3rd December 2011, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Can I give UPSC exam after passing 12th board exam? I am in 12th commerce

I m in 12 commerce student can i give UPSC exam after 12 board exam

4th December 2011, 09:24 AM
avinashkiitian
Banned

Default Re: Can I give UPSC exam after passing 12th board exam? I am in 12th commerce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Information Regarding UPSC Examination.

The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts many examination like IAS, IPS, IFS, IES, NDA, CDS....and many other. This examination is conducted in every year by the UPSC. The eligibility criteria for all UPSC examination is not same. Here i give you the details information about the UPSC examination.

For IAS, IPS & CDS examination you need a graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation student are also eligible for the above exam.

For NDA examination you need pass 12th class in any stream but for Indian Navy and Air Force wing of NDA you need pass 12th with science stream. The commerce and Arts stream candidates are eligible only for the Army wing of NDA. The 12th Board exam appearing student are also eligible to apply for the NDA examination.

For IES examination you need a bachelor degree in engineering in any one of the given branch : Electronics & Communication, Electrical, Civil, Mechanical. The computer science and Information technology branch are not eligible to apply for the IES examination.

As per your question if you are doing 12th class then you are eligible only for the NDA examination. You can appear in the NDA examination in the appearing of 12th board exam. The details information about the UPSC examination is available on the UPSC website. So, for more information please visit the UPSC website :- http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th December 2011, 12:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give UPSC exam after passing 12th board exam? I am in 12th commerce

Quote:

UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION

UPSC conduct so many exams in a year like IAS , IPS , IES ,SCRA , NDA and many more.

You are now in 12th standard in commerce department so you are eligible only for UPSC (NDA) Exam.

NDA eligibility criteria is just passed 12 standard.Also Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

Others UPSC exams criteria is given below .Please Check out this.

DETAILS ABOUT CIVIL SERVICE EXAM

Civil service exam exam conducted by UPSC.There is no marks criteria.Only graduate are applicable for you.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 27 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 30 years
For SC/ST category candidates age should be between 21 to 35 years.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates

The official Website for UPSC exam is www.upsc.gov in.For more details you can visit here.
21st January 2012, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

i got compart in maths subject,but i clear the compartment exam.can i appear in scra exam
25th February 2012, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

Explain me the questn formats for Nda exams . . I am in cmrc stream
12th March 2012, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

I am now B.E. First year can i give the exam for B.D.O. if Yes then tell me which exam is appeared for B.D.O.
16th December 2012, 07:56 AM
Unregistered

I am in now 2nd year B.S.C (Computer Science),I have finished my 12th with physics,maths & biology..Please let me know that I am elegible for upsc-cds exam.
21st December 2012, 06:27 AM
Unregistered

I m a female BOD 26/08/76. MTech. i m desirous for clearing IAS exams. can i?
:oops:
it seems tht i m age bar o appear for it. can i appear any UPSC exam?
10th January 2013, 10:53 PM
thriller.singh

Thumbs up Re: Can I give UPSC exam after passing 12th board exam? I am in 12th commerce

Quote:
upsc conducts many examination and each of them have different eligibility criteria. as per your current qualification you are eligible for NDA examination which is conducted for all three wings of defence forces of India and OTA(officers training academy). since you are 12th pass with commerce you'll be eligible for ARMY and OTA. as navy and air force require 12th with physics and mathematics.

the age limit for this exam is 16.5 to 19 years.

this exam is conducted twice every year.

you should log in to www.upsc.gov.in to look for latest notifications.

best of luck.
14th January 2013, 12:54 PM
educationindia
Senior Member+

Hi Friends.............

YES you are eligible for some of UPSC exams as a 12th standard student................

ALL THE BEST...........
14th January 2013, 10:07 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can give UPSC NDA exam after 12th Commerce.

UPSC - Union Public Service Commission conducts NDA(National Defence Academy) exam twice every year for an entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible Commerce stream candidate aspiring for NDA, must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

You can give other UPSC exam like CDS(Combined Defence Service) to join Indian Army and Officer's Training Academy(OTA) and Civil Service Exam to become an IAS/IPS/IRS/IFS etc. after completion of Graduation Degree.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th January 2013, 08:25 AM
nikhinaya

UPSC conducts many examination and each of them have different eligibility criteria. as per your current qualification you are eligible for NDA examination which is conducted for all three wings of defence forces of India and OTA(officers training academy). since you are 12th pass with commerce you'll be eligible for ARMY and OTA. as navy and air force require 12th with physics and mathematics.
the age limit for this exam is 16.5 to 19 years.
this exam is conducted twice every year.
The eligible Commerce stream candidate aspiring for NDA, must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

You can give other UPSC exam like CDS(Combined Defence Service) to join Indian Army and Officer's Training Academy(OTA) and Civil Service Exam to become an IAS/IPS/IRS/IFS etc. after completion of Graduation Degree.
23rd May 2013, 08:42 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Hello,

You must be graduate to apply for CIVIL SERVICE EXAMS.

You can not apply after 12th class.

24th May 2013, 07:56 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You have to be more specific when talking about the UPSC Exam. There are various entrance exams conducted by the Union Public Service Commission like Civil Services Examination, Indian Engineering Service etc.

I assume you are talking about Civil Services Examination to perhaps become either Indian Police Service officer or the Indian Administrative Service officer.

In both the cases you will have to clear graduation to apply for the Civil Services Examination. I am afraid it isn't possible to appear for the Civil Services Examination, just after completing 12th. The minimum qualification required is graduation.

Therefore you should first complete 12th and then take admission for graduation. It is in your hands to choose the course for graduation. Being commerce student, Bachelor of Commerce is one of the natural recommendations.

Eligibility

1. Civil Services Exam are open for Indian citizens.

2. Bachelor's degree in any discipline is accepted.

3. There is no criteria for minimum marks required to be secured in graduation.

4. Age limit is 21 to 30 years for general candidates.

5. Only the upper age limit is relaxed by 3 years for OBC.

6. SC/ST also get relaxation of 5 years only in upper age limit.

Selection Procedure

1. Preliminary Exam: May/June

2. Main Exam: August/September

3. Personal Interview
24th May 2013, 02:26 PM
Danger31

No... you aren't eligible. As UPSC requires a graduate student from any recognized University. So, firstly do some graduation in any stream and then you can apply.

All The Best.
5th September 2013, 06:44 AM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend yes you are eligible to apply UPSC NDA exam after passing 12th board exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

NDA exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice time in a year for three wings.

- Army wings

- Navy wings

- Air force Wings

Eligibility criteria for NDA Examination :-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate must have completed 10+2 exam of a recognized School or Board and studying in the final year of 12th examination may also eligible to apply for Army wings.

For Navy / Air force wings:-

Candidate must have completed 10+2 with PCM subjects from a recognized board.

There is no minimum marks required for NDA Examination .

Age limit:-

Age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

There is No age relaxation for reserved categories in this exam.

Only unmarried Male candidate are eligible to apply this exam.

All the best.......
20th April 2017, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for UPSC Examination after 12th std.? I am a 12th General science student?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?