6th May 2012, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I become IAS or IPS Officer by taking arts stream after completion of 10th class?

can i become ips or ias by taking arts after 10th

7th May 2012, 01:52 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I become IAS or IPS Officer by taking arts stream after completion of 10th class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah Off course you may take arts stream after 10th standard . There is no specific stream to apply for IAS or IPS Officer. So, you may choose any stream in 11th standard in which you have interested .

-IAS stands for Indian Administration Officer
-IPS stands for Indian Police Service

This Examination is organized by UPSC for every year . If your interested to apply for this Examination then you should satisfy the eligibility Criteria ,

Nationality :- The candidate should be Citizen of India .

Educational Qualification :- The Candidate should Complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university. Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Note :- There is no Minimum percentage of marks require for Civil Service Examination .

Age Limit :- Your age should Not less then 21 years and Not more then 30 years and relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates for 5 years and obc candidates for 3 years .

Number Attempts :- General candidates for 4 times , obc candidates for 7 times and there is No Limit for sc/st candidates .

Physical Standards :- The candidate should be physically as well as medically fit for the Examination .

Syllabus for Civil Service Examination :-

So, After completing 10th standard you may choose any stream as you wish .
7th May 2012, 02:32 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become IAS or IPS Officer by taking arts stream after completion of 10th class?

Hai,

Don't worry friend if you can take science or arts you are eligible for IAS, IPS because there is no any requirements for particular stream.

IAS and IPS exams are conducted by the UPSC(UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION) once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Educational qualification:

The candidate should be complete graduation from any recognised university in any stream.

Final year graduation students may also eligible.

Nationality:

Citizen of india.

Age criteria:

21 to 30 years,

Age Relaxation:
3 years for OBC,
5years for SC/ST.

Selection procedure:
Preliminary exam,
Main exam,
Interview.

No.of attempts:

4 times for general,
7times for OBC,
No limit for SC/ST candidates.

For more details about this exams please visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
7th May 2012, 07:35 AM
climber
Senior Member+

dear friend,

You have done 10 th class,and you are looking like IPS or IAS aspirant.
then you have to complete your graduation course first with any stream.
After completion of graduation course you can apply for IAAS IPS examinations.Through IPS exam you will be able to become IPS officer.
So,after completion of 10th class you may choose any stream just go for 12th class,then go for the graduation course without wasting any time.

ELIGIBILITY FOR IAS or IPS EXAM:
educational qualification:

candidate must have complete the graduation with any stream from a recognized university.
Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam.
Nosuch percentage criteria is required.

Age limit:
cadidate age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
For SC/ST the upper relaxation is 5years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years

Nationality:
candidate should be a citizen of India.
these are the eligibility criteria you have to fullfill.So,try to complete the graduation as soon as possible with any stream and also with a good percentsge of aggregate.

It does not matter that in which stream you have done the graduation.

all the best......
7th May 2012, 10:12 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can become an IAS or IPS .you can select any stream after 10th.

IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATION SERVICE

ELIGIBLITY FOR IAS

1.The minimum qualification for IAS is that the candidate must hold a bachlor degree.
2.candidate should be indian.
3.age shold be between 21 -30 years.

IPS stands for INDIAN POLICE SERVICE

The qualification is same as in IAS.

FOR OHER UPSC EXAM

7th May 2012, 10:06 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Yes,you are applicable for IAS and IPS you take any stream.

If you want to write for IAS or IPS exam the candidate should complete graduation from a recognized university in any stream.

These exams are conducted by the UPSc once a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS AND IPS EXAM:

1.Graduate students are eligible

2.Age limit is 21 to 30 years

3.3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates

4.5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates

5.Candidate should be a citizen of india.

SELECTION PROCESS:

1.Preliminary exam

2.Main exam

3.Interview

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

1.4 times for general candidates

2.7 times for OBC candidates

3.There is no age limit for SC/ST candidates

For more information regards visit www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST....
7th May 2012, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

i had completed 12th with science stream ,& i had occurred 41% should i eligible ips exam my age is 22 yrs
14th June 2012, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

I have just passed tenth.can I go with arts and start my IPS studies right now ,for future betterment. you please refear me some names of books,and where I would get them?is it better to join classes or study from books.please reply as soon as possible? thank you.
8th September 2012, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Is there any coaching classes for civil service examination
9th September 2012, 03:50 PM
smsureshma
Member+

dear friend

Eligibility criteria:-
The candidate should be complete graduation from a
recognised university.
The candidate must be a citizen of india.
Final year candidate can also be eligible.
The age limits are 21years to 30years, 3years age relaxation
for OBC , 5years age relaxation for sc/st candidates.
Number of attempts:-
4 times for general,
7 times for OBC candidates,
No limit for sc/st candidates.
Selection process:-
Preliminary exam,
Mains exam,
Personal interview.
You can chose any stream in 10th, 12th and graduation
you are eligible for IPS exam.
For more details
www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
20th February 2013, 08:22 AM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Can I become IAS or IPS Officer by taking arts stream after completion of 10th class?

Quote:
Yes you can opt for IAS or IPS by taking arts as your stream after 10th and here follows the eligiblity criteria:
1.Candidate must hold graduation degree in any stream from recognized university
2.Age limits:
1.For general 21-30 yrs
2.For obc 21-33 yrs
3.For sc/st 21-35 yrs

It is better if you side by side start your preparation for the exam.You will b able to prepare well for it..
21st February 2013, 11:23 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I become IAS or IPS Officer by taking arts stream after completion of 10th class?

Quote:

Eligibility To Become IAS or IPS

You need to clear the UPSC Civil Service Exam in order to become an IAS or IPS Officer..

You can only appear for the Civil Services Exam if you satisfy these conditions :-

>> You must be an Indian citizen..

>> you should not be more than 30 years of age if belonging to the general category

>> 33 years and 35 years is the age limit for OBC and SC/ST candidates respectively..

>> the lower age limit for all the category candidates is 21 years..

>> Graduation as a degree is a must for all the candidates appearing for the Civil Services Exam..

>> the allocation of the maximum number of attempts for various categories is as follows :-
> General - 4
> OBC - 7
> SC/ST - No limit

Graduates of any stream are eligible to appear for the Civil Services so you are free to choose any stream you like after the completion of your 10th..it wont hinder your goals in any way..

The Civil Services are conducted in 2 stages :-

Stage -1 :- The Prelims containing 2 objective papers based on aptitude and GK..

Stage-2 :- The Mains consisting of 9 subjective papers based on your graduation subjects as well as English..

After you clear the Mains..you will be called for the final interview..

In case you want any more details or updates on the Civil Services Examination then you can visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
22nd April 2013, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

I've already appeared for my class 10 board exam and also have decided to opt for the arts stream and further go for the civik services!but just because i'm not good in maths...therefore i'm greatly confused in deciding the subjects which donot consist maths which will help me in joining the civil services!?what should i do now?
30th April 2013, 04:56 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Yes you can become IAS and IPS after taking arts as subject...

IAS and IPS exams are conducted by UPSC every year.
You need to clear the UPSC Civil Service Exam in order to become an IAS or IPS Officer.

Eligibility criteria in Details for both exams:
Educational Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.
If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

How to apply:
•Apply online by using the website
http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For complete details go to
http://www.upsc.gov.in

8th June 2013, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

hi friends, let us assume that i am an graduated arts student,, but my aim is to become a reputed IAS officer.. what should i do for that? what is the best age for me to opt for an IAS officer?????????????
28th June 2013, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Thanks very very thanks
28th June 2013, 10:59 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS/IPS(Indian Administrative Service/Indian Police Service) officer, one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted every year by UPSC after Graduation Degree.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appearfor the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The candidate aspiring for IPS should have good Physical Fitness along with required prescribed minimum Physical Fitness.

There is no specific stream to be taken after 10th to become an IAS/IPS officer, on ehas to complete Gradation in any stream of education.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th March 2014, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Can i become good ias officer by taking science stream after passing class 10?
15th March 2014, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

I am will to take up ias as my career opt .. I want to continue my spts too so are there any opts for me tht I could do both .. I cannot leave spts being a national player .... please suggest !!!
8th April 2014, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

in which i can do the gradutation after 12 if i have taken arts for the preparation of ias?
28th April 2015, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

hi ,
I want to be an IAS officer and have selected art stream as I am not good in maths . what should I do after 12th and what subjects should I select. please suggest me . thankyou.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?