10th September 2012, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in MBA next year after attending October exam for graduation

sir i am attending october exam for graduation so can i take admission in mba next year

10th September 2012, 08:58 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in MBA next year after attending October exam for graduation

Once you have completed the graduation course, you would become eligible for the entrance exams conducted to get admission in Master of Business Administration course.

It is necessary to appear in the entrance exam in order to get admission for the Master of Business Administration course. It does not matter whether you are applying for MBA in Finance, Management etc, entrance exam is must.

Which entrance exam to choose purely depends on the candidate. There are several national level entrance exams for the Master of Business Administration course. Some examples are:

CAT

MAT

IRMA

IIFT

SNAP

IBSAT

NMAT

XAT

The requirement to appear in most of these exams is at least 50 percent marks in graduation course. However some entrance exams would also allow candidates with 45 percent marks in graduation.

Among the list of entrance exams I mentioned above, Common Admission Test (CAT) is the most popular entrance exam for the MBA course. The simple reason being the IIMs accept the CAT score to give admission for the MBA course.

It is really pointless to mention that IIMs are the best B-Schools in the country. Therefore it is quite common that a large section of MBA aspirants wants to appear for the Common Admission Test.

CAT Eligibility

>> A graduation degree in any stream.

>> At least 50 percent marks in graduation.

>> 45 percent marks for SC/ST candidates.

I should warn you that even despite cracking the CAT exam and scoring good marks, it is quite possible to end up being rejected by the Indian Institute of Management. However in such situation there are some very good colleges that also accepts the CAT score for MBA admission.

Like I mentioned earlier that at least 45 to 50 percent marks are necessary to appear in MBA entrance exams. However in case you fail to meet this criteria, please don't be disappointed as you can still appear for the Management Aptitude Test (MAT). The beauty of MAT exam is that there is no percentage requirement. Which is why it is also very popular exam just like the CAT.

Some other entrance exams for MBA are:

MAH-CET

CUSAT

PAM-CAT

TANCET

OCET

UP-SEE

Orissa JEE

KMAT

UPMCAT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?