28th August 2011, 07:00 PM
arjit kalra

Can I get placement in any top construction company like L&T, HCC after scoring 70% in B.E Civil Engineering, 77% in 10th and 58.4% in 12th? Should I go for M.Tech or MBA?

i have got 70% in B.E. civil engineering 77% in 10th and 58.4%in 12th can i get placement in any top construction company like L&T,HCCetc.or should i go for M.tech.or MBA?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get placement in any top construction company like L&T, HCC after scoring 70% in B.E Civil Engineering, 77% in 10th and 58.4% in 12th? Should I go for M.Tech or MBA?
  2. Can I get placement after securing 58.4% in 12th, 77% in 10th and 70% in B.E Civil Engineering? Should I go for M.Tech or MBA?
  3. How to get placement in top construction company?
  4. How to get a job in construction company after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering
  5. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  6. M.Tech in Construction Management or MBA in Construction Management, which one is better?
  7. What is the best thing to do after Civil Engineering? MBA, M.E., M.Tech or UPSC Civils?
  8. Procedure to get internship in top consturction companies in Andhra Pradesh being in 3rd year of Civil engineering?
  9. MBA in Construction after civil engineering, is it benifitial ?
  10. Is this possible for me to complete Diploma in Civil Engineering being a candidate having completed 12th class with science stream in 2004 and working with a Construction Company? List of Colleges offering this course? Procedure to get admission?
  11. How to do Construction Management through distance? Is there any scope to enter in Architectural Line after B.Tech in civil engineering
  12. What is the procedure to do summer internship from HCC?
  13. Can I apply for placement in any company after scoring 58% in 10th, 59% in 12th
  14. After Civil Engineering is it better to continue to higher studies or jobs should be preferred? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is better after civil engineering between MBA and M.Tech?
  16. How to do full time MBA in Construction Management after completing B.Tech in Civil Engineering
  17. What is the scope in doing MBA after completing B.E civil course?
  18. How can a Civil Engineering student get construction training in L&T company? -- [New]
12th October 2011, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get placement in any top construction company like L&T, HCC after scoring 70% in B.E Civil Engineering, 77% in 10th and 58.4% in 12th? Should I go for M.Tech or MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjit kalra View Post
i have got 70% in B.E. civil engineering 77% in 10th and 58.4%in 12th can i get placement in any top construction company like L&T,HCCetc.or should i go for M.tech.or MBA?
Dear Arjit,

U can easily get an job with any of the top companies provided they come to your campus for an interview, generally companies dont take freshers apart from campus selections. I suggest u make a student placement forum and try to call the companies of your choice to conduct placement interviews.

As far as L&T is concerned apart from campus selection, they conduct an exam called BIS (Build India Scholarship), for fresh graduates in the month of dec every year. U can apply for that as well.....
20th October 2011, 08:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get placement in any top construction company like L&T, HCC after scoring 70% in B.E Civil Engineering, 77% in 10th and 58.4% in 12th? Should I go for M.Tech or MBA?

Quote:
Dear friend,

Maximum construction company set their criteria is given below.

CONSTRUCTION COMPANY CRITERIA:

1)Candidate must be score at least 60% in through out career.
2)Pending Backlog are not allowed.
3)Maximum 1 year gap are allowed.

The Selection process for CONSTRUCTION COMPANY:

1)Aptitude Test.
2)Technical Test
3)Personal Interview.

Your 12th marks is not above 60% so you are not eligible for maximum CONSTRUCTION COMPANY company.

Better option for you to go for higher study.

M-TECH is better option for you because you have to completed B-TECH degree.Because these two field are related to each other.

This decision is only for to MBA or M-TECH degree.

Thanks
21st October 2011, 12:36 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I get placement in any top construction company like L&T, HCC after scoring 70% in B.E Civil Engineering, 77% in 10th and 58.4% in 12th? Should I go for M.Tech or MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Arjit,

U can easily get an job with any of the top companies provided they come to your campus for an interview, generally companies dont take freshers apart from campus selections. I suggest u make a student placement forum and try to call the companies of your choice to conduct placement interviews.

As far as L&T is concerned apart from campus selection, they conduct an exam called BIS (Build India Scholarship), for fresh graduates in the month of dec every year. U can apply for that as well.....
Can I get placement in any top construction company like L&T, HCC after scoring 70% in B.E Civil Engineering, 77% in 10th and 58.4% in 12th? Should I go for M.Tech or MBA?

Common Eligibility Criteria for Top Construction Companies

• The Candidate must have got at least 60% in his/her overall educational life .
  • Any backlogs at the time of interview are not allowed
  • A gap of more than 2 years are not allowed

Since you have failed to get more than 60% in class 12th, you are not eligible for best companies so i will suggest you to go for higher studies according to your choice but for your kind information , i want to inform you that most of the B.Tech students prefer M.Tech rather than MBA .

With Regards
ravik1214
21st October 2011, 05:08 AM
ravichanchal

can i placed in any company by scoring a 55 percentage in b.tech electronics engg.,score 59.6 in 10Th and 70 in 12th.
21st November 2011, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

which is the best company for a B.E civil engineering graduate (fresher) in India?
6th January 2012, 11:45 AM
adarshkrish

Quote:
yes, you can get placed in the top construction companies, because core companies do not look much into the 10th and 12th percentage.
6th January 2012, 02:03 PM
surekha_katreddy

Quote:
Many of the companies look forward to see a consistency in your academic profile so they fix a minimum % percentage requirement at all levels of your education i.e 10th,10+2 and graduation so you may not have chance to get placed in top companies.But there are some small companies which do not impose such kind of rules.So better go with them or go for higher education like M.tech or mba.Which one to choose purely depends upon your interest and both have a good scope in future.

Good luck
6th January 2012, 02:46 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Hi Arjit,

you have got good score in 10 and B.E but you have less score in your 12th,
this may show a little effect but

i say you can get placement in any top construction company,
though they ask for 60% through out they will consider some cases as yours.

you attend the placements and clear your written test.
only at the time of interview they will check your CV,
at that time if they were happy with your answers then they will not see at your 12th class marks.

so prepare well for interview questions and answer the questions in such a way that they should feel that they should not loose a candidate like you only because of less marks in 12th.

and coming to MBA or M.Tech, that depends on your interest levels,
if you are interested to go for higher studies then go for it.
but give preference in getting a job.

All the best
6th January 2012, 02:55 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which is the best company for a B.E civil engineering graduate (fresher) in India?
below i am giving top construction companies in india:
  • Larsen & Turbo
  • DLF
  • Tata Projects
  • Hindustan Constructions
  • Gammon India
  • Nagarjuna Constructions
  • Shoba Developers Ltd
  • UniTech
  • Shapoorji pallonji & co
6th January 2012, 06:01 PM
prabhu.a8

Top Construction Companies in India
* Larsen & Toubro:
* DLF:
* Tata Projects:
* Gammon India:
* Hindustan Construction Company:
* Sobha Developers Ltd
* Shapoorji Pallonji & Co
* Unitech
* Nagarjuna Construction Company
* Punj Lloyd
The freshers are mostly selected in the campus interview only. their is any gap more than one year after completion of you course is not consider. All the best
17th January 2012, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

plzz tell me about the scope of mba in construction as i hav complete my btec in civil...
31st March 2012, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

can i get kmc constructions placement paper....written test sample paper
13th September 2012, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

My average percentage is 50 in diploma civil. Can get job in any company
24th June 2013, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Between 12 and btech 1st year ,there is 2year gap.is there any problem at placement time.
20th July 2013, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

Can i get placement in top construction company if i have one running backlog & average aggregate pointer is 6.5
27th October 2013, 04:39 AM
Unregistered

i am in civi 2nd year of b.tech......and now i know that maximum companies critaria is 60% in intermediate and high school.
my percentage in high school is 55.5 and in 12th 57.8 %
i am very sad.....so what i do????????
please reply me and give me knowledge for company's eligibility.......please
17th June 2014, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Can I got job in nagarjuna construction company after getting a score of 71%in b tech, 59.5% in inter, 67.3 in ssc
26th June 2014, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

i ve 70% in BE,60% in PUC ,82% in SSLC so what shall i do next whether i go for job or Mtech.i m girl so i m fully confused what shall i do next please guide me
18th July 2014, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

In our college core companies for civil department are coming for placement recruitment rarely.... what shall ido?
24th August 2014, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

hiii sir pls tell me can I go to l& t and HCC y any other companies my % in 10 standard is 90% 12 standard 68 % and in be civil engineering i got 81 % from aisect university bhopal please tell me can i got a job on reputed company ...,....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?