1st December 2012, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy after completed B.Com?

I will be completing my graduation (B.com), and my D.O.B. is 09-05-1985. After that I would like to join merchant navy. I would be very thankful if you guide me over this matter.

26th April 2015, 08:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after completed B.Com?

Sorry you are not eligible for Merchant Navy on the basis of your educational qualification as well as age requirement for the same .

For joining Indian Navy you are required to crack NDA exams at the senior secondary level education where as at the graduation level you have to compete CDS examinations conducted by UPSC twice every year .

The qualification required for CDS examination are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian citizen .

* Your age must not be below 19 years as well as does not exceed 22 years which is almost 30 years in your case .

* Also your graduation must be with any subject related to Science from a recognized university which is not in your case as you are bachelor with commerce stream .

Also as you are 30 years so you are not eligible for Indian Military Academy or Officer's Training Academy for which the maximum age limit is 24 years and 25 years respectively.

You can try your luck in the other fields as there are many career options available for you since you are not eligible for defense jobs .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?