9th December 2015, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Will diploma in civil engineering equivalent to graduation?

I done my Diploma in Civil Engineering (3 years course) after completion of 10 Inter 12, will it be Equivalent to graduation i.e. B.Tech/B.E Course.

Related Questions:
  1. Is Surveying engineering equivalent to graduation in civil engineering?
  2. Is it good to take admission in AMIE after Diploma completion?
  3. Is Diploma course equivalent to Graduation?
  4. Correspondence courses from Abroad equivalent to Architecture for Civil engineer with 21 years work experience?
  5. Is diploma course alone sufficient to get the jobs in Civil background?
  6. Why a person without graduation can't apply for any Civil Service Exams?
  7. Diploma in civil engineering from Technical Education Kerala is equivalent to AMIE Diploma?
  8. Is diploma in computer science and engineering considered as graduation equivalent in government sector?
  9. Can I do graduation in B.Arch after completion of diploma course in civil engineering?
  10. Can i do diploma in Civil engineering from IGNOU after B.Com and working in P.W.D?
  11. Is Diploma in textile engineering equivalent to Graduation? Can I do MBA after diploma?
  12. Am I eligible to study Fashion Technology in Graduation if completed Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  13. Is it necessary to complete higher secondary schooling after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  14. Which colleges I can get admission to study 12th externally after 10th standard?
  15. Any course or diploma which is equivalent to graduation?
  16. Is the form of Jharkhand Polytechnic available in Market now? Last date of submission of form?
  17. Colleges for distance B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Civil Engineering? Procedure to apply for admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Is doing diploma in electronics and communication engineering is equivalent to intermediate board of education?
10th December 2015, 08:13 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will diploma in civil engineering equivalent to graduation?

No, three years Diploma in Civil Engineering is not equivalent to Graduation. Graduation is the next higher level of education that you can pursue after completion of your Diploma course. Candidates who have completed three years Diploma in Engineering course can get direct admission in second year of B.E/B.Tech Graduation course. So, to obtain Graduation degree, you must have to pursue your higher studies after completion of your Diploma course.
10th December 2015, 11:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I done my Diploma in Civil Engineering (3 years course) after completion of 10 Inter 12, will it be Equivalent to graduation i.e. B.Tech/B.E Course.
No, diploma in Civil engineering course isn't equivalent to graduation degree.

Yes, graduation degree is equivalent to B.Tech/B.E degree.

B.Tech/B.E are based on technical section and graduation course are based on science, arts and commerce section.
10th December 2015, 04:01 PM
ant man

Sorry to tell you that diploma is not equivalent to b.tech/b.e.

B.Tech/B.E. is a graduation course and diploma course is equivalent to 12th.

After completing diploma in civil engineering you can take admission in 2nd year of b.tech civil engineering.

For that you must pass the entrance exam of lateral entry.

The syllabus will have from the subjects of
1. Maths
2. Physics
3.Chemistry
10th December 2015, 05:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no such rule that your diploma in engineering will become equivalent to graduation. There are many people who have done diploma after ITI through lateral entry and also after class 10th.

If there was such rule then nobody will be interested in doing B.Tech after diploma engineering. Hence, if you want to become a graduate then you have to get admission in B.Tech through lateral entry exam.
10th December 2015, 11:54 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, Diploma is not equal to graduation. The diploma course syllabus and eligibility will be different from graduation course.
The diploma course eligibility is 10th standard but the engineering eligibility is 10+2. The duration of diploma is 3 years and duration of engineering is 4 years. So diploma is not equal to graduation.
31st December 2015, 11:40 PM
monikasiri

No,Diploma is not considered as equivalent to graduation like B.E/B.Tech.Diploma is equivalent to 12th standard and sometimes more but not considered as a graduation.For jobs in both private and government sector which have 12th standard as eligibility can be applied by diploma students.If you want to join or apply in any job with qualification of graduation,then you should complete your Engineering or Degree.
4th January 2016, 02:43 PM
Lonely♡

No. Diploma is not equivalent to graduation.
For graduation you can join B.Tech after completion of diploma.

After diploma you can get admission for B.Tech 2nd year by lateral entry.
6th April 2016, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

I have done diploma in civil engineering. Can i apply 12th level government jobs?
7th January 2019, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

I have done my 3 years DAE in mechanical engineering but now I want to do undergraduation program in IT.
So my questions is how can I equalize my DAE into intermediate from hec?
And secondly can I go for IT program?
20th August 2019, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir I completely for transportation engineering so my question is have eqvalant certificate for diploma civil engineering base to civil engineering eqvalant certificate
23rd August 2019, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

I have done post graduation in MBA,is my degree considered as equivalent to B.E. and do I apply for the post for B.E.
7th September 2020, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have done graduate in diploma civil engineering . I think consider to be graduation. Pls reply,
1st March 2021, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

Is 3 years diploma in civil engineering is equalivent to intermediate ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?