5th February 2018, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study BE or B.Tech electrical after diploma in mechanical engineering?

Sir, I am doing diploma engineering with mechanical engineering, but I want to do BE or B.Tech with electrical. Is this is possible? Yes or no? Please tell me.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  2. Mechanical or Electrical, which is better to study in BTech for 12th Science student?
  3. Can I study B.Tech(Electrical & Electronics Engineering) being a Diploma Electrical Engineer?
  4. Best trade among Electrical, Mechanical and Mining to study in Engineering Diploma course?
  5. What should I choose between Diploma in Electrical and B.E in Mechanical being an experienced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering candidate?
  6. Possibility to study BTech Electrical for Polytechnic Electronics holder?
  7. Eligibility to study BTech(Marine Engineering) for Diploma Mechanical holder?
  8. Is it possible to study BE or B.Tech electrical after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  9. Among Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering what should I study in Diploma?
  10. Possibility to study BTech Electrical through LEET for ECE Diploma holder?
  11. Job oriented courses available to study for Diploma Mechanical student except BTech?
  12. Mechanical or Civil, which is better to study in BTech after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Electrical or ECE, which is better to study in BTech?
  14. Mechanical or Electrical Diploma, which one has better scope?
  15. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can we do something for career after 10th?
  17. How can I get admission to study BTech being a Diploma Mechanical holder?
  18. Am I eligible to study Electrical Engineering Diploma course being an employee and a certificate holder in Electrical?
5th February 2018, 10:18 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible to study BE or B.Tech electrical after diploma in mechanical engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to study B.E/B.Tech electrical degree course after having diploma in mechanical engineering because to apply for Bachelor of Engineering/Technology degree course minimum qualification required to apply is 10+2 or equivalent qualification (that is diploma course) from government recognized board. After having diploma course you can apply for bachelors degree course through lateral entry by which you will get direct admission in second year of degree course. Duration of B.E/B.Tech degree course after having diploma is 3 years which are divided into 6 semesters.
5th February 2018, 10:42 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study BE or B.Tech electrical after diploma in mechanical engineering?

Yes, it is possible to study B.E/B.Tech in electrical engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering. You should have completed your 3 years diploma with minimum 50% to 55% marks from a recognized institute. After completion of the course, you can get admission directly in the second year of degree course through lateral entry. You have to appear for lateral entry examination conducted by the respective college in which you want to get admission. After qualifying the examination, you can get admission for 2nd year B.E/B.Tech course in electrical engineering.
6th February 2018, 12:48 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am doing diploma engineering with mechanical engineering, but I want to do BE or B.Tech with electrical. Is this is possible? Yes or no? Please tell me.
Yes, you are eligible to apply for B.E or B.Tech in Electrical Engineering after completing Diploma in a Mechanical engineering course. Those who completed their three-year Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical from a recognized Polytechnic or its equivalent are eligible to apply. Being Diploma student you can join in in B.Tech or B.E course through lateral entry. It means you can directly join in 2nd B.Tech course. For that, you need to appear and qualify in the Lateral entry entrance exam conducted by the respective university.
6th February 2018, 12:31 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot opt for the B.Tech/B.E degree course in Electrical Engineering after the completion of Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering.
Since, you have done your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you can opt for B.E/ B.Tech degree course in the same.
Candidates those who have completed their Diploma course in the relevant field from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the B.Tech or B.E degree course in the same through lateral entry process.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?