29th September 2012, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army with Arts stream?

Can i join indian army with arts stream?...pelase tell me if thts possible

10th October 2012, 10:28 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army with Arts stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If your aspiring to Join in Indian Army Academy than you should Appear in National Defence Academy (or) Combined Defence Academy .

You have Not Mention your Academic Qualification as well as Age limit .

If your Completed 12th standard than you may apply for NDA Examination and If you Completed Graduation than you may eligible to appear in CDS Examination .

Based on your Educational Qualification and Age limit you may appear in any one of the Entrance Examination .

The Selection Procedure for this Entrance Examination is divided into Written Examination / Interview /Physical Training .

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and this Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

To appear in NDA Examination than you should Complete 12th standard / Equivalent Qualification in any discipline from recognized University .

Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination . There is No Percentage of marks require for this Examination .

Your age should be Not less than 16.5 years and Not above 19 years and there is no Upper age relaxation will applicable for this Examination . You should be Unmarried Male candidate .

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service and this Examination is Conducted Union Public Service ( UPSC ). This Examination is held every twice in a year .

To Join in Army Academy , than you should Finished in Graduation in any discipline from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Your age should be 19 years to 24 years and there is No relaxation will applicable for both the OBC as well as SC/ST candidates .

Only Unmarried Male candidates are Applicable for this Examination .

So, If your really Interested to Join in Army Academy than you should appear in any one of the Entrance Examination and score good percentage of marks .
10th October 2012, 10:56 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.........

If you are interested in Indian Army, first you can crack the NDA Examination

NDA stands for National Defense Academy this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly twice, i.e. NDA - I & NDA - II

NDA have 3 wings, 1. Indian Air Force, 2. Indian Army, 3. Indian Navy

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Examination

Educational Qualification for NDA :You must have a 12th standard from any recognized institution

Age Limit : Your age should between 16.5 to 19 years only and no age relaxation SC/ST/OBC for this examination

Nationality : You should be a citizen of India

Note: Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this examination

Selection Procedure : 1.Written Examination 2. Medical Test 3. Interview
10th October 2012, 11:28 AM
sbhndsen
Member+

Assuming you passed 12th standard with arts and based on this concept yes, you can join Indian Army. But you need to appear for NDA entrance examination held twice in a year namely as NDAI & NDAII. The Eligibility criteria as:

1. You should have completed 10+2 in any stream from recognized university/board.
2. Evan you are also eligible to apply for Indian Army when studying 12th standard.
3. Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.
4. You should be an Indian citizen.
5. You must be Unmarried & male.

As I assuming that just you passed 12th standard, so the next level discussion is not necessary. Please navigate here for more information: www.nda.nic.in
10th October 2012, 11:39 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Yes , you can join Indian Army with Arts stream

You should have complete 12th class or pursuing final year of 12th class in order to apply for this exam.

You should be with the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this exam.

You can get the application forms for this exam in the designated post offices all over India.

Have good preparation for this exam and crack it.

For updated information on this exam, I suggest you to visit the following website
http://upsc.gov.in/
10th October 2012, 01:32 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

With Arts stream, you can join Indian Army in basically two ways:- NDA & CDS

NDA - National Defence Academy, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II to join Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.
The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam of which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.
The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final Graduation degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical Fitness can apply for Indian Army of CDS.

For more information you may lg on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th October 2012, 02:11 PM
bhaskar51

Quote:
If your aspiring to Join in Indian Army Academy than you should Appear in National Defence Academy (or) Combined Defence Academy .

You have Not Mention your Academic Qualification as well as Age limit .

If your Completed 12th standard than you may apply for NDA Examination and If you Completed Graduation than you may eligible to appear in CDS Examination .

Based on your Educational Qualification and Age limit you may appear in any one of the Entrance Examination .

The Selection Procedure for this Entrance Examination is divided into Written Examination / Interview /Physical Training .

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and this Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
for joing indian airforce you must pass 12th exam in science stream
To appear in NDA Examination than you should Complete 12th standard / Equivalent Qualification in any discipline from recognized University .

Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination . There is No Percentage of marks require for this Examination .

Your age should be Not less than 16.5 years and Not above 19 years and there is no Upper age relaxation will applicable for this Examination . You should be Unmarried Male candidate .

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service and this Examination is Conducted Union Public Service ( UPSC ). This Examination is held every twice in a year .

To Join in Army Academy , than you should Finished in Graduation in any discipline from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Your age should be 19 years to 24 years and there is No relaxation will applicable for both the OBC as well as SC/ST candidates .

Only Unmarried Male candidates are Applicable for this Examination .

So, If your really Interested to Join in Army Academy than you should appear in any one of the Entrance Examination and score good percentage of marks .
10th October 2012, 04:06 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

> Yes, you can apply for Indian Army having Arts stream. You can apply through NDA Examination.
As you know that NDA (National Defence Academy) Examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year namely NDA I and NDA II for the recruitment to the following wings :-
* Indian Army
* Indian Navy
* Indian Air Force
>> If you satisfy the following eligibility criteria, you will be eligible for NDA :-
* You must be an Indian citizen.
* You must be an unmarried male candidate.
* You must have your age between 16.5 years to 19 years.
* You must have qualified your 12th standard examination with any stream from a recognized board/university or equivalent.
* Apart from these, you must be physically and mentally fit while applying for it.
> To apply online for NDA, visit www.upsconline.nic.in
> For further details, visit www.upsc.gov.in
10th October 2012, 04:23 PM
Saran 18

Quote:
The Candidate to Join in Indian Army Academy than you should Appear in National Defence Academy.To Join in Army Academy you should completed in Graduation in any discipline from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

There selection not depend on graduation results. But not issue to studies there selection only on age and Higher secondary studies for eligible to apply
but you may apply for NDA Examination and If you Completed Graduation than you may eligible to appear in CDS Examination .

The Basic Procedure for this Entrance Examination is divided into Written Examination / Interview /Physical Training .

National Defence Academy and this Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Your age should be Not less than 16.5 yrs and Not more than 19 yrs and there is no Upper age relaxation will applicable for this Examination . You should be Unmarried Male candidate .

Note: Only Unmarried Male candidates are Applicable for this Examination .
10th January 2013, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Well, am reading at 11th standard with arts stream and wish to join in indian army through NDA entrance exam is it possible plz reply me soon.
16th August 2014, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Hi friends,
Noww
I have done 2 in arts stream.Now my age 21
How can I join the indian army in officers rank.
Please suggest me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?