7th October 2010, 11:33 AM
shivaparvanda

Career in Infosys for non-technicals? How to get decent income and job satisfaction?

I have got a job in Infosys just after completing my graduation, this year (2010) .
I truely dont know any coding or programming.
They just conducted an aptitude test.
The interview was non-tech.
So, my question is what options do I have in future?
My interests are playing Chess , Basketball , net surfing and reading about VLSI.
I want to make a bright career irrespective of the field I get in.
Kindly suggest a path ahead which will enable me to get a decent income along with job satisfaction.

7th October 2010, 09:37 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Default Re: Career in Infosys for non-technicals? How to get decent income and job satisfaction?

you said that you knew the basic about VLSI, you can start a small Project center with your friends or join to any higher courses in VLSI , get different Ideas and start doing for the Company and be some thing different friends, Success is yours. take care
8th October 2010, 11:19 AM
Rupender verma

Default Re: Career in Infosys for non-technicals? How to get decent income and job satisfaction?

Infosys is that company where everyone wants placement & you are selected there & you have option that you can join higher courses in VLSI & something new for the company,you should definately succeed.
Good Luck.
10th October 2010, 12:28 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Infosys is considered as no 1 company choice for students as their working environment and pay scale is just great.

I would suggest you that you join some course which will teach you about the coding. Surely you must be knowing about the coding part but you may not be that good in it. So you can take up some courses available in renowed institutes like NIIT,Jetking etc

You can even ask infosys support team about this issue if you are not good at programming what are the chances etc

So give it a try
10th October 2010, 12:42 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

you dont get confuse and continue with your job because infosys is the comkpany of high status and high salary.do not leave you do java and other necessary language for the infosys all the best.
10th October 2010, 08:29 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Since you have cleared the test conducted by Infosys you are a bright student. Do not underestimate your capabilities. Since you are not confident in technical part you could join in for some courses. Also once you join Infosys they conduct a thorough training. Through the training you will get exposure to the various kinds of task. May be you could ask for a profile suiting you after the training.
20th July 2011, 11:02 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Career in Infosys for non-technicals? How to get decent income and job satisfaction?

Dear friend yes you can surely join Infosys .........

In this company too much seat for Non-technical ,because for accountancy or something different work there is no required technical man ...

that's why you must join this company without technical degree.....

best of luck for job.............
28th May 2017, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing a technical degree but I have no more interest rather cannot handle the coding stuff so am I allowed to apply for a non technical job??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?