9th August 2012, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Navy being a candidate from Commerce stream?

I will commerce can i join nevy

22nd August 2012, 08:50 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Navy being a candidate from Commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey friend,

Indian Navy cannot be done by a Candidate who has completed in Commerce Stream

This is one of the Indian Defence Force and for joining in this force you need to write the entrance exam in order to be eligible for applying for the exam as it is the procedure of joining in Defence.

And for applying for the exam,you need to satisfy the framed eligibility criteria and they are to be satisfied for applying and you need to write the entrance exam which satisfies the qualification which you possess.

As with your qualification the entrance exam which you need to write to join in Indian Navy is NDA Exam.

Regarding the eligibility criteria framed for the exam,you are not satisfying them as you are dissatisfying the Education qualification needed.

Education Qualification Needed:

~ For joining in Indian Navy the education qualification needed to be possessed is that you need to have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subjects

As completed with Commerce Stream you are not eligible for applying as i have mentioned what is the exact eligibility needed for joining in Indian Navy.

So,it is better that you complete your graduation from a recognized university in any discipline with a fair percentage as there are many entrance exam which are held for candidates to join in Defence.

ALL THE BEST
22nd August 2012, 09:23 PM
anchitsuri2006
Member+

Hi,

I am sorry to say this you are not eligible for Indian navy, because you are commerce candidates.
Commerce stream candidates age not eligible for indian navy.
Here is the full details about the indian navy.

To join in Indian navy you need to crack the NDA(National Defence Academy) exam which is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

NDA-I,
NDA-II.

Eligibility criteria for indian navy:

The candidate should be complete 12th standard with physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects from a recognised state board.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Candidate must be a citizen of india.

Age limits is 16.5 years to 19 years.

No age relaxation for those who are reserved candidates.

Only unmarried male candidates.

Girls are not eligible for this exam.

Selection procedure:

Written test,
SSB interview,
Medical test.
22nd August 2012, 11:21 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

As completed with Commerce Stream you are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy.

To join in Indian navy you need to crack the NDA(National Defence Academy) exam which is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

NDA-I,
NDA-II.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Navy is as under-

1. The candidate should be complete 12th standard with physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects from a recognized state board.

2. He must be a citizen of India.

3. Age limits is 16.5 years to 19 years.

For more details you can visit to-

http://indiannavy.nic.in/
26th August 2012, 03:35 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I join Navy being a candidate from Commerce stream?

Quote:

Sorry, to say that But Commerce student can not Join Indian Navy

Because, According to the qualification require for NDA state that A candidate Must have completed their 12th Science with Physics, Maths and Chemistry.

Age limit should be between 16.5-19 years.

Only Unmarried male can Apply for it.
27th August 2012, 09:11 AM
soumadeep7

Quote:
Indian Navy cannot be done by a Candidate who has completed in Commerce Stream

This is one of the Indian Defence Force and for joining in this force you need to write the entrance exam in order to be eligible for applying for the exam as it is the procedure of joining in Defence.

And for applying for the exam,you need to satisfy the framed eligibility criteria and they are to be satisfied for applying and you need to write the entrance exam which satisfies the qualification which you possess.

As with your qualification the entrance exam which you need to write to join in Indian Navy is NDA Exam.

Regarding the eligibility criteria framed for the exam,you are not satisfying them as you are dissatisfying the Education qualification needed.

Education Qualification Needed:

~ For joining in Indian Navy the education qualification needed to be possessed is that you need to have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subjects

As completed with Commerce Stream you are not eligible for applying as i have mentioned what is the exact eligibility needed for joining in Indian Navy.

So,it is better that you complete your graduation from a recognized university in any discipline with a fair percentage as there are many entrance exam which are held for candidates to join in Defence.
27th August 2012, 06:41 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say but you cannot join Indian Navy being a commerce student because the educational qualification required to join Indian Navy is :

You must have passed 12th with Physics,chemistry and maths as your key subjects.

Other Eligibility Criteria are :

* You must be an Indian Citizen.

* You must be physically and mentally fit.

* Your age should lie in between 16.5-19 years for NDA and 18-24 years for CDS.

this is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?