1st July 2011, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Can a student of commerce background do MCA?

shall a student of commerce background can do MCA ? PLease tell me is it possible

2nd July 2011, 02:20 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a student of commerce background do MCA?

Yes you can go in for computer application after pursuing commerce field. If you plan to go for MCA, Maths should have been of the subjects in 12th standard. Most institutes also insist that the candidates should have pursued maths in first year of graduation. So if you fulfill this condition then you can apply for this course. You need to appear for the entrance exams too.
2nd July 2011, 02:25 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,

You can do MCA.
A commerce can take admission in MCA college.

To take admission in MCA college you have to pass BCA course first.

After BCA you can take admission in MCA.

Study hard for admission in MCA if you have passed BCA.

best of luck.
2nd July 2011, 05:48 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No, my friend you can not do MCA after completing your graduation in commerce field..
MCA means master of computer application, it is a specialization in computer application.. if you don't know a subject then how could you get a master degree on that subject..
If you really want to go for MCA then you have to first complete your graduation in computer application..
After doing BCA you can apply for MCA through entrance exams like JECA.
now you decide what you want to do..
all the best..
2nd July 2011, 05:46 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
shall a student of commerce background can do MCA ? PLease tell me is it possible
Yes, Definitely !

Commerce Students Are Also Eligible To Apply for MCA Course. But to get admission In MCA Course You need to complete your Graduation from a Recognised University.

But The Eligiblity Criteria Are Vary From Colleges To Colleges.

But If You want To Get Admission In Top MCA Colleges, then For this You Have to Apply for NIMCET, AIMCET (JAM) Examination, Only then you will get admission in Top MCA Colleges like IIT's And NIT's.

And To Apply For these Examination You need to complete you graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with Maths as a Compulsory Subjects in your 12Th Examination.

But If you dont have Maths in Your Intermediate Examination, Then Also You will Get Admission in This Course But You have to Study any one of the subjects in your Graduation - Mathematics, Statistics, Business Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science, Business Statistics, Computational Mathematics, Elementary Mathematics Or Elementary Statistics.

Many Colleges will Give You direct admission in this course If you have scored good Marks in Your Graduation, If You are Interested to take admission direct then Lovely professional University Is The Best University, After Graduation You will get Direct Admission in This University.

But To Apply for Top Colleges, you have to Passed in your Graduation and You have study Maths in your 12Th Examination With at least 60% Marks. And If you want to get More details Then please check the Top MCA Colleges Websites.
2nd July 2011, 06:52 PM
raja badam

One who studied in 12th level maths and graduation is any back ground are eligible for to do MCA.

If you did not studied in maths in your 12th level also eligible for MCA when you completed your graduation from any mathematics back ground.

Entrance exams for MCA in state level is ICET for Andhrapradesh.

If you want to do in National level colleges you have to write exam of NIMCET,AIMCET(JAM)etc.

If you want to write any famous colleges entrance exam you have scored at least 60% mark in 12TH examination.

and another exams of MCA are

MAH-MCA entrance test(Maharastra)

VITMEE and more..

all the best for you...
2nd July 2011, 08:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

you are eligible if in graduation , you have to completed any of these subject with 100 marks.

math,stat,computer.

i think in commerce graduation you have not completed any math related subject.

so you are not eligible for MCA programme.

thanks
2nd July 2011, 08:35 PM
mundhra
Member+

yes definitely you can but you have to complete your beachelor course first and then you can apply for it.and second most important thing is that you should know mathematics because it requires it
2nd July 2011, 09:37 PM
Sachin Narayan

The eligibility criteria for MCA is:

1. A student should have mathematics at his/her 10+2 level to pursue MCA at post graduate level.

OR

2. A student should have BCA at graduation level to pursue MCA at post graduate level.

If you fulfill the abovesaid criteria then surely you are eligible to pursue MCA at post graduation.

For getting top colleges nationwide you can appear in exams like NIMCET.

Besides this you can appear in state exams also to pursue MCA.
2nd July 2011, 11:54 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Yes,you can do MCA course after your graduation course in Commerce stream.

You can get admission in MCA colleges by appearing in entrance exam.
If you get good rank in AIMCET OR some other entrance exam,then only you can get admission in IIT's or NIT's
2nd July 2011, 11:58 PM
naveen7777

Quote:
Yes ofcourse sir you can apply for mca but first you have to complete your graduation then choose mca further because there are many colleges who have such condition available there are many so be positive
3rd July 2011, 12:20 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes,absolutely !!!

You are eligible to apply for M.C.A Course.For this course the candidate should have a graduate degree in any recognized university or Equivalent Qualification.

And the candidate must secure at least 50-60% marks in their graduation.

But the eligibility criteria is differ from College to College.

IF you want to appear any entrance exam for M.C.A Course,the candidate Should have a graduate degree and the candidate must studied Maths or Business Maths in their 12th Level.

Many Top College offering the M.C.A Course.If you want to get admission in top college then try to score more marks in their examination.

Top M.C.A College in India :-

University of Delhi

Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad

Indian Institute of Technology,Roorkee

Indian Institute of Technology,Bombay

National Institute of Technology Thruchirappalli

Anna University

Punjab University

PSG College of Technology

University of Rajasthan
7th July 2011, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

Dear friend ,

I have done my BCA and now I want to go for MCA ,There are three version as MCa mgmt,mca science and mca commerce,
which will be suitable for me coz I am intersted for mca commerce.
I have passed 10 2 with mathematics i.e. with science stream.
11th August 2011, 07:38 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

hi.
dear.

Yes, Definitely !

Commerce Students Are Also Eligible To Apply for MCA Course. But to get admission In MCA Course You need to complete your Graduation from a Recognised University.

But The Eligiblity Criteria Are Vary From Colleges To Colleges.

But If You want To Get Admission In Top MCA Colleges, then For this You Have to Apply for NIMCET, AIMCET (JAM) Examination, Only then you will get admission in Top MCA Colleges like IIT's And NIT's.

And To Apply For these Examination You need to complete you graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with Maths as a Compulsory Subjects in your 12Th Examination.

But If you dont have Maths in Your Intermediate Examination, Then Also You will Get Admission in This Course But You have to Study any one of the subjects in your Graduation - Mathematics, Statistics, Business Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science, Business Statistics, Computational Mathematics, Elementary Mathematics Or Elementary Statistics.

Many Colleges will Give You direct admission in this course If you have scored good Marks in Your Graduation, If You are Interested to take admission direct then Lovely professional University Is The Best University, After Graduation You will get Direct Admission in This University.

But To Apply for Top Colleges, you have to Passed in your Graduation and You have study Maths in your 12Th Examination With at least 60% Marks. And If you want to get More details Then please check the Top MCA Colleges Websites.
best of luck
15th November 2011, 11:30 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello

Yes you can go in for computer application after pursuing commerce field. If you plan to go for MCA, Maths should have been of the subjects in 12th standard. Most institutes also insist that the candidates should have pursued maths in first year of graduation. So if you fulfill this condition then you can apply for this course. You need to appear for the entrance exams too.
8th January 2012, 03:55 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
After commerce you want to do Computer application that is M.C.A.
For this you have to pass 12th class with maths subject also.
If you have maths in 12th class then you are eligible for M.C.A.

There are many top university offering M.C.A course like:-
> DELHI UNIVERSITY
> KOLKATA UNIVERSITY
> I.P UNIVERSITY
> I.I.T KHARAGPUR
> N.I.T WARNGLA
> MANIPAL UNIVERSITY
> S.R.M UNIVERSITY
etc

ALL THE BEST!
30th April 2012, 01:22 PM
onest

3rd May 2012, 07:46 PM
monisha_sarabhai

Dear friend,

List out the top colleges of Mumbai for B.Com course:-

L.S. Raheja College of Arts & Commerce
Juhu Road, Santa Cruz (West), Mumbai – 400 054
Office Tel.: 2660 9320
BMS : 2660 7391
Personal : 02230 926003
Fax : 2660 6806
E-mail : [email protected]

Lala Lajpat Rai College of Comm. & Economics
Lala Lajpat Rai Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 034, India.
Tel.: 2492 2898 / 2498 0874
Fax: 2498 0877
Email: [email protected]

L.U.Jhaveri College of Arts,
M.V.College of Sci. & Comm
Dr. S.Radhakrishnan Marg,
Andheri (E), Mumbai-69

Mulund College of Commerce
S.N. Road,
Mulund (West),
Mumbai - 400080.
Phone : +91 - 22 - 5600017, 25647835,25650257

M.L. Dahanukar College of Commerce
Dixit Road, Opp Parle Sathye College,
Vile Parle E,Mumbai – 400057
Tel: +(91)-(22)-26183614,26179580,26136748

Om Vidyalankar Shikshan
SansthaAsmita College of
Arts & Commrece
Kannamwar Nagar No. 2,
Vikroli (E), Mumbai- 83
Tel: +(91)-(22)-25782466

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?