15th January 2016, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Can I give GRE exam to get a better job than doing a government job?

Sir/Mam,

I am government employee, earning a healthy package, if I should do GRE, if gre better than earning 50k+ in government job, what's future after it? Can you provide me your suggestion for the same? What would be best for me to do next now?

Related Questions:
15th January 2016, 02:19 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I give GRE exam to get a better job than doing a government job?

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.
It is conducted for admission in most graduate schools in USA.
As mentioned in your post that you are a government employee and earning healthy income , so, you must be graduate then you should go for preparation of GMAT instead of GRE which will help you to earn Master degree in Business or simply MBA from top universities all around the world and there you can also chose dual degree including Master and P.hd which will much better from my point of view.

GMAT stands for Graduate Management Admission Test.
On the basis of GMAT score, 2100 universities offers more than 5900 courses.
It is conducted multiple times a year and GMAT for 2016 will be held on 20th January.
The validity of GMAT score is 5years and so of GRE.
15th January 2016, 03:04 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give GRE exam to get a better job than doing a government job?

Eligibility criteria to appear in GRE exam:

You need valid passport of any country and must have completed ungraduate degree from any recognised university with at least 50% marks.

The GRE Test Scores are valid for five years and most universities accepts scores upto five years.

Test Pattern:

Analytical Writing
Argument test to be answered in 30 minutes.

Verbal :
30 Questions to be answered in 30 minutes
15th January 2016, 04:34 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Can I give GRE exam to get a better job than doing a government job?

GRE is the entrance examination for the masters in abroad and according to the scores in GRE only you will be getting the universities based on it

According to me it is better to take up your Government job only rather then going for the maters through the GRE as the government jobs will give many facilities and also there will be complete security for your job and there will be no feel of losing the job as it is complete secured job

After taking up GRE also you will be getting the job with good salary but there will be no security for the job whether it will be lost or not,by doing GRE you will get good hike in salary and good abroad opportunities but your job will not be secure.

As you are earning 50K per month my suggestion is to continue in your government sector job as there will be security and also high facilities like medical,etc and your salary will also get increased,in this competitive world it is tough to attain the government job,as you have succeded in it do not leave this opportunity
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?