31st July 2012, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I write electronics and communication GATE exam if I am a Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering student

i am an electronics and instrumentation engneering student, can i write electronics and communication gate exam

Related Questions:
  1. Which paper of GATE should a Electronics and Instrumentation student appear?
  2. Possibility to study M.Tech in Avionics after completing B.Tech in Electronics Engineering?
  3. GATE Electronics and Communications after Non-Electronics studies in graduation and post graduation?
  4. Can I write GATE exam in Electronics and Communication after doing B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
  5. Can a instrumentation stream student apply for Electronics and Communication engineering in PSU exam? Can I do M.Tech IN ECE?
  6. Am i eligible for a job in NTPC?
  7. How to prepare well for GATE exam?
  8. Which is the best course in B.Tech?
  9. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  10. Best books to be referred fro student electronics and instrumentation department for GATE exam
  11. Subject wise books for GATE Instrumentation 2015 exam -- [New]
  12. How can I become an electrical and electronics engineering?
  13. How should I write IES entrance exam? I am a B.Tech final year electronics and communication engineering student
  14. What is the full syllabus for GATE and PSU exam? I am a 3rd year student from Applied electronics and instrumentation engineering
  15. Difference between Electronics and Communication Engineering and electronics Control Engineering? What are the job prospects?
  16. How to prepare for GATE entrance exam? I am a student of electronics and communication engineering of 3rd semester
  17. Reference books for GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering student? Training institute which provides GATE training in Coimbatore?
  18. Information on CDAC course after B.E (CSE)? -- [Most Discussed]
26th May 2013, 01:59 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write electronics and communication GATE exam if I am a Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering student

Yes, you can apply for GATE (ECE) though you are a engineering graduate in E & I. Instrumentation Engineering is another suitable stream that you can apply in GATE. There are no age limitations. One can attend the test any number of times. The exam is usually conducted in the month of February.
26th May 2013, 06:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write electronics and communication GATE exam if I am a Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am an electronics and instrumentation engneering student, can i write electronics and communication gate exam

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.There is no marks criteria.

Quote:
Yes , EIE candidate are applicable to attend in GATE exam in ECE background
There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.GATE score is valid for TWO years.3rd year student are NOT eligible for GATE exam.

Patern of GATE exam -
The GATE examination consists of a single paper of 3 hours time. The question paper consists of only objective type questions. Each question will have four choices for the answer. Only one choice is correct

List of the Best Books for GATE exam for ECE :-

GATE 2013: Electronics And Communication Engineering
by G K
Publisher: G.k. Publishers

A Complete Guide to The GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering
by Trishna Knowledge Systems
Publisher: Pearson

GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2013: Electronics & Communication Engineering
by Prem R Chadha, Aditya Chadha, Saumya Chadha
Publisher: Galgotia Publications Pvt Ltd

GATE Electronics And Communication Engineering Solved Papers (2012-2000)
Author: Manish Purbey
Publisher: Arihant Publicatons I Pvt Ltd (2012)

Practise book for GATE: EC Electronics & Communication Engineering 2013 (Volume - 1)
by Made Easy
Publisher: Made Easy Publications
27th May 2013, 02:13 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering.

Exactly, you are preferable for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

The educational qualifications regarding with Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering are below mentioned:-

# Candidates must have finished their bachelor degree in Technology/ Architecture/Design/Engineering from any approved institution.

# Candidates must have finished their master degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Science/Computer Applications from any approved institution.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

# Age criteria:- Not assumed.

# No. of attempts:- Not assumed.

# Candidates of last year of bachelor degree are also preferable for this exam.

Thanks.
27th May 2013, 06:21 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can I write electronics and communication GATE exam if I am a Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Dear Friend,

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .

Yes , off Course Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering students eligible for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering exam....

If you have Bachelor degree in engineering/Technology/Architecture OR Master degree holder in any branch of science/mathematics/statics/computer application then you are eligible for GATE Exam.

Final years students also eligible for gate exam. There is no marks criteria....

There is no age limit....

There is on number of attempts for appearing in GATE....

GATE score is valid for 2 years....

Citizenship of India....

Exam Pattern :-

List of Top Books

GATE Papers: Electronics And Communication Engineering Solved Paper
by
Gate
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2011)

GATE 2012: General Aptitude & Mathematics
by
Gate
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2010)

GATE Paper : Electronics And Communication Engineering
by
Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2011)

13th August 2013, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

if i write gate exam in instrumentation but want to join ece ,what is formula to get into ece if i get some X rank in instrumentation???
1st October 2014, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Can i write mathematics paper if i have gratuated from electronics and instrumention engg..
15th November 2014, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

I'm a telecommunication Engg student
Can I write instrumentation paper in gate ?
9th September 2019, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

I am an ECE graduate. This year, I am planning to give GATE in instrumentation branch. Will it affect my selection in PSUs?
24th August 2020, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Whichpaper of GATE should a instrumentation and control engineering student appear?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?