26th January 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Airforce through SSB exams after diploma in mechanical Engineering?

how can i join the indian airforce? is it possible through SSB exam? i am in 2nd year of mech. engg. diploma after my matriculation.And my institute's name is govt. polytechnic sundernagar. And i have NCC 'C' Certificate in B grade.

Related Questions:
  1. How may I Join Indian Army? How to apply for SSB interview? I've done diploma in Mechanical engineering
  2. Being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student, how can I join Indian Air Force?
  3. After doing diploma in mechanical engineering how can I join Indian Airforce?
  4. Can I apply for SSB Interview having completed B.E. Mechanical on Diploma basis?
  5. Procedure to join Indian Air Force after completion of B.E in Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  6. How can I join Indian Army, Navy, Airforce after completing diploma or engineering in medical
  7. Can I join Indian Airforce after diploma in instrumentation engineering?
  8. Procedure to join Indian Air Force for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 2nd year student of 17 years old? Qualification required and age limit to apply?
  9. What can I do to join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year Diploma in mechanical Engineering having failed Diploma (2 arrier)?
  10. What kind of exams are available to join Indian Navy for Mechanical Diploma holder?
  11. Is it possible to join in Indian Airforce after completing mechanical engineering?
  12. How to apply for Indian Navy through SSB in UES while doing B.E Mechanical Engineering? Am I eligible for SSB?
  13. Procedure to join Air Force after completion of Diploma in ECE?
  14. Eligible for SSB navy after B.E. in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is the procedure followed to join Indian Air Force after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. How to join Air Force after completion of BE in Mechanical Engineering? Which Entrance Exams should I appear for this?
  17. How can I join Indian Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  18. Can I join Indian Air Force after my diploma engineering?
26th January 2011, 05:50 PM
prtk.co

Default Re: Can I join Indian Airforce through SSB exams after diploma in mechanical Engineering?

You can join indian air force through NDA.You must clear NDA exam to join indian air force.The forms are available from feburary for april NDA exam.
26th January 2011, 08:54 PM
Tushar93

Thumbs up Re: Can I join Indian Airforce through SSB exams after diploma in mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how can i join the indian airforce? is it possible through SSB exam? i am in 2nd year of mech. engg. diploma after my matriculation.And my institute's name is govt. polytechnic sundernagar. And i have NCC 'C' Certificate in B grade.
Hello friend,
I presume that your age might not between 16.5-19 so you have missed out on NDA exam. So if you want to join the Indian Airforce then you must have a bachelor's degree.
After acquiring the degree you can join IAF through Combined Defence Services Exam, Engineering Knowledge Test, University Entry Scheme and Air Force Combined Admission Test for permanent commission. You can also apply for Short Service Commission if you are interested.
You can also join as a airman.

Go to careerairforce.nic.in for further details.
26th January 2011, 08:55 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Airforce through SSB exams after diploma in mechanical Engineering?

Dear friend,

You can not join IAF through SSB directly. As to appear for SSB candidate must have cleared CDSE. And for CDSE minimum qualification is required any graduate.

Presently you are pursuing diploma which is not a graduate degree.

So I would like to suggest you that you should go for B.E. after diploma through lateral entry. After diploma you can directly take admission in the 2nd year of B.E.

For NCC 'C' certificate holders there is special Entry for IAF, but for that Air wing 'C' certificate is required and candidate must be graduate.

All the best.
26th January 2011, 11:30 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend......
according to me candidates can join Indian Airforce through SSB exams after graduation only and not after the diploma.......
but the you can get confirmed by reading the eligibility criteria for the same on the official website or the advertisement of the SSB in the employment newspapers........
1st February 2011, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

i am diploma in autombile can i join airforce
19th February 2011, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

i am diploma mechanical can i join air force
22nd March 2011, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Angry Re: Can I join Indian Airforce through SSB exams after diploma in mechanical Engineering?

u can join indian airforce as an airmen only because u have to be a graduate to become an officer
31st March 2011, 12:32 PM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

HI DEAR,

YES,You can join indian air force through NDA.

To join the Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical) stream, you must fulfil the following conditions:

Educational Qualification :
Minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together in

- BE / B.Tech in Aeronautical / Mechanical / Production / Industrial Production or a combination of these subjects
OR
- Section A and B of Associate Membership Examination of Institution of Engineering (India) with Mechanical / Aeronautical subjects by actual studies
OR
- Section A and B of Associate Membership Examination of the Aeronautical Society of India with Group I (Design and Production) or Group II (Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul) subjects by actual studies

Advertisement Schedule:

* Marital Status
Single

* Nationality
Indian

This is applicable to both men and women.

ok
12th April 2011, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Now i am 21yrs. doin my 2nd yr Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. After i finish diploma i'll do BE. By the time i complete i wil be 26. can i join IAF in that age???
14th April 2011, 04:11 PM
akkilala
Member+

hi dear
You can join indian air force through NDA.You must clear NDA exam to join indian air force.The forms are available from feburary for april NDA exam.
thanks
15th April 2011, 03:55 AM
professor.singh

Quote:
You can join Indian airforce by:
1. NDA ( if you still have the age between 6 1/2 years and 19 years)

and if you cant go for NDA then you must become a graduate in any field.

2.appear for CDSE and join as a graduate.

you can also go for engineering as you are doing diploma you will directly be admitted into second year complete there and then apply.

3.through UES

4.AFCAT

5.FAST TRACK selection

for more details visit: http://careerairforce.nic.in/home.html
22nd April 2011, 11:40 PM
jai babe ki

HELLO DEAR,

YES,You can join indian air force through NDA.You must clear NDA exam to join indian air force.
3rd May 2011, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

The most respected sir/madam,
I have cleared my AFCAT Exam 2011.what shall I have to do next to get into IAF.Please guide me.What will be the date and venue for these exams?
4th May 2011, 08:55 AM
Tushar93

Thumbs up Re: Can I join Indian Airforce through SSB exams after diploma in mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Now i am 21yrs. doin my 2nd yr Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. After i finish diploma i'll do BE. By the time i complete i wil be 26. can i join IAF in that age???
Hello Friend,

You can join indian air force till the age of 28 as an engineer, but you will not be eligible for flying branch. These are the ways to become an engineer in the indian air force:-

1. UES(University Entry Scheme) for final year students
2. Direct Entry for engineers who have secured minimum 60% marks aggregate in all papers put together from a recognised university

Best Of Luck
1st June 2011, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

after AMIE,i can join indian navy.
4th June 2011, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

hai friends,
i recently applied for IAF "Y" trade non technical posts.but he asked both mark sheets and provisional.but i sent only provisional certificate.is it enough OR not?
please answer me.if u know.thank u.
5th June 2011, 04:49 PM
Sachin Narayan

Quote:

No, you cannot join Indian Airforce (Officer Cadre) just with a diploma degree.

You need to have a graduate degree to apply for the post of flying officer in Indian Airforce.

You can go through NDA if your age is in between 16 1/2 to 19 years. If not then you are eligible only for airmen entry scheme and not for the officer cadre.

Eligibility Criteria for Indian Airforce Officer Cadre(Non technical)

1. Age- 19-23 years.

2. Educational qualification: Graduation from a recognised university.

3. Marital Status: Unmarried.

4. Nationality: Indian
2nd July 2011, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
of course u can apply for aif on diploma
but u will have to go foe technical group y

abhishek 9576517465
10th July 2011, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

can I join Indian Air force as I have done BCA in 2010 and doing job in wipro info. if yes then kindly tell me the procedure for the same.
thanks
17th July 2011, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

i m student of mech.eng.diploma.i have completed 2year and i want to join force.plz tell me. how can i do it.my instute name is govt.poly.basti.
11th February 2012, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

what are the oportunities after the complete diploma in mechanical?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?