5th September 2012, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Can I become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation in Arts stream?

Can i become ips officer after completed my graduation by arts stream
i'm 18th yrs old and 5ft 42kg

6th September 2012, 01:09 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Can I become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation in Arts stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Friend!

Absolutely YES, you can become an IPS officier after completing Graduation degree in Arts stream. As you have mentioned that your age is 18 years. So it is to inform you that minimum age required to apply for IPS officer post is 21 years.

To become an IPS officer, have reach at this age limit then you will be eligible to apply for IPS officer post. IPS stands for Indian Police Service & to become an IPS officer you have to crack Civil Service Examination.

AGE limit to apply for IPS: candidate's age should be in between 21 to 30 years if belongs to general category. Candidate's age should be in between 21 to 33 years if from OBC category & 21 to 35 years if from ST/SC category.

This Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission). Civil Service Exam has three stages namely as CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test), Main Exam & Personal Interview.

To join as IPS officer you have to clear all these three stages. Below is the pattern of Civil Service Aptitude test which is the firt stage of this exam. To be eligible for Main exam you have to pass this stages.

Pattern of UPSC Civil Service Aptitude Test

Physical Standard required for IPS Officer

You can apply for Tjis Exam in two ways Online/Offline in online mode you can apply by using UPSc official website & offline forms will be available at head post office. Latest updates & notification regarding UPSC civil Service examination will be available at UPSC official website. So to know exam date visit UPSC official website regularly.

6th September 2012, 02:07 AM
shadab879

Default Re: Can I become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation in Arts stream?

Yes, Of course appear for IPS exam after your B.A. Youcan sit for IPS exam after your graduation.
One can becomean IPS officer by clearing civil service exam conductedby UPSC. The academic qualifications required to appear for the civil servrce exam are:

#Graduation in any stream with a minimum of 50% in aggregate from any UGC recognised university.

#One must be a citizen of India.

#One must lie between the age of 21 years to 30 years. There is 3 years of relaxation for OBC and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

The exam is divided into two phase. One is prelims and the other is mains. After you clear these round then you have to clear the interview round Once you clear the interview round then you can become as IAS/IPS/IFS officer depending on your rank.
You can get more details on the following website:
www.upsc.gov.in
Best of luck.
6th September 2012, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation in Arts stream?

sir, i got inter 97% and got 5433 rank in eamcet. And i m willing to get seat in metallurgy in Andhra university. can i join in that branch or have to go for e.c.e or e.e.e in private colleges. i mean is there any job oppoptunities for metallurgical engineers in govt. field or software field.....?

plz reply to my question soon sir, i had no tim for counslling.
7th September 2012, 06:34 PM
Astha sinhaa

Smile Re: Can I become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation in Arts stream?

Hello friend,

The answer to your quoetion is YES. After Graduation from arts stream you are applicable for IPS officer exam. IPS stands for Indian Police Service.To become an IPS officer,you should appear for civil service exam. Civil Service exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) every year once to take qualified students into different service post in government sector.

Academic Qualification :

* You must be a graduate in any of the streams from a recognized university.

Age limit: min max
General- 21yrs. 30 yrs.
obc - 21 yrs 33 yrs.
sc/st - 21 yrs. 35 yrs.

*The examination is conducted everyyear in Three different stages by the UPSC.

Preliminary exam (civil service aptitude test)
Main examination
Interview

Number of attempts :

The number of attempts can vary based on the Reservation your have i.e
- General candidates: four attempts.
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.
- Other Backward Classes: seven attempts.

Physical Fitness Is very Important for IPS Exam.

Male 165 Cm Pahari Male (General also) & ST (Not SC/OBC) - 160 Cm.
Female 150 Cm Pahari female (General also) & ST (Not SC/OBC) - 145 Cm.

*Also you must be citizen of India.

Civils is one of the most toughest examination in India, so make reading as a habit and follow newspapers/magazines, constantly be in touch with current affairs and latest happenings.
More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
ALL THE BEST
8th September 2012, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Is there any coaching classes for civil service examination
20th September 2012, 11:34 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

With this qualification level, one can apply for IPS officer post. Lower age limit to apply for IPS post is 21 years. Higher age limit is 30 years. It is essential to attempt UPSC Civil Services exam so as to apply for the same. A preliminary examination need to be qualified first. On clearing this level, main exam is conducted. Physical test and personal interview need to be also qualified.
8th November 2012, 11:16 AM
Suraj pilankar

Can i become ips officer after completed my graduation by bsc-it stream
now i'm 18th yrs old and 5.5ft 57kg
1st January 2013, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

How much marks is required in classes10& 12 to be an ips office.r.
1st January 2013, 05:04 PM
mns.mshr
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Can I become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation in Arts stream?

http://entrance-exam.net/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif ----- absolutely yes, for IPS you should be a graduate from any of the stream . it may be science, comkmerce or arts.

start prepairing for the exams , because its not very easy.

BEST OF LUCK for IPS
1st January 2013, 06:59 PM
priyadarshini patnaik

Dear Friend,
Yes,After graduation one can become an IPS officer.
IPS means Indian Police service .IPS officer is one of the prestigious job in India.Through Civil service exam conducted by Union Public service commission one can apply for IPS exam.
The aspirant must have complete the graduation degree in any dicipline in any recognized University can apply for IPS & The final year students can appear the preliminary exam conducted by the UPSC.
so,you are eligible for IPS officer.
Thank You.
6th January 2013, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply the UPSC exam to become IPS officer after only B.A. graduate? And please tell me, What is the age limit to join IPS officer service?
13th January 2013, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

can I become a IPS officer after completing my graduation by science stream
13th January 2013, 10:51 PM
gauraansh

YES you can become IPS officer after completion of graduation in arts stream.eligibility to become IPS is
Should be citizen of india.
should be 21-30 years for general,3 years relaxation for OBC,5 years relaxation of SC/ST.
should be graduate from any stream from recognised university.
13th January 2013, 11:58 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: Can I become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation in Arts stream?

Quote:
Dear Friend,
Yes,After graduation one can become an IPS officer.
IPS means Indian Police service .IPS officer is one of the prestigious job in India.Through Civil service exam conducted by Union Public service commission one can apply for IPS exam.
The aspirant must have complete the graduation degree in any dicipline in any recognized University can apply for IPS & The final year students can appear the preliminary exam conducted by the UPSC.
so,you are eligible for IPS officer.
Thank You.
14th January 2013, 12:41 AM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Lightbulb Re: Can I become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation in Arts stream?

Quote:
solutely YES, you can become an IPS officier after completing Graduation degree in Arts stream. As you have mentioned that your age is 18 years. So it is to inform you that minimum age required to apply for IPS officer post is 21 years.

To become an IPS officer, have reach at this age limit then you will be eligible to apply for IPS officer post. IPS stands for Indian Police Service & to become an IPS officer you have to crack Civil Service Examination.

AGE limit to apply for IPS: candidate's age should be in between 21 to 30 years if belongs to general category. Candidate's age should be in between 21 to 33 years if from OBC category & 21 to 35 years if from ST/SC category.

This Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission). Civil Service Exam has three stages namely as CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test), Main Exam & Personal Interview.

To join as IPS officer you have to clear all these three stages. Below is the pattern of Civil Service Aptitude test which is the firt stage of this exam. To be eligible for Main exam you have to pass this stages.

thanks

your regards
14th January 2013, 06:39 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Arts graduates can apply for the Indian Police Service. In fact anyone with graduation degree can apply for the Indian Police Service. However each candidate has to meet certain physical requirements as well.

Now I can not tell whether you will meet physical requirements or not. Firstly because you have not mentioned your gender. Secondly you have only mentioned weight and height. Apart from these 2, Chest and vision are also important.

What I can tell you is that if you are Male candidate then I am afraid you are not eligible since your height is too short. But if you are female candidate then surely you are meeting height criteria for Indian Police Service.

IPS Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. Bachelor degree in any stream.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age limit is 21 to 30 years as on August 1 of examination year.

5. Up to 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. SC/ST candidates are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

Physical Requirements

Height

Male - 165 cm (General/OBC/SC) and minimum of 160 cm (ST)

Female - 150 cm (General/OBC/SC) and 145 cm (ST)

Chest

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm

Female Min 79 cm Expansion 5 cm

Eye Sight

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye

6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye

Number of Attempts

1. General - 4

2. OBC - 7

3. SC/ST - No limit
14th January 2013, 08:35 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
To be eligible for becoming an IPS officer the candidate must posses a degree from an Indian University or an equivalent qualification. Those in the final year degree course can also appear in the Preliminary Examination taken every year by UPSC.
The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years on 1st august of the year of examination and must not have attained 30 years of age on that date.
The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/St candidates.
The upper age limit is also relaxed in favor of Defense Services Personnel.
All the best.
14th January 2013, 08:46 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: Can I become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation in Arts stream?

Quote:
YES you can become IPS officer after completion of graduation in arts stream.eligibility to become IPS is
Should be citizen of india.
should be 21-30 years for general,3 years relaxation for OBC,5 years relaxation of SC/ST.
should be graduate from any stream from recognised university
14th January 2013, 11:01 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Can I become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation in Arts stream?

Quote:
IPS - Indian Police Service - To become an IPS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IPS, must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good physical and mental fitness.

Apart from this the aspiring candidate for IPS should have maintained a minimum Physical requirement as prescribed:-

HEIGHT:- General/OBC Male - 165cm and Female-150cm while SC?ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-84cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in bot the cases.

So after completion of Graduation in Arts stream, you are eligible to apply for Civil Service exam.
good luck

thanks
15th January 2013, 02:19 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Quote:
Arts graduates can apply for the Indian Police Service. In fact anyone with graduation degree can apply for the Indian Police Service. However each candidate has to meet certain physical requirements as well.

Now I can not tell whether you will meet physical requirements or not. Firstly because you have not mentioned your gender. Secondly you have only mentioned weight and height. Apart from these 2, Chest and vision are also important.

What I can tell you is that if you are Male candidate then I am afraid you are not eligible since your height is too short. But if you are female candidate then surely you are meeting height criteria for Indian Police Service.

*IPS Eligibility*

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. Bachelor degree in any stream.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age limit is 21 to 30 years as on August 1 of examination year.

5. Up to 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. SC/ST candidates are eligible for 5 years relax
16th January 2013, 02:06 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes, Of course appear for IPS exam after your B.A. Youcan sit for IPS exam after your graduation.
One can becomean IPS officer by clearing civil service exam conductedby UPSC. The academic qualifications required to appear for the civil servrce exam are:

#Graduation in any stream with a minimum of 50% in aggregate from any UGC recognised university.

#One must be a citizen of India.

#One must lie between the age of 21 years to 30 years. There is 3 years of relaxation for OBC and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

The exam is divided into two phase. One is prelims and the other is mains. After you clear these round then you have to clear the interview round Once you clear the interview round then you can become as IAS/IPS/IFS officer depending on your rank.
You can get more details on the following website:
www.upsc.gov.in
Best of luck.
22nd January 2013, 10:25 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

How To Become IPS Officer

To join the ranks of an IPS (Indian Police Service) Officer..you need to first clear the Civil Services Exam which is conducted by the UPSC..

You must have the following minimum qualifications for appearing for the exam :-

>> candidate must have completed their graduation from a recognized University in any stream (percentage no bar)

>> candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if belonging to the general category..

>> if belonging to the OBC category then candidate must be within the age limit of 21-33 years..

>> SC/ST candidates can appear if they are in the age limit of 21-35 years

>> for PD candidates..age limit is 21-40 years..

>> general candidates have a maximum of 4 attempts..

>> for OBC candidates..maximum number of attempts are 7

>> There is no restriction on the number of attempts for SC/ST/PD candidates

I am really very sorry but your age is less than 21 years of age so right now you are not eligible for appearing for the Civil Services Exam..

You must clear the following rounds in order to get selected :-

>> Prelims (CSAT)
>> Mains
>> Interview Round
>> Medical Exam

However, you shall be appearing for the Civils later anyway so I have attached the syllabus of the Prelims and the paper pattern of the Mains..

Go through them and I hope they will guide you properly..

In case you have any queries then please visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IPS Physical Eligibility.docx(10.8 KB, 98 views)
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 78 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 87 views)
22nd January 2013, 06:23 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can become an IPS Officer sfter finishing your graduation in Arts stream.
To become an IPS Officer you have appear/clear the prestigious Civil Services Exam(CSE).
CSE is conducted by UPSC every year to make recruitments to 24 services/posts.
After clearing CSE you can get posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS,etc.

Eligibility For CSE :

Age Limit :
General Category-21-30yrs on 1st August of the year of exam
OBC-21-33yrs
SC/ST-21-35yrs

Educational Qualification :
Minimum educational qualification to appear in the CSE is,
A Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a UGC/AICTE recognised University.
Final year appeared/appearing candidates can also apply on provision.
There is no percentage criteria to apply for CSE,candidates need a Pass Class only.

Attempts :
General Category-4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST-Unlimited times

CSE is conducted in 3 stages viz.
1.Prelims/CSAT Exam
2.Mains Exam
3.Interviews

1.Prelims/CSAT Exam-CSAT stands for Civil Services Aptitude Test.It consists of 2 papers of General studies
of 200 marks each i.e.total marks for CSAT Exam is 400 marks.It is conducted to shortlist candidates for the Mains Exam of CSE.Only candidates successful in the CSAT Exams are moved to the second stage of CSE i.e.Mains exam.

2.Mains Exam-is conducted to test the indepth knowledge and intellegence of the candidates.It consists of total 9 Papers and 2000 marks is the total weightage of Mains exams.Two Optionals subjects have to be chosen at this stage and 2 Papers of each subject prepared.

3.Interviews-is the test of Personality of candidates and is of 300 marks.It is the final stage of selection for CSE.After this a Merit List is prepared based on the overall performance of the candidates and posts allotted accordingly.

For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
To apply online visit www.upsconline.nic.in

CSE 2013 Exam notification is expected on 02.02.2013 and Prelims/CSAT exam will be held on 19.05.2013.

For your refrence i have attached the exam notification of UPSC CSE 2012.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC IAS.pdf(327.3 KB, 257 views)
22nd January 2013, 06:48 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can become an IPS Officer sfter finishing your graduation in Arts stream.
To become an IPS Officer you have appear/clear the prestigious Civil Services Exam(CSE).
CSE is conducted by UPSC every year to make recruitments to
24 services/posts.
After clearing CSE you can get posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS,etc.
CSE is one of the toughest exams at the All India Level.
Start your preparations in advance and work hard.

Eligibility For CSE :

Age Limit :
General Category-21-30yrs on 1st August of the year of exam
OBC-21-33yrs
SC/ST-21-35yrs

Educational Qualification :
Minimum educational qualification to appear in the CSE is,
A Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a UGC/AICTE recognised University.
Final year appeared/appearing candidates can also apply on provision.
There is no percentage criteria to apply for CSE,candidates need a Pass Class only.

Attempts :
General Category-4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST-Unlimited times

CSE is conducted in 3 stages viz.
1.Prelims/CSAT Exam
2.Mains Exam
3.Interviews

1.Prelims/CSAT Exam-CSAT stands for Civil Services Aptitude Test.It consists of 2 papers of General studies
of 200 marks each i.e.total marks for CSAT Exam is 400 marks.It is conducted to shortlist candidates for the Mains Exam of CSE.Only candidates successful in the CSAT Exams are moved to the second stage of CSE i.e.Mains exam.

2.Mains Exam-is conducted to test the indepth knowledge and intellegence of the candidates.It consists of total 9 Papers and 2000 marks is the total weightage of Mains exams.Two Optionals subjects have to be chosen at this stage and 2 Papers of each subject prepared.

3.Interviews-is the test of Personality of candidates and is of 300 marks.It is the final stage of selection for CSE.After this a Merit List is prepared based on the overall performance of the candidates and posts allotted accordingly.

For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
To apply online visit www.upsconline.nic.in

CSE 2013 Exam notification is expected on 02.02.2013 and Prelims/CSAT exam will be held on 19.05.2013.

For your refrence i have attached the exam notification of UPSC CSE 2012.
26th January 2013, 12:30 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IPS is Indian Police Service.

Sorry to say that but you are not eligible to apply for the civil service examination because of your present age.

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts the civil service examination every year.

Through passing the civil service examination, you can become an IAS officer.

The selection procedure of the civil service examination are mentioned as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Interview.

* Medical examination.

The eligibility criteria for the civil service examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs for General, 21-33 yrs for OBC, 21-35 yrs for SC/ST and 21-40 yrs for PWD contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

* No. of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

26th January 2013, 05:25 PM
aman1257

Thumbs up Re: Can I become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation in Arts stream?

hi

Indian CivilServices Exam (IAS/IPS/IRS..)

Eligibility
*A degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.
*Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination. All such candidates who qualify to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination must produce proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the Main Examination.
The UPSC may in exceptional cases treat a candidate without the foregoing requisite qualification as an eligible candidate if he / she has passed an examination conducted by other institutions, the standard of which justifies his / her admission in the opinion of the Commission.
Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees.
Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However they must submit along with their Main Examination application, a certificate from the concerned authority of the University / Institution that they have passed the final professional medical examination. At the Interview stage they must then produce a certificate from a competent authority that they have completed (including internship) all the requirements for the award of the Medical Degree.

Other Eligibility Conditions for IAS Exams
(1) Nationality
i. Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.
ii. For other services a candidate can be either of the following:
a. a citizen of India,
b. a subject of Nepal,
c. a subject of Bhutan,
d. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
e. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, Zaire or Zambia with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Candidates belonging to either categories of b., c., d. or e., must produce an eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India. Those who belong to either of b., c., or d., categories are not eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.

(
2) Age Limit

i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:
a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
d. upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released.
e. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released:
on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from August 1 of the year of examination) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or
on invalidment.
f. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years. Such candidates will have to provide a certificate from the Ministry of Defence stating that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on a notice of 3 months, upon selection, from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
g. upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.

BEST OF LUCK
28th January 2013, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Hello
My 10 class math is not clear bt I m a post graduation in M.A-FINE ARTS so can I become IPS officer?
27th February 2013, 04:06 PM
narendra B.

Quote:
_How To Become IPS Officer
_*

To join the ranks of an *IPS (Indian Police Service)* Officer..you need to first clear the *Civil Services Exam* which is conducted by the UPSC..

You must have the following minimum qualifications for appearing for the exam :-

*>> candidate must have completed their graduation from a recognized University in any stream (percentage no bar)

>> candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if belonging to the general category..

>> if belonging to the OBC category then candidate must be within the age limit of 21-33 years..

>> SC/ST candidates can appear if they are in the age limit of 21-35 years

>> for PD candidates..age limit is 21-40 years..

>> general candidates have a maximum of 4 attempts..

>> for OBC candidates..maximum number of attempts are 7

>> There is no restriction on the number of attempts for SC/ST/PD candidates*

I am really very sorry but your age is less than 21 years of age so right now you are not eligible for appearing for the Civil Services Exam..

You must clear the following rounds in order to get selected :-

*>> Prelims (CSAT)
>> Mains
>> Interview Round
>> Medical Exam*

However, you shall be appearing for the Civils later anyway so I have attached the syllabus of the Prelims and the paper pattern of the Mains..

Go through them and I hope they will guide you properly..

In case you have any queries then please visit *http://upsc.gov.in*
27th February 2013, 04:16 PM
narendra B.

Quote:
*Dear There,

Image: http://www.deviantart.com/download/256741159/ips_wallpaper_by_pytak-d48uuqv.png

The acronym for IPS is Indian Police Service.

Sorry to say that but you are not eligible to apply for the civil service examination because of your present age.

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts the civil service examination every year.

Through passing the civil service examination, you can become an IAS officer.

_The selection procedure of the civil service examination are mentioned as below:-_

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Interview.

* Medical examination.

_The eligibility criteria for the civil service examination are prescribed as below:-_

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs for General, 21-33 yrs for OBC, 21-35 yrs for SC/ST and 21-40 yrs for PWD contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

* No. of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
27th February 2013, 08:48 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
yes friend you are eligible of giving the IPS exam being a graduate from the arts field as the only criteria for giving the civil services exam is that you should be a graduate from any recognized Indian university and your age should be in between 21-30 years in case of general category. A relaxation of 3 and 5 years is given to the obc and sc/st students respectively.
21st July 2013, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

What are the subject for IPS
21st July 2013, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

What are the subject for IPS
16th March 2014, 03:18 PM
Anjalivashist

Thumbs up Re: Can I become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation in Arts stream?

yes, IAS and IPS, the main and fi

rst requirement is the person should be graduate in any stream either it may be arts or other
18th March 2014, 09:03 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

The candidates who have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university are eligible to apply for Civil Services Exam.

It is good that you are fulfilling this criteria to reach your goal of becoming a IPS Officer.

But there is a problem with your age.

You are at the age of only 18 years. But to apply for Civil Services Exam, one should possess minimum of age of 21 years.

I don't know how you have completed your Graduation just at the age of 18 years.

However, you have 3 more years of time in order to be eligible to apply for this Exam.

The selection procedure to become IPS Officer will be
CSAT Exam
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

CSAT Exam is the common written Exam to be placed in all the civil services like
IAS
IPS
IRS
IFS etc.

Make most out of this 3 years time by having good preparation for this Exam.

Your preparation should be in such a way that you can crack the selection procedure in the first attempt itself.

Wish you all the best.
1st March 2015, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

What should be the height of a female candidate of OBC category to become an IPS officer?
13th September 2015, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my gradution nd i wanted to be a ips office to iske liye kya karna padrega
13th September 2015, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my gradution nd i wanted to be a ips office to iske liye kya karna padrega
14th September 2015, 01:34 AM
JSD.

Definitely you can go for the IPS officer with arts streams.For this you have to appear in the civil service exam which is conducted by the UPSC every year.The basic eligibility criteria for this exam is to have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university with good percentile.

Also the appearing aspirants age must lie in between 21 years to 30 years as GE category to be eligible for this course.The reserved category aspirants like Sc/St get the relaxation by 5 years and the obc category aspirants get the relaxation by 3 years.There is no limit to attempt the exam for Sc/St/PD aspirants.For Obc aspirants 7 attempts are given and for general it is 4.
14th September 2015, 06:20 PM
Rashmuu

Yes of course you can.

Civil service examination is the entrance exam which is conducted by the Upsc in the following three stages.

Preliminary.
Mains.
Interview.

After clearing all the above stages one can get the post like IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS etc.To be eligible for this exam, it is must to have a graduation in any stream but from a recognised university.

The students who wish to appear in this exam, their age must lie in between 21 year to 30 years .
7th November 2016, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Can a non Honours (General )graduated student apply for IPS Exam?
5th October 2017, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir, Can I became IPS officer after completion of graduation in arts in general subjects( Non honours)?
6th October 2017, 12:53 AM
sue kemprai

Can I became an IPS officer after completion degree in arts in general subjects without taking major?
27th March 2019, 01:02 PM
Quikri

Thumbs down Re: Can I become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation in Arts stream?

Candidates are recruited to the Indian police service through the Civil service examination conducted by UPSC.
The official Upsc notification only mentions that any candidate above the age of 21 and having a degree from a recognised Indian University can apply for the post.

So going by the above criteria,there is no specific degree needed for the Ias/IPS examination .
So you are very well eligible provided you complete 21 years of age.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?