23rd January 2012, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Are CPT and CA entrance exam same? If not how may I apply for CS separately?

I've cleared CPT (_attempt- dec'11) with 151 mks.
I've heard that it is equivalent to CS entrance. Is it true?
Or do I've to give it separately?
Coz they have changed the syllabus. Its gonna come into effect from this coming feb.
And how do I apply for the entrance?

14th March 2012, 02:57 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are CPT and CA entrance exam same? If not how may I apply for CS separately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've cleared CPT (_attempt- dec'11) with 151 mks.
I've heard that it is equivalent to CS entrance. Is it true?
Or do I've to give it separately?
Coz they have changed the syllabus. Its gonna come into effect from this coming feb.
And how do I apply for the entrance?
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India do not conduct any kind of entrance examination for admission into the company secretary course.
The course comprise of three programs:
  • Foundation Program
  • Executive Program
  • Professional Program
Now, qualifying the Common Proficiency Test, conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, do not make an individual to get exemption from any stages or the program of Company Secretary course.
So, irrespective of the marks secured in the Common Proficiency Test, if you are not a graduate, you will have to enroll for the Foundation Program of the Company Secretary course.
However if you are a graduate, then you will able to get exemption from the Foundation Program and will be eligible to directly enroll for the Executive Program.
For further information, you may contact your nearest regional Council of Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?