23rd August 2011, 02:42 AM
anil10143

Am I eligible for IPS after completing 12th Arts with 53%?

sir i comleted +2 in arts stream with 53% marks i am eligible for IPS exiam if yes how , if not is there any university who allow me complete graduation in 1 or 2 years
plz rep me on my email id [email protected]

23rd August 2011, 09:01 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS after completing 12th Arts with 53%?

No you will not be eligible for IPS with the 12th score. Completing graduation is a must. Also your age should not be less than 21 years and more than 30 years. The normal duration for graduation is minimum of 3 years. Before you join for the graduation course make sure the institute is recognised.
23rd August 2011, 09:03 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

For IPS
Minimum education criteria = Graduate

They don't consider 12th marks so don't worry about 12th marks.

But you need to do graduation form recognized university and there is no graduation course of 1 or 2 years.....Minimum years required for graduation is either 3 or 4 years.

So first complete your graduation.

Age limit for civil service exam is:

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

SC/ST:
up to a maximum of 5 years.

OBC:
up to a maximum of 3 years.
23rd August 2011, 09:11 AM
Sehwag6

eligibility for ips:-

**ips stands for indian police service

**educational qualification is graduation in any stream.

**age limit is 21 to 30 years.

**so don't worry about your 12th marks.

**generally 4 attempts are allowed.

**then you apply union public service commission in every year.

all the best
23rd August 2011, 09:17 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

ips exam criteria----
minimum qualificaton ---- you have a graducate degree form a recognised university.

age --- 21 to 30 years.

there is no criteia of 12th standard, so, there is no subject to worry about it.
23rd August 2011, 11:01 AM
imv swamy

For IPS or IAS
Minimum education criteria = Graduate

But you need to do graduation form recognized university and there is no graduation course of 1 or 2 years.....Minimum years required for graduation is either 3 or 4 years.

So first complete your graduation.

Age limit for civil service exam is:

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

SC/ST:
up to a maximum of 5 years.

OBC:
up to a maximum of 3 years.

for more detalis u can refer UPSC exams home page.....
23rd August 2011, 11:22 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, IBPS is common entrance for 19th bank in India.

according to the rank of IBPS, the 19th respective bank will hire you.

so the things is that with your 53% marks in 12th Arts, you will be eligiable to write IBPS clerical exam.

but 19 bank will not give you a call although if you can get good rank in IBPS.

as all of bank minimum 55% and above marks in 12th is gave to the candidate as a criteria.

so this exam will not be benificial for you.

for more information check-www.ipbs.in.

all the best.............
23rd August 2011, 02:07 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend, you just not need to worry.. You can definitely appear in IPS exam after completion of graduation..
There is no such percentage of marks required to appear in IPS exam...

The eligibility criteria for IPS exam-

*One must have to complete the graduation in any trade.
*One should not have any due backlogs during the graduation.
*The candidates age should not be more than 30years for general..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years, and for OBC the age relaxation is 3years..

These are the criteria you just have to fulfill..
So just go for the graduation first..

All the best.
23rd August 2011, 10:48 PM
Lyk23

Talking Re: Am I eligible for IPS after completing 12th Arts with 53%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil10143 View Post
sir i comleted +2 in arts stream with 53% marks i am eligible for IPS exiam if yes how , if not is there any university who allow me complete graduation in 1 or 2 years
Hey friend,

IPS is Indian Police Service,this exam is conducted by UPSC.

It is a good opinion of you choosing to becoming a IPS officer,but as far regarding your education qualification you have done +2,you cannot apply for the IPS exam having with that qualification.

For applying for this exam you sould have done a degree from a recognzied university.

You can do your graduation in any discipline,the only thing which matters is a degree.

It is better that you continue your studies with the stream whch you studied in your +2.

Before applying for the IPS exam you must be a citizen of India and must have a age limit of 21-30 years.

If you satisfy the above criteria's then you can apply for the IPS exam.
27th August 2011, 01:26 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: Am I eligible for IPS after completing 12th Arts with 53%?

Quote:
It is a good decision of becoming a IPS officer,but you cannot take step for becoming a IPS officer as you need to write the IPS exam.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC every year and you cannot write the exam after +2 as the minimum qualification for writing the exam is a degree.

The candidates applying for the exam must have a citizenship in India and must have a age limit of 21-30 years.

There are certain age relaxations for other categories.

The candidates must have a degree from a recognized university no matter whatever discipline.

Final year degree students who are writing their final degree exam can also apply for this exam.

So,you better continue your studies and finish your degree and then apply for the IPS exam.

For more information you can get at http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd September 2011, 07:15 PM
fahran

Eligiblity Criteria -

- You Must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

- Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

- Final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

The examination was held in 2 stages, Firstly Preliminary examination and then Main examination, If you will crack the preliminary examination only then you are eligible to apply for Main examination.

The notification was published in the month of February every year in the employment newspaper OR in the UPSC Official website, Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online OR you can also obtained the application form from the designated post offices In India.

So, you have already completed your B.com Course, then definitely You are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

And If you want to get more Information about UPSC Civil services examination, then please visit the UPSC website OR read the Given Notification -

http://www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
4th September 2011, 01:27 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

No after 12 th you are not eligible for IPS exam.Only graduate persons are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candiadte have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candiadte is 3years and for SC/ST candiadte is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

The IPS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminay exam
2)Main exam
3)Interview.

All the best
19th October 2011, 07:29 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Dear,
one thing , I would to say that , percentage are not the eligibility para-mount for apply in this exam.
as you are 12th student , so, now you are not eligible for this exam, because, the minimum requirement for appear in this civil service examination is graduation from a recognized college, what ever may be the stream is...

This exam is conducted by UPSC every years,
the age limit for this exam is 21-30,.
there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxations are applicable for SC\ST & OBC (NON-CREAMY LAYER) respestively.

also you must have citizen ship of India.
this civil service examination has three stages-
1. CSAT
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW,..

thank you
~gamble~
22nd December 2011, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

hello,
this is deepak sharma my age 25 year, in coming march i am going to complete 26 year, i have completed my graduation still am i eligible for civil services exams like RAS IAS OR IPS , if am what are the criteria required for being general caste candidate, from where/ i can get information like when next exams going to be held and from where i can get application forms, what would be the procedure? plz reply My E-mail ID is Deepak [email protected]
17th February 2012, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Hey friends,
could anybody letme me know "person who has finished his/her BFA"is eligibil for IPS.
thanks
bhuvan shetty.
18th February 2012, 07:10 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

Educational and Related Criteria

To become an IPS officer you need to be a graduate from a recognized university. That’s it. This is education eligibility for Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC. Two All India Services namely IAS and IPS are part of Civil Services Examination along with about 20 Central Services which include Indian Foreign Service (IFS). Indian Forest Service (IFS) officers are not selected through this exam. UPSC didn’t ask for any percentage marks. All you need to have is a graduation degree to appear for IPS, i.e., for Civil Services Exam.

UPSC asks similar age requirement for all services that participates in yearly Civil Services Exam. The minimum age requirement is 21 and maximum is 30 for General Category aspirants. For OBC, the maximum age requirement becomes 33 and for SC/ST it becomes 35 while minimum age remains the same for all three categories.

Needless to say, you need to be an Indian Citizen to become a part of All India Services. It means to say to become an IPS officer you need to be an Indian Citizen. Migrants from certain countries with a cut-off date are allowed for Central Services, but not for IPS, IAS, and IFS (Forest).

Add to this, after the declaration of Prelims result you will be asked to fill a Detailed Application Form (DAF) where you need to mention about your choice for all services – IAS, IPS, and Central Services. Much will depend on your choice, final rank, and category to be allotted the career choice.

Physical Eligibility for IPS

Indian Police Service officers are supposed to work in a different environment. They are supposed to maintain the law and order of a vast diverse country like India which is nothing short of a challenge in some cases like in Maoists dominated areas. Hence, naturally UPSC asks for some different physical requirements from aspirants who want to become an IPS officer.

1. Height: Minimum height for men and women is fixed at 165 cm and 150 cm. The requirement of minimum height is same for General, OBC, and SC categories aspirants. However, there is some relaxation of 5 cm for both men and women in case of them belonging to ST, and some particular races like Assamese, Gorkhas, Garhwalias, etc.

2. Permitted problems in Vision: Total amount of Myopia which includes cylinder should be less than -4D, and total amount of Hypermetropia which again includes cylinder should not exceed +4D.

3. Additionally, aspirants must have high grade color vision and binocular vision.

4. Chest Girth expandable: Men - 84 cm, Women - 79 cm. [expansion: 5cm].

5. Spectacles is allowed, but UPSC doesn’t mention anything about Lasik.

6. All joints should show perfect motion.

7. One more common misconception is about the physical test. Please keep this in mind that UPSC will conduct only medical test. There will not be any physical test.
19th February 2012, 07:06 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
After passing 12th you are not eligible for I.P.S exam..
If you want to become I.P.S officer then you have to pass the graduation with any stream..
After graduation you can apply for I.A.S exam.
I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 50 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?