8th March 2017, 12:11 PM
nsmaan

Which caste to mention in application form if it's mentioned different in central and state?

Sir/Mam, I belong to UP and my CAST belong to OBC in State. But in Centre my CAST Belong to UR. Can I fill OBC in application? Or how I will take benefit of OBC quota in State quota. It will be helpful if you can provide me the details soon.

Regards

11th March 2017, 05:01 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which caste to mention in application form if it's mentioned different in central and state?

If you belong to OBC caste category kindly make proper caste certificate which is valid both in state and center government.
>> If you have registered caste certificate from District magistrate this would be valid both in state and center government.
>> Benefit of OBC quota can only be obtained if your certificate is registered online at up.nic.in

Documents needed for valid caste certificate
>> Affidavit attested by oath commissioner .
>> Councillor/ warden head regarding caste certificate
>> Copy of ration card.

*** Visit edistrict.up.nic.in to apply online for certificate and choose option caste certificate.
*** Fill the application form as per required after filling all correct details.
*** You need to submit the print of application at mentioned address on website.
12th March 2017, 06:27 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which caste to mention in application form if it's mentioned different in central and state?

As far as you are concerned about the selection of your category while applying for any job or admissions being belonging to different categories as per state and Central government list then the selection of option depends upon the kind of application you are applying for as discussed below :-

If you are applying for any Central government jobs like any UPSC examination or any national level examinations like JEE, NEET etc. then you will have to go for the option of UR ( unreserved ) category as provided in Central Government list.

Where as in case you are applying for any State government jobs like State PSC or State TET or any state level examinations like State CET. State EEE etc. then you can go with the option of OBC category as provided by your concerned state.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?