7th February 2017, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NEET and AIIMS after studying biology?

I have completed my intermediate with PCM in 2012. I have got 68% but in physics only 58 after that I have completed biology additional subject in 2015. Am I eligible for NEET and AIIMS 2017. Please tell me sooner.

7th February 2017, 06:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NEET and AIIMS after studying biology?

If you have physics, chemistry and biology subjects mentioned in your 12th mark sheet, then surely you can apply for NEET without any doubt. Just make sure you have 50% marks in this stream.

Admission in medical colleges is based on the performance in the NEET. For admission at AIIMS, you need to appear for separate entrance exam.
7th February 2017, 06:48 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in NEET and AIIMS examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a recognised board. The minimum age required to appear in these examinations is 17 years as on 31st December of the year of examination. Since, you have completed your 12th standard with PCM stream and Biology as an additional subject, you are not eligible to appear in NEET and AIIMS examinations.
7th February 2017, 08:29 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible for NEET and AIIMS after the completion of class 12th studying Science stream in class 12th with Biology as a subject, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in Science stream studying Physics, Chemistry and Biology with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are definitely eligible for NEET and AIIMS examination.
7th February 2017, 09:16 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Below, I have mentioned the eligibility for the above mentioned examinations and if you fulfill he minimum criteria, you will be most eligible to allowed to opt for the examination eligibility:

> You need to be a citizen of India.

> You need to be a higher secondary passed out candidate from a recognized board to give this exam

> You should have studied physics, chemistry and biology as compulsory subject in 10+2 level to sit for this exam since it is for science students only

> At 10+2 level you should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in your PCB.

> Your minimum age should be 17 years when applying for this exam.

> There is an upper age limit of upto 5 years for the reserved category candidates.

> You will be allowed to give this exam for 3 times only.
7th February 2017, 09:42 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely a candidate who has completed intermediate with Biology is eligible to appear in NEET and AIIMS entrance exam. As you have completed your intermidiate with Biology as a additional subject in 2015 so you are eligible to appear in this entrance exam but you have to take care of your age and minimum age required to appear in this entrance exam is 17 and maximum should not exceed 25 years. Relaxation in upper age limit is provided to the candidates of reserved categories.
7th February 2017, 09:45 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for NEET and AIIMS after Studying Biology:-

A candidate must have passed class XII with the subject of physics, chemistry and Biology from a recognised board.

The minimum percentage should not be less than 50% for a General categories and 45% for reserved categories .

Age limit should be between 17 to 25 years and relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved category as per rules.
7th February 2017, 11:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my intermediate with PCM in 2012. I have got 68% but in physics only 58 after that I have completed biology additional subject in 2015. Am I eligible for NEET and AIIMS 2017. Please tell me sooner.
Yes, you are eligible for NEET and AIIMS entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET and AIIMS exam. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Your minimum age should be 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?