2nd June 2012, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Details about GATE entrance exam? How should I prepare?

i want about gate exam details and how i prepare ?...please inform me the details

2nd June 2012, 08:54 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details about GATE entrance exam? How should I prepare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want about gate exam details and how i prepare ?...please inform me the details
Information About GATE Examination:

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

This examination is jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board. The examination is Conducted every year and for this year examination was already completed.

If you are really Interested for GATE Examination then please prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus. Always follow standard books for GATE and try to complete your Syllabus on time, If you have face problem to complete syllabus yourself, then you can Join some best coaching classes for that, they can help you better.

GATE is completely objective question based test and to solve objective question in exams is very tricky, so practice is very necessary to cracked GATE.

If you have scored less marks in your Graduation/Post graduation, then please do not worry because if you have scored good marks in GATE, then you GATE marks will be Considered. So please more focus on GATE Examination.

To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate/Post graduate degree course in in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture OR in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent.

GATE examination consists of a single paper of 3 hours duration which contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks. The question paper will consist of only objective questions. There will be negative marking for each wrong answer, except for the numerical answer type questions. Each GATE paper shall have a General Aptitude component carrying 15 marks.

So, Please more focus on syllabus and examination pattern and if you need more information about GATE, then please check official website.

http://gate.iitk.ac.in
2nd June 2012, 10:35 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for GATE Examination:-

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

I have uploaded the GATE brochure for you. Go through this if you want to know more about it.

For more info you can log onto this website:- http://gate.iitk.ac.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf brochure.pdf(444.7 KB, 64 views)
3rd September 2012, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

do psu companies need 60% marks in btech other than gate score. or can get a job in psu without having 60% marks
13th December 2012, 10:58 PM
Vikas hrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friend,

The GATE (Graduate Aptitutde Test) is jointly conducted by all Indian Institutes of Technology and (IITs) and
Indian Institute of Science,Bangalore.The test is conducted for admitting eligible candidates
into many postgraduate engineering courses in IITs as well as many other prestigious Institutes of India.
The test is usually conducted in the month of February every year
and the results are declared in the month of March.

You are eligible to apply for GATE if:-
1.You have a Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy,Architecture or Engineering.
If you are in final year then also you can apply.
2.You have Masters degree in any branch of Science,Mathematics,Computer Application,or Statistics.
3.If you have obtained a professional degree equivalent to B.Tech or B.E. recognised by UPSE or AICTE.
4.If you have passed dual degree program or 5 year integrated Masters degree program.

You can write GATE in either online or paper mode as per your choice.
The syllabus of GATE generally contains the subjects of your course and general aptitutde.

The GATE question paper is of 150 marks.The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
The questions are of objective types which are divided in three groups:-
1.GROUP I-This group contains 20 questions of 20 marks.
2.GROUP II-This group conatins 55 questions of 2 marks each.Out of these,5 questions will be general data based.
3.GROUP III-This group conatins 10 questions of 2 marks each.These questions are known as linked questions.

If your command on the course which you are pursuing is very good,
then you can yourself prepare for GATE otherwise you should go for coaching for better guidance and support.

I hope you are satisfied with the information.

Best of luck.
Thanks.

With Regards-
Vikas.

Quote:
Along with success comes a reputation for wisdom.
10th April 2013, 08:25 PM
pokeman

hi,,,

Details about GATE entrance exam

eligible to apply for GATE

>>you have obtained a professional degree equivalent to B.Tech or B.E. recognised by UPSE or AICTE.

>>You have a Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy,Architecture or Engineering.

>>you have passed dual degree program or 5 year integrated Masters degree program.

>>You have Masters degree in any branch of Science,Mathematics,Computer Application,or Statistics.

best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks alot!!!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?