24th October 2016, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

What to do after 10th to become an IPS? How many years of training is there and how long will it take to become an IPS Officer?

Tell me what to do after 10th to become a IPS officer? Which side should be taken and how many years training is there? Wthin how many years I will become an IPS officer?

31st October 2016, 01:26 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What to do after 10th to become an IPS? How many years of training is there and how long will it take to become an IPS Officer?

Right now as according to your qualification you are not eligible to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC.

It is necessary to qualify in examination in for final selection. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university and age limit is 21-32 years.

The candidates passed degree in any stream are eligible to appear for examination.

Candidates after qualifying in all stages of examination have to go through the 2 years of training before the final recruitment in job.
26th December 2017, 09:48 PM
nishanth60

Default Re: What to do after 10th to become an IPS? How many years of training is there and how long will it take to become an IPS Officer?

To apply for IPS officer exam, you have to complete your intermediate(12th standard) and graduation after your 10 th standard.
And you can start preparing for this exam from 11th standard itself and the syllabus for this exam can be downloaded from www.upsc.gov.in. And you can crack this exam without coaching also if you prepare seriously and according to the syllabus.
# Graduation or equivalent examination in any discipline from UGC approved college or university is required to apply for this examination.
# Age limit to apply for this exam is 21-32 years and the age relaxations are as per government rules and policies.
# And the selection procedure of this IPS post is preliminary exam, main exam, personal interview.
# Maximum number of attempts allowed are : 6 times for General category, 9 times for OBC candidates, no limit for SC and ST candidates.
# For further details please check www.upsc.gov.in
7th April 2019, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

My self Muhammad Zubair sir, i am the B.A degree final year student, u would like to be a IPS officer. And sir, my degree is from Indira Gandhi national open university (IGNOU) corresponding, and my final exam will complete in June/July month . Can I apply for IPS exam , so if I am eligible for this please inform e which study (coaching)centre, is suitable for me please please give me answer on this question on my email id ([email protected]) . Sir , I am working and studying . I can leave work for study IPS exam, so please guide me sir.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?