5th October 2011, 12:43 AM
hemssingh

Detailed information regarding IAS Exam?

i m very much keen in knowin wil be oblige if someone would help me dis is hemangi singh email id [email protected] i want to know about ias in detail i mean frm admission to exam m a psychologist

Related Questions:
5th October 2011, 06:39 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Detailed information regarding IAS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemssingh View Post
i m very much keen in knowin wil be oblige if someone would help me dis is hemangi singh email id [email protected] i want to know about ias in detail i mean frm admission to exam m a psychologist
Very Good Decision sir..!

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

This officer is to administer a part of big place. He is the ruler there. His decisions plays a vital role in every aspect.

->To get job to serve in this IAS you have to clear an Entrance examination called CSE which stands for Civil service examination.

->Every citizen of India who is 21 at age is eligible to write this examination.

->The educational qualification required for this examination is a degree from recognized Indian university, Its better if you have at least 50% of marks in graduation, But its not compulsory, and not a problem even if you have less percentage in your graduation.

-> This exam is conducted every year after a notification for the same.

->The examination pattern is of three levels.
level 1-Civil Service Aptitude test
Level 2-Mains Exam
Level 3-Personal Interview.

->You're said to be a qualified candidate only if you clear all the three levels.

->Notification will be unveiled in the month of January hopefully
->Following notification, you will get application forms from head post offices anywhere in your living place across the country.

->After getting registered for this examination procedure you will get a call letter alongwith your admit card

->finally after clearing everything of the selection process you will get the rank based on your performance throughout the process.

->with that rank you will be given a service of your desire if possible with rank. if you get top rank you will get your desired service if not vice versa.

->Note every level of the selection you are been filtered out based on the performance.

I wish you get placed in your desired service by UPSC

Regards
5th October 2011, 07:06 PM
sidbond

Default Re: Detailed information regarding IAS Exam?

IAS is a category you can choose after qulaifying the UPSC Civil Services examination, along with other reputable services like the IPS, IFS, Finance Services etc.

The exam is rigorous test of the candidate's mettle and spans over 7 days in three phases.

The interview is the last stage. Selected candidates undergo training in Dehradun.

They are then posted at Grade A Gazzetted posts in the State or Central government.

The exam consists of a prelims, a mains and interview.

For details regarding UPSC, refer to the attachment I've provided

You can also visit the official site - Click Here
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Brochure.pdf(346.2 KB, 64 views)
5th October 2011, 07:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
5th October 2011, 07:42 PM
raju bhai

detailed for IAS exam-

candidates should must be graduates from any recognized institutes with any diciplenes.

and your age should be 21-30 years

candidates must be citizen of India.

thanks
5th October 2011, 07:42 PM
malek basit

Red face Re: Detailed information regarding IAS Exam?

hello Friend

i am proud of you B"coz you are Choose a IAS exam,Some most importent Detail about IAS.

•Nationality

A citizen of India
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.

• Age Limit

>> a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
>> a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

• Note::
>>The term ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.

>>The age concession under para 3(ii) (b) (v) and (vi) will not be admissible to Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs who are released on own reguest.

• Minimum Educational Qualifications
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

• Examination Syllabus Are:

->Agriculture
->Public Administration Sociology
->Statistics Zoology
-> Law

And other importent Syllabus So,visit official website..

~Regards~ :-)
Ba$iit
5th October 2011, 07:54 PM
raju bhai

detailed for IAS exam-

candidates should must be graduates from any recognized institutes with any diciplenes.

and your age should be 21-30 years

candidates must be citizen of India.

thanks
5th October 2011, 08:59 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment of IAS officers, an examination is conducted by union public service commission, known as civil service examination.

If you are a graduate and within the age limit of 21-30 years, you are eligible for the exams. The examination is conducted every year.

The examination comprise of three sages:
Civil Service Aptitude Test
Main Exam
Interview

The upcoming civil service examination is going to be conducted on 20-05-2012.
The application form will be available from 04-02-2012.
5th October 2011, 11:05 PM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

List of civil services in India:
Services/posts to which recruitment is to be made through the Examination are:
1) Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
2) Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
3) Indian Police Service (IPS)
4) Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
5) Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
6) Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise) Group 'A'
7) Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
8) Indian Revenue Service, Group ‘A’ (IRS)
9) Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Non-technical)
10) Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
11) Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
12) Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
13) Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
14) Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
15) Post of Assistant Security Officer, Group ‘A’ in Railway Protection Force
16) Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
17) Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group 'A'
18) Indian Trade Service, Group "A" (Grade-III)
19) Indian Corporate Law Service, Group "A"
20) Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group 'B' (Section Officer's Grade)
21) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'
22) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group 'B'
23) Pondicherry Civil Service, Group 'B'
24) Pondicherry Police Service, Group 'B'

Number of attempts:

Four (4)attempts for general category, seven (7) for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

Preliminary Examination:

Preliminary Exam is meant to serve as the screening stage/qualifying round only. The exam is held in the month of May every year and it consists of two objective type papers which carry a maximum of 400 marks in the following manner:
a) General Studies - 200 Marks & 2 hours in duration
b) Aptitude - 200 Marks & 2 hours in duration

Segments/portions of General Studies paper
General Studies, compulsory paper for all, comprises of six segments.

* Current events of national and international importance
* History of India and Indian National Movement
* Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
* Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
* Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
* General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
* General Science

Segments of Aptitude paper:

* Comprehension
* Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
* Logical reasoning and analytical ability
* Decision making and problem solving
* General mental ability
* Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
* English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
* Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.

Civil Services Mains Exam

The Main written examination comprises a total of nine (9) papers of two types:
a) 2 papers of non-ranking types
b) 7 papers of ranking type

Non-ranking Papers:
Two papers of non-ranking type include:

Paper I: Indian language, to be selected by the candidate out of languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution, and - 300 marks
Paper II: English, which is a compulsory paper - 300 marks

Ranking Papers:

Paper III: Essay - 200 marks
Paper IV & V: General Studies - 300 marks per paper
Paper VI, VII, VIII, IX: Two optional subjects with two papers each - 300 marks per paper

Segments/portions of General Studies paper:
There are 4 segments in GS paper 1:

a) History of Modern India & Indian culture
b) Geography of India
c) Constitution of India & Indian Polity
d) Current National Issues & Topics of Social Relevance

There are 5 segments in GS paper 2:

a) India & the World
b) India's Economic Interaction with the World
c) Developments in the field of Science & Technology, IT and Space
d) International Affairs & Institutions
e) Statistical Analysis, Graphs & Diagrams

List of optional subjects for Main Examination:

a) Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
b) Anthropology
c) Botany
d) Chemistry
e) Civil Engineering
f) Commerce and Accountancy
g) Economics
h) Electrical Engineering
i) Geography
j) Geology
k) History
l) Law
m) Management
n) Mathematics
o) Mechanical Engineering
p) Medical Science
q) Philosophy
r) Physics
s) Political Science and International Relations
t) Psychology
u) Pubic Administration
v) Sociology
w) Statistics
x) Zoology
y) Literature of one of the following languages:Arabic, Assamese, Bodo, Bengali, Dogri, Chinese, English, French, German, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Pali, Persian, Punjabi, Russian, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu.

Notes:

a) Candidates will not be allowed to offer the following combinations of subjects:

i) Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
ii) Commerce & Accountancy and Management
iii) Anthropology and Sociology
iv) Mathematics and Statistics
v) Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
vi) Management and Public Administration
vii) Of the Engineering subjects, viz., Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering–not more than one subject
viii) Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science
b) The question papers for the examination will be of conventional (essay) type
c) Each paper will be of three hours duration. Blind candidates will, however be allowed an extra time of thirty minutes at each paper.

d) The question papers other than language papers will be set both in Hindi and English.

Application procedure:
The UPSC has developed an application form common for all its examinations, which will be processed on computerised machines. This application form along with an Information Brochure containing general instructions for filling up the form, an acknowledgement card and an envelope for sending the application is obtainable from the designated Head Post Offices/Post Offices throughout the country as against cash payment of Rs. 20/- (Rupees twenty only).

Form should be purchased from the designated Post Offices only and not from any other agency. This form can be used only once and for only one examination. Candidates must use the form supplied with the Information Brochure only and they should in no case use a photocopy / reproduction / unauthorised printed copy of the Form. Since this form is electronically scannable, due care should be taken to fill up the application form, correctly.

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!
5th October 2011, 11:58 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Indian Administration Service (IAS) exam is conducted by upsc every year once.
Indian Administration Service has three phase of examination process,first is Preliminary exam (current affairs,Vocabulary,aptitude will be the syllabus),if you qualifies this exam,then only you can enter to Second phase of exam i.e Main exam (Geography,History etc syllabus,all the question should answer in eassy type),if you crack this exam,then only you can enter to third phase exam i.e is Interview (Communication skill testing).After overcoming all this exam,you will be appointed as Asst IAS officer.

Indian Administration Service(Preliminary exam) Notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 4th Feb 2012 to 5th March 2012.
Exam will held on 20th May 2012.

Indian Administration Service (Main Exam) notification for this year:
Exam will held on 15th Oct 2012.
Yet notification details,were not update,i hope they will be updating notification after preliminary exams.

For detail,then click here
6th October 2011, 10:15 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Detailed information regarding IAS Exam?

Quote:

Complete Information on Civil Service Exams

UPSC conducts Civil Service Exams every year for the elite government services like IAS,IPS,IFS and many more..

Eligibility :-

According to the UPSC guidelines..the following candidates are eligible for appearing in the UPSC Civil Services Exam :-

1) The candidate must be a graduate degree holder or should be in the final year of graduation from a recognized college

2) The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts permitted for the general category is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

Exam Pattern :-

There are 2 rounds for clearing the exam

1) Prelims :- This round consists of 2 objective papers which shall mainly test your aptitude,general knowledge and current affairs..

2) Mains :- If you clear the Prelims.. you shall qualify for the Mains where your knowledge of graduation subjects..

If you clear both the rounds then you shall be called for the interview and the final selection..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
6th October 2011, 03:42 PM
rajesh mishra

hi Dear

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

thanks
3rd August 2012, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

I have not information about IAS exam system.so I want proper guidence
19th June 2013, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR , I AM NIJAM AHEMAD I AM COMPLITE B.COM THE YEAR OF 2011 . MY DREAM IS IN FUTURE I AM IAS OFFICER. SO, KINDLY INFORM ALL INFORMATION ABOUTS IAS PREPARATION..MY ID [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?