24th September 2017, 03:29 PM
APPU.AJITH

Can I study petroleum engineering after B.Sc Chemistry? List of best colleges for lateral entry?

Can I study petroleum engineering after B.Sc chemistry I want to do the job in petroleum field if the lateral entry is available which are the best colleges for it? Hope that someone from here will respond to me back with good suggestions. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. What are the ways to join petroleum engineering after completion of diploma in ECE?
  2. Diploma in Plastics and Mould Technology student can get admission in B.Tech Petrochemical or Petroleum engineering through lateral entry?
  3. List of engineering colleges in Maharashtra to study B.Tech through lateral entry? Procedure to get admission?
  4. List of colleges to study Electrical engineering course through lateral entry? Procedure of admission in that colleges?
  5. B.tech in petroleum Engineering after completing diploma in petrochemical?
  6. Best colleges to study petroleum engineering? I am a 12th science student
  7. Eligibility to study MSc(Petroleum Technology) for BSc(Chemistry) student? -- [New]
  8. Am I eligible to do MCA in lateral entry after completing BSc IT? Colleges or universities providing MCA lateral entry? Details about their placements?
  9. Colleges offering lateral entry directly into 2nd year of engineering? Does Jadavpur University offer lateral entry? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which colleges offer Lateral entry in engineering for diploma holders in Chandigarh and other states?
  11. Entrance exams for admission in B.Tech Lateral Entry for Diploma student? List of colleges in Punjab?
  12. List of colleges for lateral entry in engineering in Assam? I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering from NERIST AP
  13. Which course to opt for after completion of diploma in ECE?
  14. How to join a college as a lateral entry candidate?
  15. What should i do to join B.Tech after Diploma in ECE?
  16. Which colleges are offering lateral entry? List of institutes and procedure for admission for direct entry into the 2nd year B.E after diploma engineering?
  17. What is the age criteria for engineering lateral entry?
  18. Can I do B.Tech abroad after completing diploma 3 years course?
25th September 2017, 05:40 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I study petroleum engineering after B.Sc Chemistry? List of best colleges for lateral entry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by APPU.AJITH View Post
Can I study petroleum engineering after B.Sc chemistry I want to do the job in petroleum field if the lateral entry is available which are the best colleges for it? Hope that someone from here will respond to me back with good suggestions. Thanks!

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for petroleum engineering after completing your B.Sc in chemistry.

As you are interested to do job in petroleum field, then you can apply for M.SC petroleum technology. Here below are details regarding M.SC Petroleum technology:-

>> To apply for M.SC petroleum technology minimum qualification required to apply is B.Sc or equivalent qualification in relevant stream from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained.

>> Duration of post graduate degree in petroleum technology is 2 years.

>> After M.SC petroleum technology you can apply for job in areas related to petroleum like Petrol pump manager, Instrumentation engineer, Chemical engineer, Lead process engineer, Testing and commissioning engineer etc.

Institute Offer M.SC Petroleum Technology Course:-

1). Nowrosjee Wadia College, Maharashtra

2). ITM University, Gwalior

3). Sinhgad College of Science, Pune
25th September 2017, 10:46 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study petroleum engineering after B.Sc Chemistry? List of best colleges for lateral entry?

You have completed B.Sc degree in chemistry so you are eligible for B.Tech or B.E in Petroleum Engineering from lateral entry.

Eligibility criteria for the lateral entry:-

Passed diploma course in Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

Passed degree in Science( B.SC ) with mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.

Your age should be above 17 years.

Following are some of the colleges which offers lateral entry:-

Indian Institute of Technology - New Delhi, Delhi

Noida Institute of Engineering and Technology

Dronacharya College of Engineering

Sunder Deep Group of Institutions

Tamil Nadu Open University

Ambedkar Institute of Technology

Aditya College of Science and Pharmacy

Amity School Engineering and Technology

Infotech Institute of Advanced learning.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?