11th November 2017, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IPS officer while having 10 years experience as an hotelier after 3 years diploma in Hospitality?

Can I become an IPS officer while having 10 years experience as an hotelier after 3 years diploma in Hospitality? Is it possible for me now to become an IPS officer or not? Can you please give me the possibilities? Awaiting to get your response. Thanks!

13th November 2017, 08:26 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IPS officer while having 10 years experience as an hotelier after 3 years diploma in Hospitality?

No, it is not possible to become an IPS officer after completion of your 3 years Diploma in Hospitality even if you have 10 years of experience as an hotelier. To be eligible to apply for an IPS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university. You should be within 21 to 32 years of age to be eligible to apply for IPS examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. Since, you have not pursued Bachelor's degree course, you are not eligible to apply for an IPS examination for becoming an IPS officer.
14th November 2017, 12:53 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I become an IPS officer while having 10 years experience as an hotelier after 3 years diploma in Hospitality?

The posts of IPS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.
14th November 2017, 04:03 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot become IPS Officer after diploma. To become IPS (Indian Police Service) Officer you need to attend civil service exam. This exam is conducted once in every year by UPSC. The full details are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have completed graduation level degree in any stream from any recognised university.
- The age limit should be between 21 - 32 years.
- There is age relaxation for reserved candidates based on the government rules.

So, you need to complete your graduation level degree in any discipline from any recognised university. You should not cross the age limit. If you fulfill the criteria then you can apply for IPS exam.
14th November 2017, 04:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in Civil Service examination. Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

It is necessary to qualify in all stages of examination for final selection.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination after diploma course or have some experience in job.

To get more information regarding the examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
14th November 2017, 10:21 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Indian Police Services examination:

Student should have done bachelor's degree in any stream. Anyone pursuing final year of bachelor's degree can apply for Civil Services examination.

The age criteria for general category candidate is 21-32 years.

Three years upper age relaxation to OBC candidate and five years to SC/ST candidates.

You must have minimum qualification of bachelor's degree then only you can apply for the examination.
14th November 2017, 11:04 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For becoming IPS Officer, you will have to apply for Civil Services Exam.

And to be eligible for Civil Services Exam, you must have completed graduation in any field.

Diploma candidates are not eligible to apply for Civil Services Exam.

So, as you have done Diploma course, you can take lateral entry to graduation course.

While in final year of your graduation, you can apply for Civil Services Exam.

There will be three stages to crack Civil Services Exam i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview
14th November 2017, 11:47 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

No the minimum requirement for giving UPSC exam is graduation or a candidate must be a bachelor degree holder.

For becoming an IPS first of all you need to clear Civil services exam which was conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The minimum education qualification required for this exam is graduation. As you completed diploma in Hospitality and you have work experience for 10 years but this is not degree itself also not equivalent to it.

So complete your graduation first and then think about this. Also check your age at the time of filling application form.
15th November 2017, 07:55 PM
Navneet patyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I become an IPS officer while having 10 years experience as an hotelier after 3 years diploma in Hospitality? Is it possible for me now to become an IPS officer or not? Can you please give me the possibilities? Awaiting to get your response. Thanks!

If you have completed your diploma then you are not eligible for the IPS exam because graduation from recognized university is required to become IPS.

IPS stands for the Indian Police Service. If you want to become an IPS officer then you need to qualify the following eligibility.
Eligibility for IPS exam.
You should have Indian citizenship proof.
You should have a graduation from recognized university. If you have completed your diploma then you are not eligible.
Your age limit should be atleast 21 years.
You should be physically and mentally fit.

The IPS exam conducted by the UPSC ( Union Public service Commission). The exam is conducted once in a year.
You need to qualify all the eligibility first.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?