21st February 2011, 08:53 PM
vivaaa

Difference between UPSC and SSC?

what is the diference between upsc and ssc?

PLease reply

thanks

22nd February 2011, 04:35 AM
nitingoplani88

Default Re: Difference between UPSC and SSC?

UPSC(High Level) & SSC(Low Level)

Difference between UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and SSC is this that UPSC recruits for Groups “A” and others while SSC is for Lower Groups. SSC was earlier known as Subordinate Service Commission.
22nd February 2011, 06:14 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Dear Member

UPSC stands for :Union Public Service Commission
The Union Public Service Commission has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India. The Commission consists of a Chairman and ten Members.
The terms and conditions of service of Chairman and Members of the Commission are governed by the Union Public Service Commission (Members) Regulations, 1969.
The Commission is serviced by a Secretariat headed by a Secretary with two Additional Secretaries, a number of Joint Secretaries, Deputy Secretaries and other supporting staff.

Role of UPSC:
The major role played by the Commission is to select persons to man the various Central Civil Services and Posts and the Services common to the Union and States (viz. All-India Services).

For details:http://www.upsc.gov.in/

SSC stands for Staff Selection Commission

Role of SSC:
1. To make recruitment to (i) all Group “B” posts in the various Ministries/Departments of the Govt. of India and their Attached and Subordinate Offices which are in the pay scales the maximum of which is Rs.10,500 or below and (ii) all non-technical Group “C” posts in the various Ministries/Departments of the Govt. of India and their Attached and Subordinate Offices, except those posts which are specifically exempt from the purview of the Staff Selection Commission.

2. To conduct examinations and/or interviews, whenever required for recruitment to the posts within its purview. The examinations would be held as far as possible at different centres and successful candidates posted, to the extent possible, to their home State/Region.

3. In particular, to hold Open Competitive Examinations for recruitment to the posts of:
(i) Lower Division Clerks in the various Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate Offices of the Government of India including those participating in the Central Secretariat Clerical Service /Indian Foreign Service (B), Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Service and the Armed Forces Headquarters Clerical Service;
(ii) Grade “C” and Grade ‘D” Stenographers of the Central Secretariat Stenographers Service and equivalent Grades of Indian Foreign Service (B) Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service/Armed Forces Head quarters Stenographers Service and to the posts of Stenographers in other Departments including Attached and Subordinate Offices of the Government of India not participating in the aforesaid Services;
(iii) Assistants in the various Ministries/Departments including Attached and Subordinate Offices of the Government of India including those participating in the Central Secretariat Service/ IFS (B)/ Railway Board Secretariat Service/Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service;
(iv) Inspectors of Central Excise in different Collectorates of Central Excise, Inspectors of Income-Tax in different charges of the Commissioners of Income-Tax, Preventive Officers and Examiners in different Custom Houses, Assistant Enforcement Officers in Directorate of Enforcement;
(v) Sub-Inspectors in , Central Bureau of Investigation and Central Police Organisations;
(vi) Divisional Accountants, Auditors and Accountants under the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India and other Accounts Departments and Upper Division Clerks in Attached and Subordinate Offices of the Government of India.
(vii) Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical) in CPWD, a Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial, General Central Services (Technical) post.
(viii) Statistical Investigators, Grade IV of Subordinate Statistical Service (SSC), a Group ‘C’ non-gazetted, non-ministerial post in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
(ix) Tax Assistant ( a Group C non – Gazetted Ministerial post in various Commissionerates of Central Board of Direct Taxes ( CBDT) and Central Board of Excise and Customs )
(x) Section Officer ( Commercial Audit), a Group “B” Non-gazetted post in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department
(xi) Section Officer (Audit) , a Group B Non-Gazetted post in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General

(4). The Commission also holds Departmental Examination for promotion from:
(i) Group “D” to Lower Division Clerk Grade of the Central Secretariat Clerical Service and equivalent grades in Indian Foreign Service (B)/Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Service/Armed Force Hqrs. Clerical Service;
(ii) Lower Divisional Clerks to Upper Divisional Clerks Grade of the Central Secretariat Clerical Service and equivalent Indian Foreign Service (B)/Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Service/Armed Forces Hqrs. Clerical Service;
(iii) Stenographers Grade “D” to Stenographers Grade “C” of the Central Secretariat Stenographers Service and equivalent grades in Indian Foreign Service (B)/Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service/Armed Forces Hqrs. Stenographers Service.

5. The Commission conducts periodical Typewriting Tests in English and Hindi.

6. The Commission prepares schemes for recruitment to all Group “B” posts which are in the pay scale of Rs 9300 to 34800 with a grade pay of Rs 42000 or below and Group “C” non-technical posts in the Ministries/Departmental of the Govt. of India including its Attached and Subordinate Offices in consultation with the Departments concerned.

7. The Commission conducts examinations/selections for recruitment to all Group “B” posts which are in the pay scales the maximum of which is Rs.10, 500 or below and all Group “C” non-technical posts in the Ministries/Departments of the Govt. from time to time.

8. The Commission performs such other functions as may be entrusted to it by the Central Govt. from time to time.

For details,website is :http://ssc.nic.in/SSC.html

hope now you can understand both of them.
regards
2nd March 2011, 07:50 AM
Unregistered

what isjob profile of assistant in css and how much salary he get?
Also tell me about promotion processer of css assistant.tanku
22nd March 2011, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

is there any difference between Civil Services exam and PSC exam ??. If yes then, what Designations do we get after qualifying PSC exam ??
14th June 2011, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

is civil services exam and upsc are both the same?
20th July 2011, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Difference between attached office and subordinate office
28th August 2011, 05:45 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Hello,

The UPSC - Union Public Service Commission and SSC - Staff Selection Committee

UPSC exam is conducted for:

* IES(Indian Engineering Services)
* IPS(Indian Police Service)
* IAS(Indian Administrative Services)
* NDA(National Defence Academy)

SSC exam is conducted for:

* CBI(Central Bureau of Investigation)

Best wishes
28th August 2011, 10:26 PM
rana2011
Banned

Difference between UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and SSC is this that UPSC recruits for Groups “A” and others while SSC is for Lower Groups. SSC was earlier known as Subordinate Service Commission.

Thanks!!
3rd September 2011, 06:08 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend,

upsc is the exam which includes all the higher posts in the administration of the india.
while ssc is tthe exam carried out at the state levels includes the services of state level.

upsc conducts the top exams like ias , ips , ifs , ies , irs , iafa ,etc.

to know more about the different services of the upsc kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
4th September 2011, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

what is the difference between ministrial and non-ministrial post in govt of india?
what is the difference between gazatted and non-gazatted post in govt of india?
2nd January 2012, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

I am doing bca & 24 year old.ask me, i am eligiable for navy & air force.please tell me
6th January 2012, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

i am doing mca & 22 years old,my height 148 cm, tell me i am eligiable for navy & airforce . please tell me.
6th January 2012, 05:55 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Difference between UPSC and SSC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaaa View Post
what is the diference between upsc and ssc?

PLease reply

thanks
UPSC

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. It is the central agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various Civil Services of India.

UPSC conducts following Exams:
  • Combined Medical Services Examination(CMSE)
  • Combined Defence Services Examination(CDSE)
  • National Defence Academy Examination (nda)
  • Indian Engineering Services Examination (IES)
  • Civil Services Examination
  • Indian Forest Service Examination
  • Special Class Railway Apprentices' Examination
  • Central Police Forces (Assistant Commandants)Examination
  • Indian Economic Service Examination
  • Indian Statistical Service Examination
You can get the exam date & other detail on its official link: http://upsc.gov.in

SSC

SSC is a Staff selection commission of India which have the responsibility to make recruitment to the technical and non-technical posts in the Government of India.

It conduct the examination for it previously called SSC Exam and now MTS (multi tasking staff) Exam on the national bases.

From this exam you can get a good central government job for the technical and non-technical post.

The exam is held as the vacancies are there you can check it out on
http://ssc.nic.in

or

http://ssc-cr.org

Thank you..
20th January 2012, 11:56 PM
edward1989

20th January 2012, 11:58 PM
edward1989

The UPSC - Union Public Service Commission and SSC - Staff Selection Committee

UPSC exam is conducted for:

* IES(Indian Engineering Services)
* IPS(Indian Police Service)
* IAS(Indian Administrative Services)
* NDA(National Defence Academy)

SSC exam is conducted for:

* CBI(Central Bureau of Investigation)
28th June 2015, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

I'm studying 3year B.Sc Honours in Zoology, can i able to appear the upsc exam sir please.
Contact me at:-
[email protected]
mobile no: 8116296641
30th June 2015, 01:04 AM
sumansahujadam

Dear Aspirant,

Here i am showing the difference between UPSC and SSC
UPSC <Union Public Service Commission>

1.The major roles of the commission is to recruit the officers/students under the Union/Central Govt.

UPSE conduct only gazetted posts.

3. Consists of CDS,Civil Services,Engineering Services Exam,IFS Exam,NDA Exam,Central Police Forces(AC) Exam.

SSC <Staff Selection Commission>

1. SSC the major roles of the commission are to recruite the candidates for central govt. departments.

2. SSC Conducted only for non-gazetted posts.

I hope now you know about the Major Difference between UPSC and SSC
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?