2nd June 2012, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join Indian Navy, Indian Army or Aeronautics after passing 10th?

I have taken general maths for10th is it will be possible for me to join the indian navy or indian army or aeronautics

3rd June 2012, 11:15 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Indian Navy, Indian Army or Aeronautics after passing 10th?

No it is not possible to join any of these streams after 10th standard. You need to pursue 12th standard first. Make sure you select Physics, Maths along with Chemistry. Start preparing for the entrance exam after 12th standard. To join Army or Navy you can appear for the NDA exam and for Aeronautics appear for the engineering entrance exam.
3rd June 2012, 12:45 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Indian Navy, Indian Army or Aeronautics after passing 10th?

Hai,

No, you are not eligible for indian navy or army because the minimum educational qualification is 12th standard.

But in your 12th standard you must have physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects for navy, airforce and aeronautical.

NDA(National Defence Academy) exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year i.e

NDA-I,

NDA-II.

NDA has three wings:

Indian airforce,

Indian navy,

Indian army.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidate should be complete 12th standard from an aggregate central or state board

For navy and airforce wings you must have PCM subjects in your 12th standard.

Percentage is not required for this exam.

The candidate must be physically fit and citizen of india.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Age limits is 16.5 years to 19 years.

Selection process:

Written test,

SSB interview,

Medical test.

For aeronautical you must have 60% marks in your 12th standard.

For more details please visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
3rd June 2012, 07:55 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

No you cannot sit for the NDA entrance exam now as the minimum eligibility criteria for NDA entrance exam is:-

For Army Wing of NDA- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school Education, or equivalent.

For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at Naval Academy-12 th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school Education with Physics and Mathematics, or equivalent

Candidates appearing at the 12th Class Examination are also eligible to compete. Such candidates will be required to submit the proof of passing the 12th Class Examination by a date to be specified in the Commission’s Notice for the Examination.

Written exam pattern:-
mathematics-300 marks
general ability test-600 marks
total-900 marks
Marks for SSB Interviews-900 Marks

for more information log onto this website:- www.upsc.gov.in
5th June 2012, 05:40 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Is it possible to join Indian Navy, Indian Army or Aeronautics after passing 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have taken general maths for10th is it will be possible for me to join the indian navy or indian army or aeronautics
No you are not eligible to apply for the Indian Air force, Army or Navy as an officer after the diploma. You have to complete your 10+2 if you want to join Indian defence as an officer. After the 10+2 you can apply through National defence academy examination. This examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. The eligibility required for the national defence academy examination is given below:

Education Qualification
Candidate applying for the national defence academy examination should be 10+2 pass and should have physics and maths if he is applying for the Indian air force and navy.
Those appeared in the 10+2 examination are also eligible to apply for the national defence academy examination.
Candidate should note that only the male candidates are eligible to apply for the national defence academy examination.

Age Limit
Candidate applying for the national defence academy examination should have age between 16.5 to 19 years.

For more information on national defence academy examination you can also visit at the below web site:

www.upsc.gov.in
13th February 2013, 06:35 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

HI,

Passing only 10th standard is not sufficient to clear for this exam, You have to pass 12th standard with physics and maths as your main subject with 60% aggregate. You can join through NDA exam which is conducted twice a year.

The age should be between 16.5 year to 19 year.

You can also apply for AFCAT exam and technical entry after 12th for Indian Air force.

Please look at the attached files, go through it and apply for it.

All the best!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Notification-of-Group-X-Tecnhnical-Tamil-nadu.pdf(37.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: pdf File274.pdf(104.1 KB, 68 views)
4th January 2014, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

sir i am 10th pass i want to get job in army how can i?????? it is necessary to score good marks in 12th??? or to pass 12th???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?