30th November 2015, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Scope of BA in UPSC exam after passing 12th?

I have passed 12th class and want to crack UPSC exam so if I choose BA (private) , how will it affect in UPSC exam mainly in interview please guide me?

30th November 2015, 11:05 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of BA in UPSC exam after passing 12th?

I would like to suggest you that , this is your correct decision to crack UPSC exam but you must go for regular degree.
But, if you are not able to pursue regular course then go for private but make sure to score good in final mark sheet.

More over, only your Marks and aptitude would work there not your private degree or regular degree.
30th November 2015, 11:23 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed 12th class and want to crack UPSC exam so if I choose BA (private) , how will it affect in UPSC exam mainly in interview please guide me?
UPSC - Union Public Service Commission

This is a all India public service commission exam and is held for recruiting candidates for various posts such as civil services, defence services, geologist, railways and many other posts.

There will be no problem if you choose to study BA course to apply for the UPSC exams, but the only thing is you can apply for the UPSC exams only after you complete the course or at the time of final year exams. Even after completing +2 you can apply for UPSC exams for entrance exams such as NDA for joining in defence and SCRA to join in railways.

The eligibility needed for the exams are:

For NDA, the candidate need to have a citizenship in India and must be a unmarried male candidate. The age limit needed is 16 1/2- 19 1/2 years. Regarding the educational qualification, candidate need to have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education. The most important criteria is candidate need to be physically fit.

For SCRA, candidate should have citizenship in India. The age limit needed is 17-21 years in the case of general category candidate. There are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 5 years extra and for OBC it is 3 years extra. Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed +2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics as subject.

If you satisfy all the criteria's for the respected exam then you can apply.

To know more information regarding UPSC check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th November 2015, 11:57 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes BA is one of the best course among the top courses available in graduation courses. BA is definitely good stream which will be absolutely nice one to apply for various exam conducted by UPSC.

Mainly UPSC Civil's, you will have various knowledge on general knowledge. But you need to improve some maths basics. Since there is one paper in prelims.

If you get qualified in that then it will be very easy to crack main's being a BA student.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?