21st December 2011, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I join in IIT after passing commerce?

i am in commerce , with commerce can i able to join in IIT IS IT POSSIBAL

3rd July 2012, 06:27 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I join in IIT after passing commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am in commerce , with commerce can i able to join in IIT IS IT POSSIBAL
Hi

IIT stands for the Indian Institutes of Technology.

Just as the name itself suggests that it is related to technology, so there is always Technical students only who can apply for the IIT.

They are the top most Entrance Exam in the country and so there are a lot of Engineering Aspirants who apply every year for this.
However the attempt provided to one student is limited and only 2.

The Basic Eligibility Criteria to take up Engineering in any of the IIT's is that you should be a minimum 12h pass from a recognized school or any other state board in India with over 60% aggregate in it.
Also you must have studied PCM as the 3 compulsory subjects!

Since you are from the Commerce Background, You have not studied these and hence do not fulfill the criteria's.
So for you, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO JOIN IIT !

You can try other B.Com, BCA, BBM, BBA courses.
Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
3rd July 2012, 06:35 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join in IIT after passing commerce?

I am extremely sorry to say but only science students are eligible to give the IIT JEE Exam.

You need to have science subjects to sit for this exam.

The basic eligibility criteria is that you should have minimum 60% marks in aggregate at 10+2 level and your age should be between 18-25 years.

You can give the exam for two times back to back. In between you cannot take a year gap.

Thus it is advisable to think about commerce related courses now. As there are lots of professional courses you can do now and job opportunities of all these courses are quite good.
3rd July 2012, 06:57 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
IIT stands indian insitute of technology which is applicable for technical student.

IIT-JEE EXAM ELIGIBLITY;
>>The applicant should be pass on 10th and 12th in recognized school
>>The applicant who have passed 3rd or 4th year diploma from recognized by aicte of state board of technical education can appear in this examination.
>>The applicant who have qualify the screen test of the JEE exam are eligible to appear in the main examination.
>>The applicant age should between 17 to 25 yrs.
>>The sc/st/pd applicant age relaxation is 5yrs
For more,
[URL="http://jee.iitm.ac.in/eligibility.php"]http://jee.iitm.ac.in/eligibility.php[/URL
3rd July 2012, 07:10 PM
AKHIL KINGDOM

NO!You can't join in IIT with commerce background because that institute is related to only technology background for which you must have the knowledge and memos about the subjects maths,physics and chemistry which you don't have.Therefore my suggestion is you take courses related to your field and focus on that only definitely you will be success.

GOOD LUCK

THANKYOU
3rd July 2012, 07:50 PM
Kunal.suri11

Unhappy Re: Can I join in IIT after passing commerce?

No, its not at all possible.
This is because according to the latest iit jee exam 2012 it was an essential of 60% marks required in the qualifying exam which must contain PCM(physics chemistry maths)as subjects .
3rd July 2012, 10:12 PM
drjeet
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you are not eligible for IIT-JEE. because this exam is totally oriented for Maths stream..
you must qualify 12th with PCM compulsory..
ELIGIBILITY FOR IIT JEE=
You must make sure that you satisfy all the eligibility conditions given below for appearing in IIT
Candidate belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must be born on or after October 01, 1988 and those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must be born on or after October 01, 1983 for taking part in 2013..
The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
Candidates belonging to GE and OBC categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in QE. SC, ST and PD candidates must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in QE.
all the best..
3rd July 2012, 10:30 PM
Vikas hrc

Hi friend..
IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology.
There are almost 10 IITs in our country and the admission in IIT is based on IIT Joint Entrance Exam which is conducted every year.
Almost 4 lakh students appear in it every year and around 6,000 students are able to get their favourite branch in IIT.
You are eligible to appear in IIT-JEE if:-
1.You have passed your 12th with PCM stream.
2.You have secured 60% in your aggregate.
3.Your age is below 25 years.
So,looking at the eligibility criteria,you can find that you are not eligible to appear in this exam and hence can't take admission there.
So,there is no benefit of thinking about that.
You have many options in Commerce stream itself such as CA,CS,CWA,B.Com hons.
So,if you want to study in any top colleges of India,you can do B.Com hons. from any top college of India such as:-
1.SRCC,Delhi.
2.St.Xavier's,Kolkata.
3.LSR,Delhi.
4.St. Xaviers,Mumbai.
5.Hans Raj College,Delhi.
But for that,you will have to secure very good percentage in your 12th.
Best of luck.
Thanks.
With Regards-
Vikas.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?