30th August 2012, 05:56 PM
VaibhavRituraj

Which course is best for me in 12th after completing IAS exam

I want to complet IAS exam,so which course is bast for me in 12th.

1st September 2012, 01:44 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is best for me in 12th after completing IAS exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhavRituraj View Post
I want to complet IAS exam,so which course is bast for me in 12th.
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and to become IAS officer, you have to complete your Graduate degree course first and apply for the UPSC Examination.

You have to appear for the UPSC Civil services examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC, every year in 2 stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination and then you are eligible for Main examination. So if your aim is to become IAS Officer then please complete your Graduation and then apply for this examination.

You have to complete your Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university, So you can choose any stream in your Intermediate examination or even in Graduation.

You must have attained the age of 21 years and not more than 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

Notification published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website in the month of February. You have to fill the application form online only.

So please do one thing, just choose any subjects in your Intermediate examination as per your interest and after that complete your graduation and then you are become eligible for Civil services examination.

For more details you can check it from the official website:

http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st September 2012, 03:16 AM
shadab879

Hello,
There is no particular course for becoming eligible to be an IAS. IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service . There is a civil service exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to become an IAS officer. One must clear this exam with good rank to become an IAS officer. Depending on the rank in the exam one gets the posts like IAS, IPS, IFS etc.
The eligibility criterias for the civil service exam are:
#One must be a citizen of India
#One must be a graduate in any stream from any UGC recognised university with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
#One must lie between the age of 21-30 years, and 3 years and 5 years relaxation for OBC and SC/ST respectively.
You can get further details from the following website:
www.upsc.gov.in
So you just choose any stream of your choice and prepare well for the civil service exam and crack it. Best of luck.
1st September 2012, 07:44 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

hello dear,
if you want to compelet the IAS then you have to chose easier stream affter 10th so that you can compte the IAS .
you can take ARTS subject or COMMERCE subject in 12th to compelete it.because it is very tough course .
for giving the exam your age should be from 21 - 30 year for general
for obc your age should be 21 -33 year
while for sc/st your age should 21 - 35 year

the exam is coundected twice in a year
first in month of may/june
second in month of sep /oct

for any other in formation you may go through the link http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck
1st September 2012, 12:02 PM
Education15

You have to graduate for competing in IAS exam. Which course or stream you should join is just depends upon the subjects you have in your 12th standard. The thing you have to do is to take some coaching classes for IAS and start preparation from now, so that you can attain good rank.
7th January 2013, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is priya iam 12th std in bio group student . sir my dout is after 12th which course i havechoose it because i am a bio student if my ambition is ias so iam confusings so please answer in me for which group i choose it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?