23rd February 2016, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for UPSC IAS exam with 66% in 10th, 56% in 12th and 62% in B.E. Mechanical? Detailed information about it?

Respected Sir,
I have completed my B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) with an aggregate of 62%, 12th with 56% and 10th with 66%. Can I apply for UPSC IAS exam? If yes, please provide me information about it.

26th February 2016, 09:17 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC IAS exam with 66% in 10th, 56% in 12th and 62% in B.E. Mechanical? Detailed information about it?

You have completed your B.E in Mechanical Engineering discipline and interested to fill the application form of UPSC Civil Services Exam. Following are the details for this exam.

Educational Qualification: Student must possess graduation degree from a recognized university. It does not matter how much percentage you secure in the graduation, 10th and in 12th.

Age Limit: The maximum age limit is 32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category student as per govt. norms.

Selection Procedure: The selection is done on the basis of marks obtained by students in Preliminary exam, Mains exam followed by interview.

>>Since you have fulfilled all the eligibility criteria. So you are definitely eligible for Civil Services Exam. So in my opinion you have to start your preparation for this exam as it is one of the toughest exams by UPSC. If you still have any doubt regarding the eligibility criteria then you can go though the detailed advertisement of Civil Services Exam which I am providing to you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC CSE.pdf(5.66 MB, 8 views)
26th February 2016, 11:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC IAS exam with 66% in 10th, 56% in 12th and 62% in B.E. Mechanical? Detailed information about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I have completed my B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) with an aggregate of 62%, 12th with 56% and 10th with 66%. Can I apply for UPSC IAS exam? If yes, please provide me information about it.
Yes, you are eligible for UPSC IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Best books for IAS exam:-

* A History of Modern World by Ranjan Chakravati
* Indian and World Geography by Majid Hussain
* India's Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
* Indian Constitution by P.M. Bakshi
* Mc Graw Hill Education Series: Indian Economy for Civil Service Examination by Ramesh Singh
* Mc Graw Hill Education Series: Indian Polity for Civil Services Examination by M. Laxmikanth
* Indian Economy & Performance and Policies by Uma Kapila
* India Since Independence by Bipin Chandra
* Indian Constitution by Subhash Kashyap

Important Dates for Civil Service Exam 2016:-

Date of Notification: 23 April, 2016
Last Date to Apply: 20 May, 2016
Exam Date: 7 August, 2016
Civil Services (Main): 3 December, 2016
27th February 2016, 12:44 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

UPSC conducts Civil Services examination for recruitment of candidates as I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university in any discipline. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and it is necessary to qualify in all stages for final recruitment. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
27th February 2016, 12:57 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for IAS Examination after completion of B.E in Mechanical Engineering. To join Indian Administrative Services (IAS), you are required to write CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Yes, you can apply for IAS Examination with the present percentage as there is no such percentage criteria required. The basic criteria required is "GRADUATION PASS" from a recognized board/ institute. The minimum qualification required is "Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent". Candidates who are studying their final year are also eligible to apply for UPSC IAS Examination. The selection process of UPSC IAS Exam consists of
>> Preliminary Examination
>> Main Examination
>> Personal Interview
So candidates who successfully qualify in Civil Services Preliminary Examination are required to appear in Civil Services Main Examination and Finally Interview.

Click here for Preliminary Exam and Main Exam Details
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?