25th October 2017, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I take diploma in civil engineering and become a software engineer in future?

I am a +2 pass out student now I want to read diploma, taking the civil branch but my aim is to be a software engineering may I read B.Tech after diploma?may I read B.Tech taking CSE? Can someone please answer me back soon? Thanks!

27th October 2017, 09:15 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take diploma in civil engineering and become a software engineer in future?

No, you are not eligible to change the stream after diploma course.

So, you will be not eligible to get admission in B.Tech in Software engineering after completion of diploma in Civil through LEET conducted by various institutes.

But, if you have passed 12th with PCM then you can take admission in B.Tech in Software engineering but only in the first year of course.
27th October 2017, 06:26 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I take diploma in civil engineering and become a software engineer in future?

If you want to become a software engineer, then why are you wasting your energy and time in studying civil engineering?

You should go for a degree in the Software Engineering itself.

Neverthless, be it civil or mechanical or any branch, if you are good in teh coding skills, any of the software companies would hire you.
27th October 2017, 10:01 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to become a Software Engineer, if you have take Diploma in Civil Engineering course. To be eligible to pursue Engineering course, you should passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a Government recognised board. As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have passed 12th standard, if it is with science stream then, you can pursue Engineering course and after that, you can get a good job as a Software Engineer.
27th October 2017, 11:29 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot become a software engineer by studying diploma in civil engineering because for becoming software engineer the qualification required is to complete graduation level degree in computer related streams from any recognised university with minimum 65%. The minimum percentage may vary based on the company.

By studying diploma in civil engineering you cannot become a software engineer but there are different type of jobs available for diploma candidates.
27th October 2022, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

Nothing is impossible, everything is possible..!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?