17th January 2017, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Can I join the Indian Army after completing B.tech in Mining scoring 65% marks? What is the procedure to join the Indian Army?

Respected Sir, I had completed my Graduation with B.Tech in Mining scoring 65% marks and now I wish to join the Indian Army so I want to know can I join the Indian Army after completing B.tech in Mining scoring 65% marks? What is the procedure to join the Indian Army? Please answer as soon as possible.

17th January 2017, 05:32 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join the Indian Army after completing B.tech in Mining scoring 65% marks? What is the procedure to join the Indian Army?

As you have completed your bachelor degree hence you are eligible to apply for Indian Army but for that you have to appear in the entrance exam that is conducted by UPSC every year and the examination name is Combined Defence Services Exam.
Your age should be in between 19 to 25 years.
You can select either Indian Military Academy officers training academy as you are training institute.

As you have done Bachelor of Technology in mining has you can enter the armed forces into distinct ways. You can either of two for the technical graduate course if your age is between 20 to 27 years for the permanent commission or you can opt for the Short Service Commission.
17th January 2017, 05:54 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join the Indian Army after completing B.tech in Mining scoring 65% marks? What is the procedure to join the Indian Army?

Yes, you can join the Indian army through Combined Defense Service Exam (CDS) which is conducted by UPSC. Candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream from a recognized university are eligible for this exam. For applying and other details you can visit to the official website of UPSC :

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?