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

Physical Standard:
Height – Male 165 cm

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123,
age 24 – 124,
age 25 –122,
age 28 – 124,
age 30 –125,
age 32 – 126,
age 34 – 127.

Others:
Good listening & normal ear cavity. Candidate should not stammer while speaking.

If you fulfill it, then take a look at the admission procedure:

You can apply both online and offline.

For offline application, you have to collect the form from the designated post offices.

For online application, you have to visit the official website.

You will also get other details there...like exam date, other criteria etc....

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in

*** NOTE: Right now there is no news about IPS in the official website.
13th April 2012, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

After 12th Arts which
subjects to take to become an
IPS officer? In hindi
total subjects
18th May 2012, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

iam compleated intermediate m.p.c with 67% which group i will take in degree
8th June 2012, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
i took sociology and psychology,i got 82% in 12th,i am studying in h.m.v college jalandhar.
10th June 2012, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

am the student of 12 arts and my subjects is political sci and economics ...........so which subject i have to choose in graduation
24th June 2012, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

I have just complited my 2 course in arts stream & entered in B.a ,so which subjects r gud 4 me to be an I.p.s officer bt my age is nt 21-30,so what should i do?
25th March 2013, 12:37 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Basically all Faculty candidates are eligible for IPS Entrance Examination you may you may take any stream as your choice ..

But the Only Criteria is that the candidate should Complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university without any backlogs then Only the candidate eligible to appear in IPS Entrance Examination ..

And to Become a IPS Officer you need to appear in Civil Service Entrance Examination which is Conducted Union Public Service Commission ..

IPS Entrance Examination is divided into three stages namely, Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview .,.

If your interested to appear in IPS Entrance Examination you satisfy the eligibility criteria like, Educational Qualification, Age Criteria and Physical Standards ..

Eligibility Criteria required for IPS Examination :-

Graduation or Equivalent Examination in any stream from recognized university and Pass mark is enough to apply for this Examination ..

Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination ...

21 years to 30 years is the Correct age to apply for IPS Entrance Examination for General Category candidates and relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates and obc candidates ..

If you satisfy all this Criteria than your eligible for IPS Entrance Examination ..
24th June 2013, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

what subjects for the prepartion of an ips examination
24th June 2013, 10:20 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS - Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

There is no specific subject to purse after 12th in order to be an IPS Officer, one can take any subject to complete Graduation Degree in which he/she is comfortable.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised university within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th August 2013, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

sir kya female ke liye medical stander jaruree hai
20th November 2013, 11:04 AM
madhuri bhatnager

hii i am madhuri now i am in 12th class from arts stream i have no history subject what can i do to become I.S officer after 12? which subject i take in B.A..?
25th May 2014, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

I want to become ips officer.i study a subject -history ,political and education .this subject help for me or not.
16th June 2014, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

sir mere ringht shoulder ko sahara dene waali bone crack hai to kya mai exam de sakta hoon?
11th November 2014, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir m shrikant lohar from Darjeeling CLS 9 , m ambition is to become an IPS but I have small problem , I little bit stammer so wat I have to do
2nd July 2017, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am tybcom student and my ambition IPS officer but Subject se account plz subject help for me
31st July 2019, 03:02 PM
harmanpreetbatth

Hello,
Agriculture.
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science.
Anthropology.
Botany.
Chemistry.
Civil Engineering.
Commerce and Accountancy.
Economics.
Thankyou
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?