9th November 2010, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Can't Concentrate on GATE preparation

Upto now i didn't prepare anything and i joined in ace engineering academy,,,and from today i am going to start my syllabus....but when i am touching the books, a doubt is arising in my mind ..., that, shall i able to complete all the total syllabus ? and that question is stopping my preparation......... what i hav to do ?

and i have the capability to read 10 hrs daily......how i will succeed ?

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for GATE Exam for EE while working? What subjects to concentrate and how to start preparation for this exam?
  2. How to concentrate on my studies for GATE?
  3. How should I prepare for upcoming GATE Exam? Which subjects should I concentrate more for this?
  4. Should I concentrate more on Theory to prepare for TANCET-ME?
  5. Books to be followed for GATE exam? Topics on which I should concentrate more?
  6. How to manage time to prepare for GATE along with preparation of semester's exam? Study materials for preparation? -- [New]
  7. Which topics should I concentrate on for GATE exam? I am from ECE branch
  8. What should I concentrate more on, GATE or TOEFL? Procedure to be followed?
  9. How much time one should devote for GATE preparation? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How to prepare for ISRO exam? Previous year question papers of ISRO for ECE?
  11. Last 10 years question papers of GATE ECE? On which areas should I concentrate more?
  12. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  13. Books to be followed to prepare for GATE exam? When to start preparing for it? Topics on which I should concentrate more?
  14. How to prepare for GATE after finishing 3rd year of engineering? Should I join any institute in Bangalore for GATE preparation?
  15. Which are the best coaching institutes for GATE preparation for Electronics Stream?
  16. When should I start the Gate preparation while I have completed B.E ECE 4th semester?
  17. Which books to refer for GATE ECE preparation?
  18. Tips and tricks to be followed for GATE exam?
9th November 2010, 06:19 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Can't Concentrate on GATE preparation

dear friend
its depend on you how much time you reading but if you read anything then it should be read basically.from today more time for gate preparation.That's why you try not remember anything you should clear it basically.And written all things which is the main point on the paper.
good luck..............
9th November 2010, 06:25 PM
chandana Reddy

Default Re: Can't Concentrate on GATE preparation

hi...
if you are finding it difficult to study then probably you can do combined studies with your friends which will help you learn the things...and you can do yogasana which will help you in increasing your concentration...

good luck
9th November 2010, 07:51 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

try to clear your concept on already read topics . dont try to do some extra . just focus on selected topics and dont try to read so much in this crucial time . as it can damage your thinking skill . be cool and calm and dont take tension. good luck
10th November 2010, 11:27 AM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can't Concentrate on GATE preparation

dear friend,

You have no enough time to cover the syllabus of GATE, so you should concentrate the topics which you have read previous & revise it many time to clear your concepts.

& you should also try to solve the previous year paper of GATE and along with it you should join any test series & their discussion classes which enhance your knowledge about GATE pattern.

You can also cover the aptitude section in GATE which is of 10 marks weightage.

good luck.
15th March 2011, 09:52 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Don't develop that pessimistic behavior. Be optimistic.

Have a strong goal in mind that at any way you have to crack the exam.

If you have that goal in mind, obviously it lets you to put efforts in that direction.

Imagine yourself enjoying the benefits by cracking the GATE exam.

After this,All that you need is good preparation.

Wish you good luck
15th March 2011, 09:55 PM
noddy11

hello friend,

You have no enough time to cover the syllabus of GATE, so you should concentrate the topics which you have read previous & revise it many time to clear your concepts.

& you should also try to solve the previous year paper of GATE and along with it you should join any test series & their discussion classes which enhance your knowledge about GATE pattern.

good luck.
15th March 2011, 10:24 PM
professor.singh

hello,

Its a GATE exam preparation you need not completely engulf whole book you just need to gather you strong and already topics and brush them up.

these exams have negative marking system and studying small but hardcore will definately you through. as time is less and you have to prepare, go for only those topics which you have already studied.

you need not worry so much about how to prepare for the GATE exam ahead.
calm down and try taking a book and just give it a start without distracting mind as soon as you have completed your one topic all the tension will go away.
ALL THE BEST.
16th March 2011, 12:05 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Can't Concentrate on GATE preparation -

If You Are Really Interested To Crack the GATE Examination, then Please Dont Think Negative, That You Are Be Able To Complete Your Syllabus Or Not.

If You Think Negative, then You Never Crack Any Exams In Your Life.

So, Think Positive, Keep Mentain Your Concentration On Your Syllabus And Complete Your Syllabus Of GATE Exams On Time, So that You Will Be Able To Revise That Syllabus.

After Completing Syllabus, Please Try to Solve Previous Year GATE Exams Papers, Only Then You Will Be Able To Crack the GATE Entrance Exams Paper.

So, Please Dont Think Negative, And Believe That You Can Do It, Only Then You Will Be Able To Crack The GATE Entrance Exams. Please Try To Concentrate In Your Study, Work Hard, Study According to the Syllabus, To Crack The GATE Exam.
16th March 2011, 12:58 AM
wiki_kumar

"Concentration and mental toughness are the margins of victory"

sometimes it happens that we lose our concentration but you must remember that you can not afford to loose your concentration.

You need to concentrate on your studies if you want to a successful person in future.

Whenever you loose your concentration , think of the time you will get a good score in GATE and you will be opting for best collage for your MTech this thought will definitely inspire you.

Self Inspiration is the best tool you can use to fight Distractions and Depression of such kind .

Focus ! Focus ! Focus !
best of luck for your exams !!
16th March 2011, 07:30 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi..
if you are trying to prepare for the gate 2011 exam then you have lots of time ,
just take it easy right now and start preparing slowly,
dont try to study for 10 hours from the day 1 itself,
try to increase the time spend on the gate syllabus daily by 15 minutes,
also its very tough to to concentrate for long durations continuously on the preparation,
its better to take an break after every one hour,
in that way your brain will get refreshed,also try to sleep for more than 8 hours daily,because sleep is very important to keep your mind fresh,
16th March 2011, 08:16 AM
lakshmiharathi.kota
Member+

Imagine yourself enjoying the benefits and good results of GATE exam.
If you are really interested to crack exam concentrate on your syllabus.
practice and solve previous question papers.
Believe in Yourself that you can do it and crack the exam.
work hard at early in the morning, take good diet ,take milk daily and avoid oil and fatty food.
All The Best
16th March 2011, 09:13 AM
Niklesh92

Hey dont worry yaar...be confident, cool and prepare as much as u can rest vll c l8r...k so prepare well..ull surely succeed..all d best..
16th March 2011, 10:53 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

well i know it happen to all sometimes that they don't able to concentrate on studies.

so as you are preparing for gate so i hope you should know where you want to take your
life . if you don't want to do GATE or you want to do job .if you want to do job go for
it there is no age limit for gate you can give it again later when you feel that you need
to do higher education .

this is best thing which most if students do i their career after studying for so many
years no one wants to study any further so i would suggest you to go for JOB and
whenever you will feels like that you want to study then you can come back again to
studies .

this will help you a lot this will give you confidence and also experience.you will know
yourself more better .
16th March 2011, 02:12 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)How to Concentrate on GATE Exam ?

-->Always have a positive concentration(your positive thinking is 10 hours studies per day) ,that i can Finish Every Topic

-->Since you have joined the Course , you will feel better,they give Good Notes,that will help you very Much for your Studies

-->If you Study for One hour also, Study with full Concentration,keep the mobile phone away for one Hour

-->Study according to the Syllabus,what every they teach in the Academy,try to go through once after you reached home, Morning do the Revision with out Fail.

-->If you are dedicated towards your work,you mind won't distract, i think you are not concentrating on the Subject , you are disturbed by others Things through it away.

-->Don't ask Advice to many of them,you cannot take right Decision and you will get Confused what points to take?

-->I think you are Clear Now,Hope here after you well concentrate well and you should Upload that i got selected in GATE Exam

God Bless you
16th March 2011, 02:50 PM
Shine_14

Do not think negatively my friend,
All you have to do is study hard, first you should make your concept better because if you do so you will better understand the subject also this will help you selecting the right method for solving the problem.
Overall when you think you can confidently do the questions you can definitely clear all the subjects only do not panic.
Also you can do group study also
I suggest you study hard and do not think about other things like syllabus or completion of course,
As you have joined a institute for that you will definitely complete the course
The only thing you should do is to give it your best.
17th March 2011, 07:57 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

To concentrate in Gate Preparation

you need to have the following qualities in you.

they are.

->you should have a strong will regarding the exam.

->dedicated preparation will increase your chances to get placed in IIT's

->you imagine your self as a topper.

->work hard to get that position.

->believe that this is the life time opportunity.

->keep your body and mind fit

all the best for your preparation next time

~aditya~
2nd April 2011, 05:14 PM
Revathy GM

Dear Friend

Cover all technical subjects in your department. learn formulas, short hints, circuits, probability . Revise what you learn . Learn aptitude, Some english portions( Synonyms, antonyms)
Learn at least one hour daily with dedication

All the best
12th June 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

hey guys... plz help me out f my problem... i m a pass out of this year and have got a campus at vedanta resources..... i may be gettin the joinin within a month... i cant be able to find much time for my gate preparations... so plz plz suggest me ideas to maintain my work n studies so dat i can crack the gate next year.... plz mail me at [email protected]........ i m a student of mech engg
plz suggest me gud books n topics which are important!!!!!!!!!!
17th October 2011, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

sir i cant understand anything in gate coaching plzz tell me sir i am a student from ece
29th February 2012, 10:17 PM
puchu007

5th June 2012, 01:35 AM
mnbgvs

GATE is an all India test. The test is carried out jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology for admission to Masters in Technology (M.Tech) post graduate program.

Eligibility Criteria :

The following categories of applicants are qualified to appear for GATE :
Candidate in second year or more than from it in the Integrated Master’s degree course (i.e Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology .
Candidates with eligibilities got through tests carried out by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.
Post graduates in Science/statistics/maths/computer application or applicants who are in the last year of these courses

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?