27th June 2017, 09:02 PM
Hemavati.K.Chavan

Can I drop engineering 1st year and join teaching profession?

I am currently pursuing my engineering in one of the top colleges of Karnataka. But now I don't have any interest in continuing it as I always dreamt of being teacher but my father considered it unfit for me, hence I had to chose engineering out of no other choice. But, now after completion of my 1st year, I failed in 3 subjects, which has made me go depressed alot because this is the first time I have ever failed in any subject in my life. I am totally broken inside and dont have courage to face it anymore. I am thinking to quit engineering now and join teaching profession.

So, my question is can I drop my engineering course now and join teaching profession? If yes, then what are the required criteria for me to do so?

PLEASE REPLY TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT FOR ME AS IT CAN BE THE TURNING POINT OF MY LIFE

Related Questions:
29th June 2017, 02:06 AM
ranu shahi

Default Re: Can I drop engineering 1st year and join teaching profession?

Yes, you can drop your engineering. But to become a teacher you have to complete your under-graduation then have to do B.Ed, after you are eligible for becoming a teacher.

Eligibility criteria for becoming a teacher:-
Candidate must be graduate with at least 50 percent aggregate.
Candidate's graduation degree must be from any recognized university.
Candidate must have done B.Ed.
Candidate's age must be above 21 years.

To become a government teacher, you have to face some entrance examination which will be conducted by any educational body or by government.

Few entrance examinations are:-
TET
STET
CTET.

Best of Luck.
30th June 2017, 01:53 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become teacher in government school candidates have to appear and qualify in CTET examination.

CTET examination is conducted twice in a year. The minimum qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed 12th and have diploma in education certificate.

So, you have to pursue diploma in education course to appear in examination. To get detail information about examination visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
30th June 2017, 04:07 PM
Aafreen Kausher

Yes, you can drop engineering in between and can go to teaching line.
For this you have to complete your bachelor's degree.
After completion of bachelor's degree you have to complete your B.Ed course with any specific subject.
Then after gaining teaching experience under non-academic session you can apply in any school/college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?