10th May 2011, 03:22 PM
Pavneet88

Can I join Indian Army after BCA if I am 24 years old? What is the procedure to join?

hello sir ,

i have completed my BCA n iam 24 years old , am i still eligible to join army ? What is the procedure to join

12th May 2011, 03:51 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army after BCA if I am 24 years old? What is the procedure to join?

Well dear being a graduate you had 2 Chances to get there.

1) CDS: Combined Defence Service Examination (CDSE) is conducted by upsc (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year for entry into all three defence services.

For ARMY- graduation in any background,with at least 60% aggregate
Age Limit- 23 years for unmarried males

For Navy: B.sc(with Physics and Mathematics) or B.tech/B.E Age Limit- 21 years for non NCC cadets , whereas 23 years for 2 years long NCC Senior Naval Wing 'C' certificate holders .

For Airforce- B.E./B.Tech,graduate in any decipline with Physics or Mathematics at class 12.
Age Limit- 24 years (as on 1st January 2011).

2) UES SSC: University Entry Scheme Short Service Commission,is meant for all candidates those who have B.sc/M.sc (Physics,radio,electronics,) or B.tech/M.tech (civil,mechanical,electronics,electronics & telecommunication,Aeronautical etc.) with at lest 60% aggregate including all semester.Notification for it are released In Employment news.
Age Limit: 25 years for Bachelor Holders, 27 years for Master holders

Sometimes notification are also there for normal graduates but age limit would be 23 years.

So, you can see that you are not eligible from any sense.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
12th May 2011, 12:03 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army after BCA if I am 24 years old? What is the procedure to join?

Hello,
If you would like to join army as a 'soldier' rank then there is the open selection procedure for you. Army headquarters organise selection procedure includes physical and mental ability test, for which you can prefer 'employement newspaper' And if you want to join army for senior/officer rank then UPSC conducts CDS(combined defence services) twice in a year, age limit 19-23yr.
But for CDS you have exceeded the age limit. For more information you can visit the official site of UPSC-www.upsc.gov.in
12th May 2011, 12:42 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

IMA: INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY :You can join it through CDS exam and for that you
have to apply for it .The notification for CDS exam is curretly out and you can fill its
application for here ::click here

ELIGIBILITY :

19 TO 24 years .
Graduation from recognised university

SSC :SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION( NON TECHNICAL MEN ONLY)::

ELIGIBILITY :

19 TO 25 years .
Graduation from recognised university
12th May 2011, 09:30 PM
vasu&sakshi

Smile Re: Can I join Indian Army after BCA if I am 24 years old? What is the procedure to join?

Sorry this not for b/c ur age is over from joining in army
in joining in army u must be graduated & age is below 23 &unmarried
27th May 2011, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Tarun chaudharary
i am complatd the BCA and my age 24 i,m join indian air force plz help me
5th June 2011, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

AFTER COMPLETE BCA WHICH JOB I WILL GET?
12th July 2011, 02:57 AM
Unregistered

i want to join indian army. what is the procedure.
12th July 2011, 03:00 AM
Unregistered

i want to join indian army after bca. what is the procedure.
15th August 2011, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

iam in BCA 3rd year can i join indian army.......is there any procedure for appearing (3rd year)
8th September 2011, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

can i join indian army after completing bca with ncc b cerctificate in c grade
11th September 2011, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing bca from bharathyer university , after completing my bca is there any job on the shipping or neavy or cruze national or international... i am the science background in class 12b(phy,chem,math), now my age is 23
15th February 2012, 11:46 PM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

sorry dear you are not eligible for indian army.

For ARMY-
graduation in any background,with at least 60% aggregate
Age Limit- 23 years for unmarried male

for more details:-
www.upsc.gov.in
29th February 2012, 11:06 PM
chandler8161

hi

sorry you are not eligible for this to join Indian army..

as per the rule and regulation for the recruitment the age limit should be 19-24 years

so its important we should obey such rules and regulation which are meant for the candidates..

to join Indian army one needs to be graduate in any respective subjects with 60% marks without any backlogs

you can try for other field in which you are qualified,so that you can do your work efficiently and contribute the nation indirectly...it doesn't mean that to serve you need to join into it...
thank you for visiting here.

good luck
17th March 2012, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

hello.
i m satyam kesarwani i have completed my bca i want to join indian army tell me how to apply and tell me process
14th April 2012, 04:15 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
After graduation you can apply various types of entrance exams to join indian army.
CDS,
SSC etc.

CDS eligibility criteria;

Candidate should be complete graduation from any recognised university.

Age limits is 19years to 23years.

So, for CDS examination you are not eligible to write CDS exam.

SSC :SHORT SERVICE
COMMISSION( NON TECHNICAL
MEN ONLY):: ELIGIBILITY : 19 TO 25 years .
Graduation from recognised
university

Through SSC you are eligible to write this entrance exam.

All the best.
15th April 2012, 04:34 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

After complete graduation you can apply the CDS and SSC etc.

CDS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

the candidate must be citizen of india.

The candidate complete graduation from a recognized university.

The age limit is 19 to 23 years.

So, you are not eligible this CDS Exam.

SSC(SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION) ELIGIBILITY:

The age limit of ssc exam is 19 to 25 years.

So, you can eligible this ssc exam.

All the best.
16th January 2013, 02:39 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavneet88 View Post
hello sir ,

i have completed my BCA n iam 24 years old , am i still eligible to join army ? What is the procedure to join
Well dear being a graduate you had 2 Chances to get there.

1) CDS: Combined Defence Service Examination (CDSE) is conducted by upsc (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year for entry into all three defence services.

For ARMY- graduation in any background,with at least 60% aggregate
Age Limit- 23 years for unmarried males

For Navy: B.sc(with Physics and Mathematics) or B.tech/B.E Age Limit- 21 years for non NCC cadets , whereas 23 years for 2 years long NCC Senior Naval Wing 'C' certificate holders .

For Airforce- B.E./B.Tech,graduate in any decipline with Physics or Mathematics at class 12.
Age Limit- 24 years (as on 1st January 2011).

2) UES SSC: University Entry Scheme Short Service Commission,is meant for all candidates those who have B.sc/M.sc (Physics,radio,electronics,) or B.tech/M.tech (civil,mechanical,electronics,electronics & telecommunication,Aeronautical etc.) with at lest 60% aggregate including all semester.Notification for it are released In Employment news.
Age Limit: 25 years for Bachelor Holders, 27 years for Master holders

Sometimes notification are also there for normal graduates but age limit would be 23 years.

So, you can see that you are not eligible from any sense.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?