3rd December 2010, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Which company should I prefer with 7.5 CGPA in 3rd year?

Hi i am B-Tech electronics and instrumentation engg candidate of 3rd year having 7.5 cgpa which company should i prefer ?

Related Questions:
  1. How much CGPA do I need in 3rd year of B.Tech so that I can get placed? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to get job in MNC company after 10th with 56%, 12th with 75% and 6.5 CGPA till 3rd year?
  3. How may I do Internship in Networking company like Siemens, Alcatel? I'm 3rd year student of ECE and recently completed my training in CCNA and having 8.2/10 CGPA
  4. How to get a good placement in a core company? Any chance to get placed with CGPA of 7.8?
  5. Can I get a job in core company after securing less than 60% in B.Tech?
  6. List of companies offering Internship during summer vacation in Delhi and Gurgaon for CSE 3rd year student?
  7. For which company will I be eligible after scoring 5.3 CGPA
  8. Which software company should I apply? I have completed B.Tech this year with CGPA of 7.7
  9. Can I appear for GATE and PSU if I score 6.8 CGPA while in 3rd year electrical engineering? Are there any other options for me?
  10. How to join core companies after doing 3rd year mechanical engineering?
  11. Got 7.1 CGPA score : Am I eligible for TCS test? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Procedure to get scholarship after 9.2 CGPA in 10th class and currently pursing B.Com 3rd year?
  13. Possibility to study MS(Architecture) in Abroad for Civil 3rd year student with 7 CGPA?
  14. Details of Mechanical jobs other than designing in core companies after Mechanical engineering with CGPA 8?
  15. Is it possible to get job in good company like TCS if I have 8 CGPA?
  16. Am I eligible to join Wipro having secured 53% in 10th, 62% in 12th and 7 CGPA in B.Tech being a 3rd year student?
  17. Am I eligible to do MS in USA after scoring 75% in 12th and 10th? I am doing B.Tech 3rd year with 6.5 CGPA
  18. Does it really matter to have good CGPA for getting job in private MNC companies?

4th December 2010, 09:43 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which company should I prefer with 7.5 CGPA in 3rd year?

You can apply for almost all companies whether it is private companies or Government companies...

private companies almost ask for 60% and top companies ask for 70% and same for government companies

don't see the percentage criteria they are asking since you are eligible for all companies so you just see your work of interest and apply...........

4th December 2010, 10:02 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,
You have not a bad percentage in UG,75% is good percentage for job.
You didn't maintion your other percentage like 10,10+2...
If you have almost same percentage in 10 and 10+2 exem then you are eligible for any MNC conpanies...

4th December 2010, 11:56 AM
ramakant sharma

hi dear as your cgpa is 7.5 you are eligible for each organisation either private or government now it also depends upon your 10th, 12th percentage that whether you are eligible to sit in written exam or not

there are various sector in which you can goon the besis of such cgpa

YOU may go in it sector company like Infosys, Accenture, Tcs ,Microsoft,Google, Yahoo, Ibm cdc, impetus,beans,csc,capegeminy, parot system, patni computer, disney world etc and also many more

YOU can go in core sector like BEL, samsung,heg, lg, crompton greaves,ashoka leayland, bhel,etc.

now it depends upon your choice which sector you want to go

4th December 2010, 12:59 PM
saswata06

You should 1st prepare well for the last year and concentrate in ur studies.There are a no of good companies offering job in the discipline you have.

4th December 2010, 01:15 PM
ch haritha

cgpa doesnt matters to choose a company to work.attempt all the oppurtunities u get, out of all the options u bag automatically u will find thecompany which fits for u with good salary and good development

15th January 2011, 10:22 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Your CGPA is good. you can give exam for the TCS, ARICENT, TATA STEEL, WIPRO, HCL, etc. i wish you will get a good job in a big company.
all the best.

2nd February 2011, 10:11 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

prefer with 7.5 CGPA in 3rd year
You have not a bad percentage in UG,75% is good percentage for job.
You didn't maintion your other percentage like 10,10+2...
If you have almost same percentage in 10 and 10+2 exem then you are eligible for any MNC conpanies...

good luck

15th February 2011, 10:50 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me -

You can apply for almost all companies whether it is private companies or Government companies...

private companies almost ask for 60% and top companies ask for 70% and same for government companies

don't see the percentage criteria they are asking since you are eligible for all companies so you just see your work of interest and apply...........
Thanks.
All the best.

13th March 2011, 12:08 PM
nilu143

Smile Re: Which company should I prefer with 7.5 CGPA in 3rd year?

Dear frnd as u have a CGPA of 7.5 i assume u must be having a strong academic record...during ur Intermediate level u must have secured 70% or above .
As far as i know u r eligible for any top company(public/private).U can apply in TCS,Infy,Wipro,HCL,Mahindra,Accenture,IBM & many more....
Gud luck

18th March 2011, 02:37 PM
2cuteforuh21
Junior Member+

11th September 2011, 02:07 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

first of all i would like to congrats you about your nice cgpa.

see the minimum requirement of cgpa for the different companies related to the electronics and instrumention engineering is about 7.0
and you have more than 7.5.

so you can apply for the core companies which offers placement to your branch in the campus interview.
you can also apply for the different private companies in the electronics sector like oracle , infosys , etc.
and also you can try in the government companies like bsnl

if you are not interested in the campus jobs then you can apply online for the off campus jobs.
just decide for which company you are going to apply the off campus job.
and after that obtain the application form from the official website of that particular company which you have selected.

thanks and best luck

12th September 2011, 06:56 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Which company should I prefer with 7.5 CGPA in 3rd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi i am B-Tech electronics and instrumentation engg candidate of 3rd year having 7.5 cgpa which company should i prefer ?

A CGPA of 7.5 is very good and you are eligible to apply for almost all instrumentation companies..whichever you like provided you have a decent percentage in 10th and 12th also..i.e above 60%

here is a list of some companies which are really good and you can apply for any company you like..

• National Instruments

• ABB

• Larsen & Toubro

• Bosch

• Invensys

• GE

• Suzlon

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"

14th September 2011, 01:31 AM
saugata2008

As you have 7.5 CGPA that means your percentage marks 71.75% which is a good percentage .Most of the good MNCs requires 60% throughout the academic carrier .so if you have at least 60% in 10th and 12th ,you are eligible for companies like - TCS,CTS,L&T,ABB,Suzlon etc.
You can also apply for the Govt. sector if you can maintain your percentage till the end .
Name of some Govt. sectors -

ISRO
SAIL
DRDO
BHEL
ECIL
ONGC
IOCL

Thank you

12th October 2011, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

would u don't mine,can anybody tell me in which company i can apply for job.my marks as 10th-55%,12-65.9%,b.tech<cse>-cgpa 7.5

12th October 2011, 11:16 PM
rishavmahajan

Hi,

you do not worry about your CGPA , though you have a very good CGPA.
Because CGPA hardly matters , it is only required for fulfillment of criteria fixed by the company. They just check your inner confidence and abilities to solve problems.

So, you proceed further and apply in any company you like that suits you best.

All the Best.

Thanks & Regards

13th October 2011, 12:30 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which company should I prefer with 7.5 CGPA in 3rd year?

Quote:

Which company should I prefer with 7.5 CGPA in 3rd year?

You have got enough marks because today almost every company need atleast 60% or 6.5 CGPA and you have got more than that. You can however fail to clear eligibility criteria for some companies ,if you have less than 60% marks in class 10th or 12th as some well-known companies like-Infosys,Wipro e.t.c need atleast 60% Throughout your career.

So if you have got more than 60% in class 12th and 10th ,then you are eligible for applying in all companies.Wheter it is private or Governmental.

Please give preference to the company which has better reputation in market and according to you will be best for you.You can take the help of seniors and parents.

With Regards
rchauhan294

13th October 2011, 10:12 AM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

Dear friend,

As you have 7.5 CGPA that means your percentage marks 71.75% which is a good percentage .Most of the good MNCs requires 60% throughout the academic carrier .so if you have at least 60% in 10th and 12th ,you are eligible for companies like - TCS,CTS,L&T,ABB,Suzlon etc.
You can also apply for the Govt. sector if you can maintain your percentage till the end .
Name of some Govt. sectors -

ISRO
SAIL
DRDO
BHEL
ECIL
ONGC
IOCL

good luck

10th November 2011, 04:09 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello friend

as your cgpa is 7.5 you are eligible for every organisation either private or government now it also depends upon your 10th, 12th percentage that whether you are eligible to sit in written exam or not

there are various sector in which you can try securing such a cgpa

YOU may go in IT sector company like Infosys, Accenture, Tcs ,Microsoft,Google, Yahoo, IBM cdc, impetus,beans,csc,capegeminy, parot system, patni computer, disney world etc and also many more

YOU can go in core sector like BEL, samsung,heg, lg, crompton greaves,ashoka leayland, bhel,etc.
ALL THE BEST

10th November 2011, 04:20 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello friend

as your cgpa is 7.5 you are eligible for every organisation either private or government now it also depends upon your 10th, 12th percentage that whether you are eligible to sit in written exam or not

there are various sector in which you can try securing such a cgpa

YOU may go in IT sector company like Infosys, Accenture, Tcs ,Microsoft,Google, Yahoo, IBM cdc, impetus,beans,csc,capegeminy, parot system, patni computer, disney world etc and also many more

ALL THE BEST

15th November 2011, 06:58 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear sir,You can apply for almost all companies whether it is private companies or Government companies...
Thanks,

1st August 2012, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

i have 60% IN Mechanical engineering how much salary job i will get and name some companies

2nd April 2013, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

i am third year btech student i have cgpa 7.36 and scored 90.8% in class 10 and 84.6% in class 12 my branch is electrical engineering .
for which companies i am elgible ?

2nd April 2013, 10:53 PM
k chanchal
Member+

Quote:
Hello Aspirant,

Now it is time to concentrate on your study.First try to get good CGPA in your B.Tech degree.There will be chance of incampus selection in the 7th semester of your course.If you are selected in a reputed company with good salary package,you may join there in order to start your early job.If not you can prepare for GATE in order to get job in PSU or you can continue your study for M.Tech so that you can be a lecturer in any Engineering college.

You can also go for MBA after your B.Tech course so that you can have better job in corporate sector.You must analyse the different job profile in your stream & choose as per your choice.

Thanks & good luck.

chanchal...

28th August 2014, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

hai im studing 3 rd year electronics and instrumentation.after finishing my graduation.i wanna go to abroad for job.i need some tips to go as a fresher!

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?