16th January 2016, 02:02 PM
himreal

Can I take admission in PhD at IITs having qualified in both NET and GATE?

Well i have 54% marks in B.sc. But i have 75% marks in m.sc. (math). I also qualified in NET and Gate exams. Can i take admission in p.hd. at IITs. Please answer me.

Related Questions:
  1. Admission in IITs for PhD with 385 score and 91.9 percentile in GATE?
  2. In which IITs I have a chance to get admission through GATE score for Phd? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Entrance exam for pursuing PhD from IITs?
  4. Can I get admission to study PhD in NIPER without appearing in GATE and NET being a M.Sc(Pharmaceutical Chemistry) postgraduate?
  5. List of universities offering PhD course for GATE qualified candidate?
  6. What are the procedures to do Ph.D in IIT without writing GATE?
  7. Is it possible for me to get admission for doing Ph.D through NET? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. List of Institutes which offer PhD in Biotechnology program without NET and GATE in India?
  9. With GATE 2009 score card can I apply for NIPER PhD? What shall I do to get admission in NIPER for PhD?
  10. What should I go for first between Ph.D and Lectureship? Name some institutes for pursing Ph.D with lecturer job.
  11. Is it necessary to appear in GATE for study PhD in IIT? Can I get admission through NET? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET being M.Pharmacy postgraduate and GATE qualified? Syllabus of CSIR-UGC-NET for admission in PhD in Pharmacy? Details of Fellowship?
  13. Can I do Ph.D in IIT if I cleared UGC NET in Lectureship?
  14. Is it necessary to appear in GATE for study PhD in IIT? Can I get admission through NET? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Where I can get admission to study PhD if qualified in GATE and secured 59% in M.Sc(Physics)?
  16. From where I will get GATE scholarship to study Ph.D program?
  17. List of institutes which offer admission in PhD course for a candidate who has secured 89.5 percentile in GATE? Procedure to get admission?
  18. Eligibility for M.Tech, M.Tech (Res) and PhD in IITs?
16th January 2016, 06:03 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in PhD at IITs having qualified in both NET and GATE?

ADMISSION IN PHS AT IIT

Yes sure you can take admission in PhD at IITs having qualified in both NET and GATE

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

* You must hold Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record.

* You should possess Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification.

* You must have Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from a recognized university.
16th January 2016, 09:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in PhD at IITs having qualified in both NET and GATE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by himreal View Post
Well i have 54% marks in B.sc. But i have 75% marks in m.sc. (math). I also qualified in NET and Gate exams. Can i take admission in p.hd. at IITs. Please answer me.
You have got 75% marks in M.Sc degree in Mathematics and you are qualified in GATE and NET exam so you are eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?