2nd June 2016, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for admission in B.Ed under OBC category having 40% marks in graduation B.A.?

I completed my B.A. Political Science from Calicut University in 2007. I passed my degree with 40% marks. I belong to OBC category. Am I eligible for B.Ed admission in India?

2nd June 2016, 07:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for admission in B.Ed under OBC category having 40% marks in graduation B.A.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my B.A. Political Science from Calicut University in 2007. I passed my degree with 40% marks. I belong to OBC category. Am I eligible for B.Ed admission in India?
You have passed B.A in Political Science with 40% marks, so you are not eligible for B.Ed course. Because marks relaxation is not consider for OBC candidates.

Those candidates who have completed graduation or masters degree with above 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible for B.Ed course.

There are no age criteria.
2nd June 2016, 10:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for admission in B.Ed under OBC category having 40% marks in graduation B.A.?

Most of the universities ask for 50% marks in graduation for B.Ed admission for both General and OBC category candidates. For reserved category there is 5% relaxation.

With 40% marks it will be very difficult to get admission in B.Ed because of lack of marks according to eligibility criteria.
3rd June 2016, 02:41 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue B.Ed course.

The minimum academic criteria required to pursue B.Ed course is that the candidate must have passed graduation with an aggregate of 50% marks from a recognized college/ university.

Being secured 40% marks in B.A. Political science, you are not eligible to pursue B.Ed course.
3rd June 2016, 05:57 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Sorry, you are not eligible for B.Ed with less than 50% marks in graduation.
The eligibility to study the B.Ed is a pass in Graduation Degree with a minimum of 50% marks (for SC/ST 45%) marks from a recognised university. The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination for the admission. The course duration is 2 years. The course is available in many colleges in India like
Amrita University - Official Website
Lovely Professional University - Official Website
Aravali College of Advanced Studies in Education - Official Website
IGNOU - Official Website
3rd June 2016, 09:34 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Ed course. B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education and it is one year duration course.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination to get admission in course is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university with minimum 50% relaxation of 5% for OBC and SC/ST candidaes.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in any recognised university.
27th November 2016, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for B.ed,I have 46% number and I am under OBC category?
5th May 2021, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

Am I b.c student bed course eligibility in the graduation ?
16th August 2021, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

I am Rajinder kaur and I have a 44% in graduation and I am under OBC category can i eligible for b ed admission
2nd September 2021, 05:26 PM
Minal F

No, Candidates must have a graduation degree with minimum 50 to 55%marks. or for post graduation degree 55%marks required from a recogniszed university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?