8th April 2015, 08:08 PM
Rituroongta

Which is the correct Arts subjects combination for IAS exam?

I want my daughter to be an IAS officer and she has taken geography, history, pol.sc, eng, hindi and physcology as her subjects in class eleven. Please tell me if they are the correct choice. Also she wants to finish her high school in USA. If she only completes her last year of college in India and graduates from an Indian college can she still go for IAS?

8th April 2015, 11:08 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is the correct Arts subjects combination for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rituroongta View Post
I want my daughter to be an IAS officer and she has taken geography, history, pol.sc, eng, hindi and physcology as her subjects in class eleven. Please tell me if they are the correct choice. Also she wants to finish her high school in USA. If she only completes her last year of college in India and graduates from an Indian college can she still go for IAS?

Yeah she can apply for the IAS exam if she graduates in Indian university and she be a citizen of India. The IAS exam is one of the civil services exam conducted by UPSC and is held every year.

To apply for this exam the eligibility standards needed to be satisfied are:

Nationality:

-> Candidate should have a citizenship in India

Age Limit:

-> Age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category candidate.

-> There are relaxation which is allowed for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years

Educational Qualification:

-> The candidate applying should have completed a degree from a recognized university in any stream.

-> Even final year appearing candidate can apply for the exam.

If your daughter satisfies all these criteria's for the exam, then she can apply for IAS. There is nothing regarding the specific subjects which she need to study as every subject will be useful.

For more info regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?