csir exam details:

SUBJECTS OF THE TEST

1. Chemical Sciences,
2. Earth Atmospheric Ocean and Planetary Sciences
3. Life Sciences
4. Mathematical Sciences
5. Physical Sciences

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION

M.Sc. or Equivalent degree minimum 55% marks for General & OBC candidates; 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and Ph.D. degree holders who had passed Master's degree prior to 19th September 1991.

AGE LIMIT& RELAXATION

For JRF (NET): Minimum 19 Years and maximum 28 years as on 01-07-2009 (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years as in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and
female applicants).

EXAMINATION CENTRES

Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur Roorkee, Srinagar,Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur and Varanasi.

for more details you can visit the below link:

http://ugcnetcsir.blogspot.com/

good luck...
6th May 2010, 08:59 PM
prakashbioc

Default Re: CSIR exam details in computer stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by upender View Post
plz send all details about csir computer science and engg
You can apply for the same and the application schedule is as same as the other streams like biology, physics and chemistry and other science streams. You can apply for the same by the coming June month application schedule for the forth coming December month exam schedule.
All the Best !!!!!!!!
26th May 2010, 07:40 AM
drdo99
Banned

hello,
the exam notifications at csir home site:
Syllabus for Admission Test in Computer Science & Engineering in csir
(Course codes: 35 and 36)
Digital Logic: Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of combinational and sequential circuits; Number representation and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).
Computer Organization and Architecture: Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and data-path, CPU control design, Memory interface, I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode), Instruction pipelining, Cache and main memory, Secondary storage, Microprocessors (8085) – Architecture, Programming and Interfacing.
Theory of Computation: Regular languages and finite automata, Context free languages and Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets and Turing machines, Undecidability; NPcompleteness.
Programming and Data Structures: Programming in C/C++; Functions, Recursion, Parameter passing, Scope, Binding; Classes, Objects, Polymorphism, Abstract data types, Arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary search trees, Binary heaps.
Algorithms: Analysis, Asymptotic notation, Notions of space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis; Design: Greedy approach, Dynamic programming, Divide-and-conquer; Tree and graph traversals, Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest paths; Hashing, Sorting, Searching.
Compiler Design: Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation, Runtime environments,
Intermediate and target code generation, Basics of code optimization.
Operating Systems: Processes, Threads, Inter-process communication, Concurrency, Synchronization, Deadlock, CPU scheduling, Memory management and virtual memory, Filesystems, I/O systems.
Databases: ER-model, Relational model (relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms), Query languages (SQL), File structures (sequential files, indexing, B and B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control.
Computer Networks: ISO/OSI and TCP/IP stacks, Ethernet, Flow and error control techniques, Routing algorithms, Congestion control, IP(V4) and its addressing schemes, TCP/UDP and sockets, Basic concepts of hubs, switches, gateways, and routers.
ok
10th July 2010, 11:23 AM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Hi
If you want full detail about CSIR then you have to check official site of UGC.
http://www.ugc.ac.in/index.html
But if you ask here then I have to give you some information like....

CSIR conducts National Eligibility Test twice a year in June and December for admission to Junior Research Fellowship
You will get notification in the months of March and September respectively.
I have attacthed some pdf file please check that.
I hope files are use full to you.
But please check their official site too.
Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf syllabus of NET of computer science.pdf(936.4 KB, 215 views)
File Type: pdf QP COMPUTER SCIENCE NET.pdf(211.0 KB, 147 views)
File Type: pdf QP COMPUTER SCIENCE III NET.pdf(266.6 KB, 126 views)
1st August 2010, 04:50 PM
yashaswini t s

hi, you can visit the website
csir.res.in/CSIR/external/heads/career/recruit/advt12007.pdf
4th August 2010, 06:58 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

the exam details are,as following syllabus as according to post graduation course.
see the parts,you like the best.
Theory of Computation: Regular languages and finite automata, Context free languages and Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets and Turing machines, Undecidability; NPcompleteness.
Digital Logic: Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of combinational and sequential circuits; Number representation and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).
Computer Organization and Architecture: Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and data-path, CPU control design, Memory interface, I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode), Instruction pipelining, Cache and main memory, Secondary storage.
Programming and Data Structures: Programming in C; Functions, Recursion, Parameter passing, Scope, Binding; Abstract data types, Arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary search trees, Binary heaps.
Algorithms: Analysis, Asymptotic notation, Notions of space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis; Design: Greedy approach, Dynamic programming, Divide-and-conquer; Tree and graph traversals, Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest paths; Hashing, Sorting, Searching.
Compiler Design: Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation, Runtime environments, Intermediate and target code generation, Basics of code optimization.
Operating System: Processes, Threads, Inter-process communication, Concurrency, Synchronization, Deadlock, CPU scheduling, Memory management and virtual memory, File systems, I/O systems, Protection and security.
Databases: ER-model, Relational model (relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms), Query languages (SQL), File structures (sequential files, indexing, B and B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control.
Computer Networks: ISO/OSI stack, LAN technologies (Ethernet, Token ring), Flow and error control techniques, Routing algorithms, Congestion control, TCP/UDP and sockets, IP(v4), Application layer protocols (icmp, dns, smtp, pop, ftp, http); Basic concepts of hubs, switches, gateways, and routers.
5th October 2010, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

sir pls snd me the csir coaching centers in hyderabad at sr nagar(for organic chemistrry). my mail id is [email protected] snd me as possible as earlier.
6th December 2010, 12:02 PM
RaginiGupta

Hi..
I am a student of MCA fourth sem and i want to do Ph.d...
I just want to know complete information about it that how to proceed for it..how to prepare and which one ll be best for me
28th December 2010, 11:28 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
The subjects which are included in the test are Chemical Sciences, Earth Atmospheric Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Life Sciences, Math, Physical Sciences etc. The basic qualification required is and M.Sc or its equivalent with more than 55 % of marks. Candidates must be within the age limit of 28.
10th January 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

I would like to know whether a BE in Computer Science can prepare for CSIR-NET for Computer Science, my age is 32 years.
30th June 2011, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Csir net exam qualifying mark 2011 june
13th June 2012, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

i have done BE in Information Technology. am i eligible for this exam. If i am eligible then will you pls send me the detail sylabus of csir related to information technology . my email id is [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?