13th March 2018, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in B.Tech without appearing and having a score in JEE exam?

I want take admission in B.Tech from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar but I have not applied for JEE exam. So, can I take admission in B.Tech in Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar without giving JEE exam?

Related Questions:
27th March 2018, 08:45 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in B.Tech without appearing and having a score in JEE exam?

Yes, you are eligible to study B.Tech course without appearing in JEE Main examination. JEE Main is an entrance examination which is conducted by CBSE for admission to under graduate courses in NIT's and it is also considered as a qualifying examination for appearing in JEE Advance examination. Even if you have not appeared in JEE Main examination, you can study B.Tech course by appearing and qualifying your respective state level engineering entrance examination or you can also get admission to study B.Tech course through Management quota seats.

Yes, you can take admission in B.Tech in Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar without giving JEE exam. You can apply for Management quota seats which is available for ever private college.

In this university Mode of Admission through JEE Main or NATA.
28th March 2018, 12:03 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in B.Tech without appearing and having a score in JEE exam?

Most of top engineering institutions in India like Indian Institute of Technology, National Institute of Technology, IIIT and other government engineering college take admission on the basis of marks and ranks secured in the JEE(Joint Entrance Examination).

There are several private institutes which conduct their own entrance exam like SRM, BITS Pilani, Vellore Institute of Technology, etc.

Now other than these, there are so many private engineering college that offers bachelor of engineering or technology in several disciplines. Frankly speaking, in last 5 years the number of engineering institution has increased to larger extent such that their seats remain vacant.

So there is nothing to worry, you can get admission in Bachelor of Technology even if you have not appeared in JEE, you can get admission on the basis of percentage of marks scored in PCM and 10+2 board exam.

There are 15% seats in private engineering colleges which comes under Management Quota to which direct admission is done. So if you have good percentage of marks in 10+2 board exam, you can get direct admission in many private engineering colleges.
29th March 2018, 09:10 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot get admission in Guru Nanak Dev University without JEE.

B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) is a graduation level degree. The duration of the course is 4 years.

The admissions are given based on the JEE score. You need to attend and qualify the exam in merit so that you can get admission in GNDU.

For more information about admission process you can check the PDF.
29th March 2018, 11:23 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can take admission in Guru Nanak Dev University to pursue B.Tech without appearing in JEE Mains examination. But it is compulsory to have scored good marks in 10+2 i.e. atleast 60 percent to get admission.
You can take direct admission also.
You can select any of the streams of your choice and as per interest. There will be no any restriction.
30th March 2018, 04:30 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in B.Tech course directly, without applying for JEE exam in Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar.

But in any government college without appearing in JEE Main examination, no one can get admission in B.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?