6th April 2013, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Mechanical engineering by taking Arts?

Can i do my mechanical enginnering by taking arts if it could be what should be the percentage and which is the instution? By Shubham Thapa

Related Questions:
  1. Fee structure for MBA in Aligarh Muslim University?
  2. What role does the mechanical engineering degree plays in civil services examination? I prefer arts subject for the same
  3. What role does the mechanical engineering degree plays in civil services examination? I prefer arts subject for the same
  4. Can I get admission in diploma mechanical engineering after 12th Arts?
  5. Best courses in Mechanical Engineering for taking specialization in M.Tech.? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What are the diploma courses after taking B.Tech in mechanical engineering
  7. Can I become an Astronaut by taking Aerospace stream in M.Tech course being a candidate pursuing Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Is it difficult to crack civil services exam by taking Mechanical as an option?
  9. Is it difficult to crack IAS exam after taking mechanical engineering as an optional?
  10. Possibility to get admission in Diploma in Mechanical Engineering program for 12th Arts student? -- [New]
  11. Which books should I read for Mechanical engineering subjects as per IAS syllabus?
  12. How to join Indian Air Force after passing 12th with PCM? I am taking up Arts
  13. Can I appear for IES with Mechanical Engineering after completion of Aeronautical Engineering?
  14. Options available after passing 12th in Biology Stream?
  15. Difference between mechanical engineering and production engineering?
  16. Can I Change my course from B.Sc to B.Sc(Mechanical engineering) by taking admission through correspondence? I'm working in Thermal power plant and I've done B.Sc(PCM)
  17. Is AP university conducting any exam for students who have completed 12th?
  18. List of courses available after passing 12th?
7th April 2013, 01:14 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Mechanical engineering by taking Arts?

Forget about Mechanical Engineering you can not apply for any Engineering course having completed 12th standard in Arts stream. Its not just arts students but commerce students also can not apply for the Engineering course.

At this point I would say Engineering course is impossible for you to apply. In order to pursue various streams of Engineering the student is required to complete 12th standard with subjects like Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

If you have completed 12th with the subjects mentioned above, then you can apply for B.Tech course in any stream. Some popular streams are:

Aeronautical Engineering

Civil Engineering

Automobile Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Electronics and Communications

Computer Science Engineering

The candidates who have completed 12th standard with required subjects have to appear for the Engineering entrance exams. There are various entrance exams to apply such as:

IIT-JEE

BITSAT

UPSEE

ISEET

AIEEE

From this year onwards the IIT-JEE and AIEEE have been replaced with ISEET entrance exam. Below is the eligibility criteria to appear for it.

Eligibility for ISEET

1. Must have completed 12th standard.

2. Your subjects should be Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

3. Minimum of 40 percent marks in 12th standard.
16th September 2013, 07:10 PM
Arun Sharma 1313
Junior Member+

No you cannot do mechanical engineering in arts. I will suggest you to please concentrate on your studies. If you are willing to do mechanical engineering you can redo xi & xii class but it would be a time waste
8th May 2015, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

12TH STUFENT ARTS STREED STUDDENT MACNICAL ENGINRING HAVE APPLY YES OR NO
9th January 2020, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

then if I'm art student and I want to study engineer what should I need to do
14th March 2020, 07:39 AM
Unregistered

Polytechnic trades list for 12th arts students
16th September 2020, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to do mechanical diploma after 12th arts is it possible
12th February 2022, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Which date will jamb registration end
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?